Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I also like Lazar better, but it's too early to give up on Zibanejad. He's shown flashes and has great tools. If we had given up Zibanejad instead of Silfverberg I'd say fine...but give it time.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I also like Lazar better, but it's too early to give up on Zibanejad. He's shown flashes and has great tools. If we had given up Zibanejad instead of Silfverberg I'd say fine...but give it time.

Like i said another team would really have to like him. Equal or bettet valu needs to come back but in the form of a winger.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Would be reluctant to trade zibby either, I just feel like he is being misused as a winger, he looked much better playing as center. Onlly way I would trade his is for a legit #3 offensive dman which is not happening

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Would be reluctant to trade zibby either, I just feel like he is being misused as a winger, he looked much better playing as center. Onlly way I would trade his is for a legit #3 offensive dman which is not happening

This. He is much more noticeable when he plays center. It would be a mistake to trade him now. Put him as the 3rd line center with Condra and Conacher.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Prospect who is losing steam. I like lazar potential better. Zib is a much better center.
Spezza, turris, smith, lazar, pageau, grant.

A scoring winger would be a better fit.

Lazar won't be playing center for Ottawa. The idea of even trading Zibanejad because of a player like Lazar who is 2 years away from turning pro is kind of silly.

I'm failing to grasp this "losing steam" comment. Over a PPG in the AHL, scoring up from last year in the NHL and just general improvement everywhere... and 20 years of age. I don't really know what you're expecting here. He's transitioning to the wing, give him some time. The lack of patience here (a prospect forum @_@) sometimes is astounding.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

I'm not endorsing this but I'm just curious as to what you see as a #3 offensive defenseman.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Does anyone know if Kulikov is good at hockey?
I want him based on reputation from 2 years ago and as a prospect.
I havent seen enough of him to say in reality.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm not endorsing this but I'm just curious as to what you see as a #3 offensive defenseman.

I would imagine there are people that would move Zibanejad for guys like Shattenkirk, Spurgeon, Yandle and Bogosian.

Not sure whether or not I would do any of those deals (or create a package because outside of Spurgeon all those guys are probably more valuable than Zibanejad). I wonder what it would take to make a trade at the draft to acquire Nylander...

burf

Mar 27, 2012
If Florida's sending out a D and the Sens are interested, I'd rather see Murray targetting Campbell. He's a lot better than either Kulikov or Gudbranson, he's a much better fit for our needs as one of the league's premier D-men with the puck on his stick (whereas Kuli and Gud are both Cowen-esque with their breakouts), and he'd cost a lot less than either of those 2 young guys as well (his cap hit makes him unappealing to most teams in the league, and older players always cost less than young guys with "potential". Not to mention that the potential of those 2 young guys is questionable at best).

Granted, Uncle Euge can't afford him, but still. A man can dream.

Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
LOL - the Sens have been looking for a true 2nd line center since the inception of the franchise - and now they finally found one in Jason Spezza, and people want to trade him away? :sarcasm:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Get Kulikov while his value is the lowest its gonna be. Could easily end up being a steal when he breakouts out from a change of scenery.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
LOL - the Sens have been looking for a true 2nd line center since the inception of the franchise - and now they finally found one in Jason Spezza, and people want to trade him away? :sarcasm:

Fisher's cap hit > Spezza's cap hit for second line center

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Kulikov has been a minus in every one of his seasons.

The only players I am interested in are the ones not being moved.

Of course he's a minus player, he plays for Florida. I don't think they've had a defenseman in the pluses besides Jason Garrison in 5 years.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
so,

Kulikov this year then RFA in the summer (2.5 cap hit $3 million in actual this year)
or
Campbell this year + 2 more at 7.1 million cap and real.

Kulikov is going to cost us real assets that we likely dont want to part with while IMO Campbell surely could be had for very little given his cap and salary hit.
Ive always liked Campbell, he is the type of player this team needs.

A Campbell deal is perfect for Ottawa, we have the cap space (and would for the duration of his contract) its not a longterm contract, it wouldnt costs us anything we dont want or cant afford to lose, for a legit top 4 defenceman with the skills we need.

These are the kind of opportunities that we should be taking advantage of, but since the wallet has closed up and we are a bottom tier spending team it will never happen.
Lost opportunities.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Campbell is signed two more years past this one at 7.1, so he goes beyond 14-15 when we have to sign Spezza, Methot, Ryan, Zibanejad, MacArthur and conceivably Lehner. It just won't work unless Florida is going to eat a significant chunk of that contract. I'm not even talking Melnyk budget numbers, we might not be able to fit under the cap if we make enough short sighted moves that could make that off season a nightmare.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't think the team makes a move for a forward until they see what Stone has... Looks like he's back healthy for the weekend... A good week or two and a quick call up.

You know the team wants to see how he works with Spezza for an extended period of time.

I've been waiting for Stone to return from injury & have been saying this all yr that I would love to see Stone in Ottawa instead of a player like Condra or Conacher. IMO Stone's offensive abilities is exactly what this team lacks & if he ever heats up with someone like Spezza this team could be very dangerous with three big scoring lines.

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Greening - Spezza - Stone
Michalek - Z. Smith - Zibanejad
Robinson - Grant - Neil/Kassian

Am I the only person that feels it's ironic that you are criticizing other people of over rating a player?

:laugh:

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Let's trade Zibanejad for Evander Kane.

I love Evander's game, he'd look amazing with Spezza, but imo Zibby will be the better player in 3-4 years.

...not saying I wouldn't do it, it'd just take more then Zibby to pry him out of the Peg.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
I would like to see a trade to Edmonton to pry out one of their young wingers.
Anderson?
Maybe at trade deadline, or next summer?
Spezza?
Depends on how he does this year..
IMHO something is wrong with him, either his back/knee/groin is still bothering him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad