Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2019-20 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Boro is having his best season. He might get us a 3rd. But most likely, it's a 4th/5th/6th as is the usual market for bottom pair guys. A 2nd is highly ambitious. I guess it could maybe happen if physicality is in vogue after the Blues cup win. I don't mind us re-signing Boro to be a 6th-7th defender/good locker room guy. There will come a point in the rebuild where if it is successful, he will be played off the team. I don't think we're there yet.

Obviously, I say that with the idea that he'd get a late pick, if someone gives us a 2nd we should not re-sign him....give him the chance to come back July 1st if he wishes.

Reactions: Sen sational

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
What time is the deadline for today? Seems like Honka will be moved before JP since JP seems committed to staying overseas.

Before this week Puljujarvi hadn't actually said he'll be staying in Finland for the whole season, it was a false headline by media that spread around. But this week he did say more strongly about that. On the other hand a local reporter with good connections to the team just wrote that Puljujarvi keeps the door open to a possible trade.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You seem to be changing your tune about the coaching staff. :)

THE QUESTION Dorion needs to answer is: "Melnyk: What do you need to do to get this team into the playoffs to increase my revenues this year?"
Yea, I didn't like it that they were from the stinking Leafs but it's hard to argue with the way they have the team playing & he seems to like a tough team which is what I have always wanted here. It's a tough position to want them to fail to get one of the top two draft eligible players while at the same time, it's nice to see them playing hard & getting rewarded occasionally.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Interesting scenario here with Benning just drawing back in the lineup and we've been reportedly looking for a Dman. I think it makes sense given we could send back Brannstrom to Belleville for some much needed help and give Brannstrom top PP duty there and really let him get some confidence offensively.

Could see a forward going the other way here. Maybe a pick and Benning for Tierney.

I'd do something like

Tierney and Boedker

For

Gagner, 2nd and Benning

Or something with Stecher could make sense as well although not for Tierney. Nucks don't need Tierney.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
TECHNICALLY, Puljujarvi can still be traded this year.
He just can't play in the NHL this season.
Which means it could still make sense for the Senators and by no means closes the door. No reason they need him in the lineup for a tank season, and with Edmonton likely headed to the playoffs, we could have just the right guys to get it done.

Reactions: DrEasy and NB613

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Which means it could still make sense for the Senators and by no means closes the door. No reason they need him in the lineup for a tank season, and with Edmonton likely headed to the playoffs, we could have just the right guys to get it done.

I dunno. If there was a trade to be made involving Puljujarvi it would have been made in time for him to play this season. Any trade involving him is likely on the back burner. Let him play out the season, make sure he doesn't sustain a serious injury.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
we need to clear up a spot or two on our nhl team (batherson and balcers)

should do a simple deal
ennis to edmonton for 2020 4th round pick

or

ennis+2020 6th round pick(either one) for edmontons 2021 3rd round pick

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I dunno. If there was a trade to be made involving Puljujarvi it would have been made in time for him to play this season. Any trade involving him is likely on the back burner. Let him play out the season, make sure he doesn't sustain a serious injury.
Likely takes most teams out of the picture other than non playoff tankers like Ottawa. I think it certainly takes the pressure off needing to get it done and Edmonton may wait just to have more interested parties, but its a piece Edmonton can use to add at the deadline if they can find a dance partner. Personally, I dont see the need for Ottawa to have him suit up for this year and would be happy to exchange a Tierney+ or open to more.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Likely takes most teams out of the picture other than non playoff tankers like Ottawa. I think it certainly takes the pressure off needing to get it done and Edmonton may wait just to have more interested parties, but its a piece Edmonton can use to add at the deadline if they can find a dance partner. Personally, I dont see the need for Ottawa to have him suit up for this year and would be happy to exchange a Tierney+ or open to more.

Tierney is a legit NHL centremen. Pool party is a what? What is he? A guy that can play in the NHL? At what level? A guy that cannot play at the nhl level? Until thru his own play pool party demonstrates that he's either going to be an NHLer or that he is going to Yakopov his career, there isn't really a market for him

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
guys listen up... I think I just solved hockey...... who flips Tierney or pageau for galchenyuk... potential buy low. we get a center... im biased, top form galchenyuk is one of my favorite players of the past decade

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Hopefully PD is scouting the Oilers - so many possibilities to build up the Oilers.

Habs need to do something. Peohling or Caufield would fit nicely into our Team USA North dressing room.

CT + a late 2nd for Phoeling ?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
guys listen up... I think I just solved hockey...... who flips Tierney or pageau for galchenyuk... potential buy low. we get a center... im biased, top form galchenyuk is one of my favorite players of the past decade

Eh, is he going to be willing to re-sign here? I don't think playing here for the rest of the season moves the needle in terms of his desire to sign with us. Just send him an offer in the offseason and hope he bites. Send Pageau or Tierney for assets that we retain control of for more than the rest of a tank year.

Skid

Sep 26, 2005
Canada
You know that a decade has 10 years right?

Reactions: Boud

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Hopefully PD is scouting the Oilers - so many possibilities to build up the Oilers.

Habs need to do something. Peohling or Caufield would fit nicely into our Team USA North dressing room.

CT + a late 2nd for Phoeling ?
CT is not returning a good prospect and a 2nd lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad