Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Probably not, but I think you owe it to that roster to get the best goalie available for the upcoming playoffs because of the injuries. If they didn't kick the tire on Anderson (sounds like they didn't, no one did) I still think it's a mistake. I guess they can walk away from Mrazek this offseason if they so choose and felt he was good enough to take a chance on for these playoffs/season.

He's one of those goalies to me that is all tools, no toolbox though. I can't see him taking Philly too far.

You owe it to your team to do something if your number one goalie goes down for sure, and they did by getting Mrazek.

You can debate which of Anderson and Mrazek is better, but Andy is having a bad year, and there’s no guarantee he’d turn it around in Philly. Then you factor in his contract, age and what you’d have to give up to get him.

If Mrazek doesn’t work for them, they trade him or they don’t qualify him. Plus they didn’t give up much to get him.

Also, does Ottawa even want to move Anderson? Who’s the starter next year if we trade him? Maybe there wasn’t much interest in him, but at the same time, who’s to say there was an appetite to move him? Especially before his extension kicked in.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well, I did not want to reveal my sources as it could implicate me and my family, as we are friends with some of the players and wives,. I can tell you that EK wife was extremely angry for the $hit $how that weekend and the weeks leading up, she made it very clear to him that he better get this all sorted out with his agent immediately because she is not going anywhere, period. Whenever there is a strong man, there is a strong woman right there I guess. So, if you would like to believe that fine, but his wife at this point is in control.

So you are saying we can expect a "Lol" tweet from her this spring/summer?
She could very well be a big influence on Karlsson wanting to stay... If he stays at a price the Sens can live with (lets say 10 per)... She should be crowned Queen of Ottawa or something like that ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Deku

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Well, I did not want to reveal my sources as it could implicate me and my family, as we are friends with some of the players and wives,. I can tell you that EK wife was extremely angry for the $hit $how that weekend and the weeks leading up, she made it very clear to him that he better get this all sorted out with his agent immediately because she is not going anywhere, period. Whenever there is a strong man, there is a strong woman right there I guess. So, if you would like to believe that fine, but his wife at this point is in control.

Well, we have no choice but to take this with a grain of salt, but if this is true it's very good news.

Imo, Melinda likes the spotlight possibly even more than Erik. She's married to the biggest celebrity in Ottawa and is famous in her own way too now. Add to that the usual stability human beings want when starting a family and it's looking good. Hopefully it means EK will settle for 10M on a long term deal. It's funny to use the word settle there :laugh:

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Well, we have no choice but to take this with a grain of salt, but if this is true it's very good news.

Imo, Melinda likes the spotlight possibly even more than Erik. She's married to the biggest celebrity in Ottawa and is famous in her own way too now. Add to that the usual stability human beings want when starting a family and it's looking good. Hopefully it means EK will settle for 10M on a long term deal. It's funny to use the word settle there :laugh:

Bingo. She has a very tight family, and many many close friends who are not hockey player wives.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Question.

Would you trade Anderson straight up for Lehner?

Yes. We need to get out of Anderson's contract. He is old and he is losing his athleticism; he has regressed a lot over the last few seasons and there aren't good reasons to assume that he that he will improve much given his age. We shouldn't have an Anderson - Condon tandem next season. Lehner-Condon is a better pairing and will fill as a stop gap until Gustaffson is ready. Then one can be used as his back up, assuming Gustafsson reaches his potential.

Reactions: Alex1234

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The wives are always in control. Well see. I mean. I can’t call you an idiot. I don’t know if you’re lying. So we shall see.

But don’t be offended when people poke fun at apparently flimsy sources. It’s part of the game

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
But don’t be offended when people poke fun at apparently flimsy sources. It’s part of the game

Exactly.

I appreciate the guys who come on here with inside info as some of them have been legit over the years, but unless a poster is willing to send some sort of verification to a mod or something, I can't fathom why someone would come on here and be offended that people think they are lying on the internet when they have zero track record and cannot/will not provide proof.

For people claiming "insider" status, wouldn't you expect people not to believe you until you establish some sort of track record? It's just common sense.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Exactly.

I appreciate the guys who come on here with inside info as some of them have been legit over the years, but unless a poster is willing to send some sort of verification to a mod or something, I can't fathom why someone would come on here and be offended that people think they are lying on the internet when they have zero track record and cannot/will not provide proof.

For people claiming "insider" status, wouldn't you expect people not to believe you until you establish some sort of track record? It's just common sense.

And gals

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Exactly.

It's all good, maybe I have been letting my emotions get the better part of me, I have been ruffling a few feathers this week.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
It's all good, maybe I have been letting my emotions get the better part of me, I have been ruffling a few feathers this week.

No worries. I hope you’re right. I don’t want Karlsson to leave. The idea of him being traded makes me sad, angry, frustrated and a little gassy.

If I offended you with any of my previous posts, I apologize. It’s just when I see someone with very few posts on here and they claim to know something of this nature, I get suspicious. There’s lots of people who make things up online. Shocking I know! Look at all the fake Dreger’s, Mckenzie’s etc. around deadline day.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Karlsson + Ryan + 3rd
For
Draisaitl + Larsson + 1st/Puljujarvi

IF were trading Karlsson I want a centerman/LW for Stone and a partner for Chabot.

Edmonton is the best fit...I just hope it's more of a hockey deal than a pure futures trade.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Karlsson + Ryan + 3rd
For
Draisaitl + Larsson + 1st/Puljujarvi

IF were trading Karlsson I want a centerman/LW for Stone and a partner for Chabot.

Edmonton is the best fit...I just hope it's more of a hockey deal than a pure futures trade.
Edm make no sense at all unless Karlsson resigns there which I doubt

Also that's way to much for edm to give up. I think those who are expecting Draisaitl back are out to lunch they probably move rnh klefbom pool party or picks way before Draisaitl or Larsson. I would say those two are untouchable

Karl isn't going to sign in edm so I doubt it's a good fit at all

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
What I have been hearing in the inner circle, if there is a chance of him leaving, which again I doubt will happen, any team in the warmer climates will be his destination. This is highly unlikely still as he wants to stay here, with the crazy owner and all.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Some pretty decent UFA's this year in JvR, Nash, Stasny and others. If we were a cap team I'd definitely offer Nash 5.5mx4, JVR 6mx6 and Stasny 6mx5. Too bad we're not.... Could go for Riley Nash maybe if he priced himself out of Boston, or one of Vegas' UFA's.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If Edmonton is on EKs list I could see something like this:

Ott: Puljarvi, 5th overall, Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Adam Larson
Edm: Karlsson, Ryan ($2 million retained on Ryan), Dzingel

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Some pretty decent UFA's this year in JvR, Nash, Stasny and others. If we were a cap team I'd definitely offer Nash 5.5mx4, JVR 6mx6 and Stasny 6mx5. Too bad we're not.... Could go for Riley Nash maybe if he priced himself out of Boston, or one of Vegas' UFA's.

If we sign free agents, we will be looking in the bargain bin.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
If we sign free agents, we will be looking in the bargain bin.

I don't see us making a big splash in the free agency pool at all this off-season. Dorion has said that he wants to build a perennial contender "the right way" without any stop gaps. None of the pieces available this summer are assets you would build around, so it doesn't really seen realistic to me. I think we see a similar roster next year, with a stronger focus on the youth movement coming up the pipeline.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
PD should wait until July 1st, and set up a meeting with Duchene, EK65 and Stone and ask how they can make all their contracts or contract extensions work.

Reactions: HF Reader

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Insert the office gif of photoshopped Ceci trying to enter the room only to have Dorion shut the door in his face.

If they extend both EK65 and Duchene, and sign Stone to a new contract, this summer, then they have a solid base going forward, and Ceci will have to take what he can get.

Reactions: Gesus

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If they extend both EK65 and Duchene, and sign Stone to a new contract, this summer, then they have a solid base going forward, and Ceci will have to take what he can get.

What is Duchesne? An impress eyeball player who is on permanent horrid teams?

Is he the Oli Jokinen of this generation?? Scary to track his teams end of seasons standings, they always underachiev / tank.

I’m nervous about signing him up long term. He doesn’t have that winning pedigree I want in my top forwards (Ryan, Hoffman don’t have that pedigree either and to many of these guys sink teams)

I loved Havlat, but Alfie and Hossa had the winning pedigree on this teams. Havlat was the most fun to watch, just feeling Duche is in this same boat - all style, no substance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad