Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
If we get better goaltending we could be ok. I don’t expect to make the playoffs with that roster, but we shouldn’t be awful. If Colorado gets our pick next year and it’s in the 10-15 range, I’m ok with that. My plan is to be competitive 2-3 years from now. We give our young’s like Brown, Chlapik, Batherson, Formenton time to develop in the meantime. If we’re out of it by the deadline we can move guys like Filppula, Richardson, Pyatt to get some picks.

We build around Karlsson, Stone, Duchene and Hoffman. That’s not a bad core.

The core is cool, but there's something about Filppula and Gaborik in the top 6 that turns me right off. It's probably the fact that Filppula and Gaborik are in the top 6.

Why in the world would Dallas do that? For a 4rth round pick lol

Not the best value for them considering he's retained but Spezza is done. He'll pull off some cool dipsy doodles from time to time but that's all you get from him now with all the turnovers, slow-ness, lack of drive and no more conversions really. Check out the production. Hitchcock has tried to limit his minutes to see if he can produce that way, but his numbers are terrible. Loses the eye test too. Dallas has been the team I've watched the most along with Nashville and... nah... don't want him lol. He was already not fitting our style anymore when he was traded, now you can multiply that by 10.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The core is cool, but there's something about Filppula and Gaborik in the top 6 that turns me right off. It's probably the fact that Filppula and Gaborik are in the top 6.

Not the best value for them considering he's retained but Spezza is done. He'll pull off some cool dipsy doodles from time to time but that's all you get from him now with all the turnovers, slow-ness, lack of drive and no more conversions really. Check out the production. Hitchcock has tried to limit his minutes to see if he can produce that way, but his numbers are terrible. Loses the eye test too. Dallas has been the team I've watched the most along with Nashville and... nah... don't want him lol. He was already not fitting our style anymore when he was traded, now you can multiply that by 10.
Our style? No one fits our style. lol His production has went down because of Hitchcock. Same thing that happened in Ottawa is happening in Dallas, he is stuck with shitty wingers.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Our style? No one fits our style. lol His production has went down because of Hitchcock. Same thing that happened in Ottawa is happening in Dallas, he is stuck with ****ty wingers.

I would bet my house that Ottawa is firmly on Spezza's no trade list.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Our style? No one fits our style. lol His production has went down because of Hitchcock. Same thing that happened in Ottawa is happening in Dallas, he is stuck with ****ty wingers.

Semantics. What we want our style to be then, if you prefer... We want fast paced players with drive. Spezza is the complete opposite of that right now. He's done. 34 turning 35 with an extensive injury history. Have you watched the games or are you stuck with a past illusion of what player he really is? Because I have and while Hitchcock isn't ideal for a player like Spezza, look at Seguin who took a bit of a dip in production but is now thriving and a much improved two way player.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Condon + Burrows for Darling.

Who says no?

Darling's contract is front-loaded and Condon's is back loaded, so money is closer than it might appear. We end up shedding money next season which is part of the teams MO. It shakes up the goaltending without giving up major pieces and without blocking Gustavsson/Hogberg.

I'm not even sure I'd pull the trigger, but I refuse to go into next season with the status quo, as the goaltending this year has sunk us from the very beginning. Also think it's unrealistic that Anderson will be moved, so would have to involve Condon going out the door.

Also, if the deal as presented doesn't make sense, would Carolina consider taking Gaborik instead of Burrows? That would obviously make the money work better from a Sens perspective, but I have a hard time seeing anyone take Gabby off our hands.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Who says no?

Darling's contract is front-loaded and Condon's is back loaded, so money is closer than it might appear. We end up shedding money next season which is part of the teams MO. It shakes up the goaltending without giving up major pieces and without blocking Gustavsson/Hogberg.

I'm not even sure I'd pull the trigger, but I refuse to go into next season with the status quo, as the goaltending this year has sunk us from the very beginning. Also think it's unrealistic that Anderson will be moved, so would have to involve Condon going out the door.

Also, if the deal as presented doesn't make sense, would Carolina consider taking Gaborik instead of Burrows? That would obviously make the money work better from a Sens perspective, but I have a hard time seeing anyone take Gabby off our hands.

I'd rather buy out Burrows and stick with Condon.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Who says no?

Not a terrible idea by any means, but the big issue is that we take on an extra year of a (currently) spotty goalie in the deal.

Condon+Burrows makes 5M combined next season vs Darling @ 4.75M, so it's not as far off as it seems on paper for two teams who may not be spending to the cap.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Haha, yeah that 2nd line is rough, but the other lines I feel would be fine. I just wanted a stop gap in the 2c hole to let Brown develop. Fillpula will probably get ~40 points this year, but I imagine he’s playing with better players than Gaborik. In my scenario you could throw Brouwer on that line, but that doesn’t help much in terms of offence.

I’m not that worried about next year. I just want to be more competitive and I want us to be entertaining to watch. The good thing with that lineup is that we don’t have any awful long term contracts. Gaborik, yes, but I would buy him out next summer. We only have Brouwer for two years, and I don’t think Stone is much of a downgrade on Ceci. Plus he’s cheapish.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
With everyone salty about the expansion draft, I wonder why I never see proposals to get Methot back.

Is it because no one here wants to give up what it would take to get him? Is it not wanting to take his contract? Is it knowing that Ottawa would need to overpay? Is it knowing that he's actually done as an NHL'er, even as EK's partner?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
With everyone salty about the expansion draft, I wonder why I never see proposals to get Methot back.

Is it because no one here wants to give up what it would take to get him? Is it not wanting to take his contract? Is it knowing that Ottawa would need to overpay? Is it knowing that he's actually done as an NHL'er, even as EK's partner?

Well, most of the year, he's been injured, so people don't generally make pitches for guys who are hurt. We also aren't a team that's in a position to be looking to acquire players given our place in the standings. If we were interested in Methot, it would have to be an offseason deal. Lastly, people on this site are typically biased towards trading for younger players. At 33 by the time next season starts (the earliest we'd want him), he no longer fits the typical mold of an acquisition for a rebuilding team.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
That's an over-simplification of the offer, but point taken.

I only have three gears:
1) short and to the point
2) literally nothing to do with the topic at hand.
3) entirely too long and over-explained

I imagine, of the three, most around here prefer 1st gear, though maybe a few also enjoy the occasional 2nd gear?

I usually save 3rd gear for either responding to posts that are entirely ridiculous, or require a depth of context to make a point.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

It’s not a great long term idea. If we keep Karlsson, we need to find a partner for him, but I’m not sure Methot is the answer.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Last ten seasons, in the playoffs five times, missed it five times. Not fun for fans. Must find some consistency.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
I only have three gears:
1) short and to the point
2) literally nothing to do with the topic at hand.
3) entirely too long and over-explained

I imagine, of the three, most around here prefer 1st gear, though maybe a few also enjoy the occasional 2nd gear?

I usually save 3rd gear for either responding to posts that are entirely ridiculous, or require a depth of context to make a point.
I want all three gears Bonk. First paragraph is 1st gear. After that it's 3rd gear to make absolutely sure we get what you are saying and then we wrap it up with 2nd gear with a nice personal anecdote. That should be the blueprint for a great BonkTastic post.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Last ten seasons, in the playoffs five times, missed it five times. Not fun for fans. Must find some consistency.

meh...that's life in a league where half the teams make the playoffs.

some teams have done better but that has resulted from being bottom of the barrel last decade and drafting and retaining hall of famers throughout their careers

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Yep... things are looking better though. Since 2015 we've been drafting better and more importantly, we've had more draft picks and early rounders. It'll take another year or two for that to bear fruit, and a few more years of good drafting (and some good pro moves obviously) for sustained success.

From 2015 and on, you have Chabot/White/Chlapik/Gagne/Jaros/Wolanin/Brown/Dahlen(sad face)/Lajoie/Nurmi/Bowers(used to get Duchene)/Formenton/Batherson. That's solid AF... Another good draft this year (top 5 pick probably assured) and next year and I believe we can go on another playoff run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad