Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
The dude also hands out NTC and NMC for trashy players like Girardi, Coburn, Callahan etc.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Some of you are acting like the Lightning have been playoff choke artists and haven't done anything. They just went to game 7 of the EC final and were in the Cup final a few years ago. They're built to be a contender for the next 4-5 years with Stamkos, Hedman and Kucherov in their prime.

Must he nice to be able to lock up your elite core players. I wish Dorion was as bad a manager as Yzerman.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Some of you are acting like the Lightning have been playoff choke artists and haven't done anything. They just went to game 7 of the EC final and were in the Cup final a few years ago. They're built to be a contender for the next 4-5 years with Stamkos, Hedman and Kucherov in their prime.

Must he nice to be able to lock up your elite core players. I wish Dorion was as bad a manager as Yzerman.

lol no one said he was a bad manager, just not the god that he is.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
whats the latest???
It's an album by Cheap Trick, but that's not important right now.

The_Latest.jpg

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

No one said he was bad.

I think all gms are bad. He’s definitely one of the best.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The dude also hands out NTC and NMC for trashy players like Girardi, Coburn, Callahan etc.

Yeah that, combined with Tampa's status as a desirable location because of nice weather, no state income tax, etc... makes his signing history not all that impressive.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Why cant Tampa make the trade now and then work out an extension after it Karlsson verbally agrees to resign

They only have to clear about 3.5 right but is Ottawa not planning on taking back any money

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Why cant Tampa make the trade now and then work out an extension after it Karlsson verbally agrees to resign

They only have to clear about 3.5 right but is Ottawa not planning on taking back any money
Maybe we want more,and TB is stalling ???Who knows..

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008

If I was a betting man, I'd say that just about any player with contract dollars that Ottawa would be ok taking has a NTC / NMC and won't Waive for Ottawa (who would?), so they need to find a 3rd team to absorb a contract for Tampa.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If I was a betting man, I'd say that just about any player with contract dollars that Ottawa would be ok taking has a NTC / NMC and won't Waive for Ottawa (who would?), so they need to find a 3rd team to absorb a contract for Tampa.
Yep and add something of value other than Serg on top...Tough sledding for sure

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Yzerman is has not proved he is a great GM.
He has not won a cup.
His scouting staff helped him build a solid team.
Half his team has a NTC or NMC.

Go back over his trade history and with the exception of 2 good ones, the rest have been average or bad.

1. Your opinion, not fact
2. That doesn’t mean he isn’t good
3. You could say that about any GM, that’s the job of a scouting staff. You don’t think Ottawa’s scouts helped Murray draft Karlsson?
4. Good point, and he deserves some criticism for that

I’m not saying he’s a genius or anything, but I think overall he’s done a good job there.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
I mean, the thing about going through cycles of winning cups and then being bad is that the 'being bad' period doesn't have to last very long if you scout well and trade well. As long as you handle the development of your young players properly, the 'being bad' part of the cycle could last for only 3 to 4 years, while you get a goof 6 or 7 years of contending with a very strong core. On top of that, if some players in your core are young when the 'being bad' part of the cycle begins, you can end up with an even shorter period of losing before you start winning again, since they can hit their prime right as the pieces start coming together. Just have to make sure than your contracts are well thought out.

So, you know, not a situation we have here. Our development of players has been pretty good, but the trades have generally not worked out in our favour, and let's not start talking about the contracts. Man, writing all that out made me sad that the Sens aren't like that :(

Great. Tell them to stop calling, the new owners are keeping EK.

... please, just... let me dream.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Yzerman also doesn’t have to work for Melnyk though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad