Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fuhr*

Stone made that one pass, that's the only thing he's done that has been NHL level. Every other game has been sub-par and I really see no reason he should be in the NHL at the moment, especially coming off an injury.

In that playoff game he got he had a couple wicked chances... I remember one where he skated right through the entire offensive zone with the puck

Had he scored on one of his chances everyone here would be talking about how clutch he is.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
For the first time ever, i would consider trading zibby for the right deal. Someone would really have to like him. If we could get a great young dman or scoring forward i'd be down.
Don't know if the timing is right but i'd be thinking about it and listening to offers.

Ie. not untouchable

Berserker*

Paul Maclean and Jason Spezza seem to disagree with you...

My opinion is based off what they have said and then watching them together in the playoffs.

No doubt in my mind, we will see the combo again in a couple weeks, if both stay healthy

I agree with this. He could be up very soon because he is the only player in the system that has shown any chemistry with Spezza in the past.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/05/22...a-and-mark-stone-develop-chemistry-in-a-hurry

"We have long thought that he could be a good linemate for Jason," MacLean said. "Circumstances haven't allowed that to happen up until this day"

"It seems he can find that soft slot area, and he's good in front of the net," said Spezza. "Definitely suits my game. It'd be a bit of a reach to say we have chemistry (now), but I think it's something in the future that could be a good pairing, for sure."

The same guy that says the best players will play ?:) Zack Smith was singled out as there best forward ? Love Stache but he says some things that I dont get.

Berserker*

The same guy that says the best players will play ?:) Zack Smith was singled out as there best forward ? Love Stache but he says some things that I dont get.

Smith has been playing great lately.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Smith has been playing great lately.

Love the guy he has been but he was singled out with the goalies as our best players ? Bit of a stretch, I think Stache was just trying to boost his confidence and it sure worked but our best forward ? All I was trying to say is lets not bellieve everything that is said and things do change. I would be very surprised if Stone was called up anytime soon, he needs to get his game in order and stay healthy for a while.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
For the first time ever, i would consider trading zibby for the right deal. Someone would really have to like him. If we could get a great young dman or scoring forward i'd be down.
Don't know if the timing is right but i'd be thinking about it and listening to offers.

Ie. not untouchable

I'd trade anyone for the right price !!! But for Zib it would have to be an impact guy like Bobby Ryan. I really wouldn't be stunned if he did get moved, he is a vastly better player at center than the wing but we have a logjam at center.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think that Stache's 'best players' moniker is relative. Like Smith has been playing better within his abilities than say someone like Spezza or Michalek have been within theirs. Not that he's necessary been actually better than say someone like Turris or Ryan.

Laoghaire

Jun 1, 2008
Ottawa
http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/05/22...a-and-mark-stone-develop-chemistry-in-a-hurry

"We have long thought that he could be a good linemate for Jason," MacLean said. "Circumstances haven't allowed that to happen up until this day"

"It seems he can find that soft slot area, and he's good in front of the net," said Spezza. "Definitely suits my game. It'd be a bit of a reach to say we have chemistry (now), but I think it's something in the future that could be a good pairing, for sure."
I don't know if this is true. Spezza has never been able to find chemistry with anyone who shoots right. Michalek and Heatley have found the best chemistry with him as his LW. Both shoot left. Meanwhile guys like Alfie and Ryan who shoot right haven't found success with him on his forehand side.

Stone also shoots right. I wouldn't be surprised to find that Puempel would have more success with Spezza than Stone.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Michalek and Spezz should be the trade bait at the moment. Both are injury plagued with declining skills. I'd love to keep spezz but for the long term health of the team, buy low and sell high.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Michalek and Spezz should be the trade bait at the moment. Both are injury plagued with declining skills. I'd love to keep spezz but for the long term health of the team, buy low and sell high.

Somehow I feel like the city wouldn't take well to trading our captain away after only 14 games

Berserker*

I don't know if this is true. Spezza has never been able to find chemistry with anyone who shoots right. Michalek and Heatley have found the best chemistry with him as his LW. Both shoot left. Meanwhile guys like Alfie and Ryan who shoot right haven't found success with him on his forehand side.

Stone also shoots right. I wouldn't be surprised to find that Puempel would have more success with Spezza than Stone.

We might be able to find out very soon. Stone will likely get called up in the next few weeks and from there he will either have chemistry with Spezza, or he won't.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I think that Stache's 'best players' moniker is relative. Like Smith has been playing better within his abilities than say someone like Spezza or Michalek have been within theirs. Not that he's necessary been actually better than say someone like Turris or Ryan.

Everyone has a role so you can't compare Smith to the role of a scorer, again my point is don't believe everything that is said there are "reasons" behind the words. My favorite is when a GM says my coach is safe. Thats the kiss of death !!!:laugh: Zibby did not deserve to be sent down to Bingo because he wasn't one of the "best players" they were trying to make a point with him.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Somehow I feel like the city wouldn't take well to trading our captain away after only 14 games

I'm not saying to trade anyone BUT it would make room for Zibby to become the second line center and thats where he should be ? If what you got in return could rectify our problems on the back end then maybe ? Still think there is something going on with Spezza and MacLean captain is only going in spurts. Maybe Spezza is pissed at having to play second fiddle to the praise the Turris line is getting, wasn't Ryan suppose to be his wingman ?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm not saying to trade anyone BUT it would make room for Zibby to become the second line center and thats where he should be ? If what you got in return could rectify our problems on the back end then maybe ? Still think there is something going on with Spezza and MacLean captain is only going in spurts. Maybe Spezza is pissed at having to play second fiddle to the praise the Turris line is getting, wasn't Ryan suppose to be his wingman ?

I think you're reaching here. We've seen nor heard anything about Spezza being unhappy. I think he's matured to the point where he just cares about wins and loses. I'm sure he wishes he had Alfie and Heater on his flanks but he can get it done with little to no help, which is why they aren't forcing the Ryan - Spezza combo and just going with what works.

Again, trading our Captain after what just happened this off season would be PR suicide. And again, the presence of Spezza does a lot more for Turris than people realize. The match up game is beautiful. IMO our PP would be atrocious without Spez as well. The two most important things for a Cup run are a clicking PP and great goaltending and there's simply no need great enough to part with a talent like the Captain.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Wonder what zib + wier could get us. Throw a young guy in there if needed (hoffman?)
If we can get a top level prospect out of it....

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Wonder what zib + wier could get us. Throw a young guy in there if needed (hoffman?)

Hey guys, lets trade a top level prospect and some extras and see if we can get a top level prospect! :badidea:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Agreed, forehand to forehand one timers. Hoffman seems like best candidate for spezza, cannon, and can fly. At a loss as to why hes not on his wing right now. Gotta make room for kassian. Stone is not going to be a top tier NHLer. Especially when hes playing with other players with minimal foot speed. If hes going to be successful he has to play with two fast players that will do most of the skating for him.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

That package gets us a player that Zibby will probably end up being better than.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Simmonds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And a pick/B level prospect?

Would rather trade for a Defenseman whose playing style and skills are opposite of Phillips, Gryba and Cowen. Those guys ability to exit the zone and handle the puck makes me want to punch my T.V screen

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Would rather trade for a Defenseman whose playing style and skills are opposite of Phillips, Gryba and Cowen. Those guys ability to exit the zone and handle the puck makes me want to punch my T.V screen

Then you dont trade Wier. What about Zibby and Gryba?

If Philly would do that straight up for Simmonds, I'd take it and run! Who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad