Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Hard to properly evaluate a goalie in Edmonton. Talbot was pretty damn good with the Rangers and had a solid year 1 with Edmonton.

I'd be more than fine with us trying him out if we can send Anderson the other way.

Reactions: NB613 and Crosside

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I hope we don't go near Edmonton. I'm more excited about some of our recent late round picks than I am about Puljujarvi. Spooner just takes a roster spot from a young player. I think I'd rather pick up Rattie than either of them, and I don't want him either.

I don't know I think Puljujarvi would be a decent gamble. Was the 4th OVR pick just 3YRs ago. Kid is the same age as Brown. Could end up paying off big ala Turris, but could also bust fully like Filatov.

I'd peg his value around a late 1st/early 2nd at this stage, which would be about what I'm expecting Dzingel to return. We'd definitely need to be compensated additionally (think 2nd/3rd or equivalent-value prospect) for taking on Spooner's deal, but that's absolutely the kind of trade we should be looking to make if the team is going to be going full rebuild. Spooner could rebound next season in a UFA role and net us a pick as a rental as well.

Something like Dzingel for Puljujarvi, Spooner, 2nd/3rd would be a good deal for both teams if Dzingel is opening to re-signing with the Oilers.

Reactions: NB613

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I doubt the Oilers would want Anderson after doing that contract extension. Not without us taking back serious salary anyway. That would be over 9 million in 2 goalies. However with Chia you never know.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I doubt the Oilers would want Anderson after doing that contract extension. Not without us taking back serious salary anyway. That would be over 9 million in 2 goalies. However with Chia you never know.

Yep, the Anderson to EDM ship sailed the moment they extended Koskinen. (If that ship ever even existed)

Reactions: NB613 and Deku

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
The most feasible trade partners are definitely Philly and Edmonton. Hopefully we can unload dzingel and ceci for some nice futures.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
As much as I’m wary of reclamation projects, there are quite a few interesting ones we could target, and for relatively cheap. Could expedite a rebuild (again, also wary).

Dzingel for Ryan Murray in Columbus.

Smith, Boedker (2M retained), Boro (?) for Ryan Spooner, Tobias Reider/ZachKassian, Brandon Manning (?), Poolparty.

Anderson, Tierney for Mike Smith and Sam Bennett

Ceci, Ryan (2.5M retained) DeMelo for Nolan Patrick, Phillipe Myers, Jori Lehtera

I really do think we should consider trading DeMeli as he’s likely to be exposed in the expansion draft anyways

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Sens should be all over Talbot. Trade for himand extend both him and Nilsson on 1 year “show me” deals. I imagine Talbot will bounce back. Nilsson is what he is. Move Anderson at the deadline and find a way to get out from under Condon’s contract. Maybe to Edmonton as well for Spooner because they need a backup for Kostkinen, and we love our locals!

Reactions: Crosside and NB613

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Sens should be all over Talbot. Trade for himand extend both him and Nilsson on 1 year “show me” deals. I imagine Talbot will bounce back. Nilsson is what he is. Move Anderson at the deadline and find a way to get out from under Condon’s contract. Maybe to Edmonton as well for Spooner because they need a backup for Kostkinen, and we love our locals!

I don’t think Talbot is starting goalie material whatsoever. That’s all.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Falk wont get claimed but Harpur probably would. Ideally we trade Harpur for a midround pick
Trade a yiung d man that is playing in the nhl for a mid round pick that has what...a 10% chances of turning into a Harpur. No thanks.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Trade a yiung d man that is playing in the nhl for a mid round pick that has what...a 10% chances of turning into a Harpur. No thanks.
Against the grain JD1.

If you can retain any assets for Harpur you take them. He is not very good and this team has younger and better d men coming. Sure he plays in the NHL on the worst d core in the league. Doesnt make him an every day NHLer.

I think trading with Edmonton if possible at this moment is an absolute must. Especially if the sens know they arent retaining Stone or Duchene. Take back a bad contract to reach the cap floor while bringing in futures.

If there is a deal that can be made around Ceci and Puljujarvi they should do it. He is only 20 years old and is a big body it takes these players longer to adjust than small guys. The Oilers are terrible at player development he has incredibe raw physical tools just needs to be brought along properly.

Demelo and Tierney are both young(ish), solid players on good contracts. Doesnt make sense to deal them.

Anderson, Ceci, Dzingel

For

Puljujarvi, 1st 2019, Spooner, Talbot, Sekera

This is a deal i would do as the sens.

Last edited:

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Anderson, Ceci, Dzingel

For

Puljujarvi, 1st 2019, Spooner, Talbot, Sekera

This is a deal i would do as the sens.

I'd do that.

How about this?
upload_2019-1-22_8-46-4.png

Lose out on Puljujarvi but we can still use Andy and Ceci to get us other assets from Philly or someone else. Think we would take on $$ for the rest of this year? Or no way in hell?

EDIT: No idea how Ceci go in there. Didn't mean to add him. Switch him with Condon.

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If we do a deal with EDM, I think it'll be....

-Spooner (cap dump)
-Talbot (retained salary)
-2019 1st (protected in some fashion)

For

-Dzingel
-Condon (LTIR)

Maybe other assets in there like another pick on either side or an AHL player, but I think that would be the bulk of it.

Then we'd make a deal with PHI.

Either Anderson for Weise and PHI 3rd. Or Anderson+Ceci for Myers+PHI 3rd.

Might not be Myers, maybe we get a lesser young defender.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
:edmonton

Dzingel
Ceci
Condon
Hogberg

:sens

2019 1st (Top-10 protected)
Puuljarvi
Talbot
Sekera

Risky trade for the Oilers but could pay off for both teams. Extend Dzingel and Ceci and they have a Top-6 forward and a #4 D-man, both young. Plus they get a bit of goaltending depth as Talbot needs a change of scenery anyway. What helps them a lot is their cap situation gets fixed for this year and probably next as well.

The Sens best piece is a 1st round pick but it's top-10 protected this year though. They also get a high draft pick reclamation project and a reclamation project goalie but who was great all his career prior to last season. Sekera could be an useful stop gap but it remains to be seen at this point. Could end up being another LTIR casualty which is how Melnyk likes them.

What do you think?

The trade Anderson to the Flyers?

I'd have Smith, Tierney and Boedker on the block too if a good deal comes along.

I don’t think Talbot is starting goalie material whatsoever. That’s all.

2nd highest SV % among goalies who played over 100 games (Talbot played in 186 Games) between 2013-14 and 2016-17 with 0.922. Carey Price was first with 0.928 (Price in 199 Games)

NHL.com - Stats

Last year, IIRC he started great but he plays in Edmonton, maybe the only team that had it worse for 10 years than the Sens in 2018. He finished the year with 0.908 which is close to league average. I think what happened is his confidence got shattered, a change of scenery could do him wonders. I love Andy but I think it'd be a good time to move on, he's going to be 38 y/o at the end of this season. I would absolutely go with a Talbot/Nilsson duo next year.

Last edited:

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Wonder if there is a chance that Pitt is looking at Tierney for the 3C slot, low in cap hit and salary. More prototypical 3C than Brassard.

Maybe a 3 way trade where they trade Brassard to another team, and forward some of the assets to Ottawa in exchange for Tierney.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad