Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteLight*

That's actually something we can work with but Stastny is a center and never plays wing. We definitely don't need a center

Stastny is a an upcoming UFA and obviously not the player Ottawa is looking for. Wouldn't even get Wiercioch straight up.

Seth Jones Filip Forsberg. For Jason Spezza, Cory Conacher and Cody Ceci

Take out Forsberg and Ceci

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Stastny is a an upcoming UFA and obviously not the player Ottawa is looking for. Wouldn't even get Wiercioch straight up.

If you take out Forsberg and Ceci it would be a no go from Nashville. Ceci replaces Jones, Spezza gives Nashville some offence.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa

You really think the Preds would be interested in dealing their young stud Jones for an aging, injury prone center? I highly doubt it.

WhiteLight*

If you take out Forsberg and Ceci it would be a no go from Nashville. Ceci replaces Jones, Spezza gives Nashville some offence.

Do they really need Jones though? I'd add any D or D prospect not named Karlsson, Cowen or Ceci

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
You really think the Preds would be interested in dealing their young stud Jones for an aging, injury prone center? I highly doubt it.

Ceci is the key while not as high a ceiling as Jones he is a good replacement, Spezza is a better offensive player than they have ever had. Conacher is cheap with offensive upside. Not saying they would do it for sure but ? Nashville need goals and that Spezza can do !!!

WhiteLight*

Ceci is the key while not as high a ceiling as Jones he is a good replacement, Spezza is a better offensive player than they have ever had. Conacher is cheap with offensive upside. Not saying they would do it for sure but ? Nashville need goals and that Spezza can do !!!

Do they need a D, or a right D, if Jones is dealt though? Seems to me like they're set on D regardless. Not that Nashville would say, just saying a getting a RD in return is not a deal breaker for them

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Well as described by others when saying Spezza isn't the type you can win a cup with...he's soft, bad defensively, and lazy. All three of those also apply to Karlsson. The problem is that he plays 30 minutes a night and Spezza plays 20. It's also much easier to insulate a bad defensive forward than it is to insulate a bad defensive defenceman.

Anyway, they're both great dynamic players that are struggling on a bad team right now. People keep bringing up that this team did great last year without Spezza -- but that team didn't have Karlsson either.

Karlsson is not soft, nor is he lazy. He is amazing defensively in some aspects and not that great in other aspects of playing defence.

Spezza is not lazy either, nor is he soft. Defensively he can make errors and brilliant plays. He does "try" on defence. He makes a lot of really big giveaways, always has and always will.

Fact is, if you think Karlsson is lazy (or Spezza, as so many do) you are mistaking smart for lazy. Neither are going to run around for the point of running around. Their game is anticipation. They both play like a cat, waiting for a free puck they know is coming. Neither just sit on their butt waiting for it to come to them like Ovechkin does, but they aren't going to run around hitting everything that moves either.

I don't understand Senator fans. Both Spezza and Karlsson are brilliant players. Both have a ton of pride and want to be the best in the world. Both clearly have high expectations of themselves. You want to watch a bunch of grinders who "appear" to work harder and hit all the time? Or two of the best talents in the world of the last 10 years?

Biggest difference this year is we make mistakes and Anderson doesn't bail us out. He was uber-brilliant last year, and we gave up lots of odd man rushes and breakaways. This year he is awful. We make mistake and we pay. Last year we took lots of penalties and Anderson's save pct while we were shorthanded was insane. This year we take penalties and get scored on. We are not as bad as we seem this year and last year we were not as good as we seed to be.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Do they need a D, or a right D, if Jones is dealt though? Seems to me like they're set on D regardless. Not that Nashville would say, just saying a getting a RD in return is not a deal breaker for them

If your Nashville who else would you ask for ? I'm sure it would be to replace Jones with Ceci. I don't think Weircioch would be near enough for the press to move Jones. Karlsson, Methot, Jones would be an imposing trio.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Zibby replaces Spezza and we have now acquired a very large mobile right hand d man. I just think Nashville has what Ottawa needs and vice versa.

Nashville is unlikely to trade their 18 year old "coulda been first overall" already very good in the NHL defenceman. They just are not going to do that. For Spezza who has a year and a half left on his contract? They give up all that entry level contract time and then RFA time.... To get a centre that would help but is so far from putting them over the top.... Or even in the playoffs this year or next in a tough, tough Western Conference.

It makes no sense at all and thinking Nashville would do it is very wishful thinking.

WhiteLight*

If your Nashville who else would you ask for ? I'm sure it would be to replace Jones with Ceci. I don't think Weircioch would be near enough for the press to move Jones. Karlsson, Methot, Jones would be an imposing trio.

I dunno, Zibanejad? I'm just saying Nashville doesn't need a RD if they actually move Jones. I may be wrong but they seem like they have depth there.

Zibby replaces Spezza and we have now acquired a very large mobile right hand d man. I just think Nashville has what Ottawa needs and vice versa.

I think it's the opposite. The Sens don't need Jones, they have Ceci and Karlsson.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Nashville is unlikely to trade their 18 year old "coulda been first overall" already very good in the NHL defenceman. They just are not going to do that. For Spezza who has a year and a half left on his contract? They give up all that entry level contract time and then RFA time.... To get a centre that would help but is so far from putting them over the top.... Or even in the playoffs this year or next in a tough, tough Western Conference.

It makes no sense at all and thinking Nashville would do it is very wishful thinking.

How about Weber then ? They NEED offence in a bad way.

WhiteLight*

Im sorry but Jones >>>>>> Ceci.

Yes but Ceci is a local boy and right defense is not a need. Why not trade Spezza for a forward prospect who is worth slightly less than Jones and not include Ceci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad