Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I dunno but I feel like Stone can allow Pulji to ignite his potential again

Question, would you rather trade Dzingel for a 1st on a contender or trade him straight up for Pulji

EDM 1st>Puljujarvi
Puljujarvi>Contenders 1st

Edmonton's 1st would be a juicy pickup. They are out of the playoffs.

So either we get a non-playoff pick in 2019, or if Edmonton exercises some form of protection we get an unprotected 2020 pick.

I can't believe they are supposedly willing to move their 1st over Puljujarvi. In their shoes, I would want to keep the 1st and move Puljujarvi.

I'd take Puljujarvi over a late 1st. I don't follow the draft intently so I can only speak in generalizations, but I'd rather have Puljujarvi over the average 25th-30th overall type prospect.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
EDM 1st>Puljujarvi
Puljujarvi>Contenders 1st

Edmonton's 1st would be a juicy pickup. They are out of the playoffs.

So either we get a non-playoff pick in 2019, or if Edmonton exercises some form of protection we get an unprotected 2020 pick.

I can't believe they are supposedly willing to move their 1st over Puljujarvi. In their shoes, I would want to keep the 1st and move Puljujarvi.

I'd take Puljujarvi over a late 1st. I don't follow the draft intently so I can only speak in generalizations, but I'd rather have Puljujarvi over the average 25th-30th overall type prospect.
cause they wan't to make the playoffs and they feel Poolparty is going to breakout.

That doesn't mean they won't deal him though

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I dunno but I feel like Stone can allow Pulji to ignite his potential again

Question, would you rather trade Dzingel for a 1st on a contender or trade him straight up for Pulji

Where does the Contender pick in the draft. For example lets say outside the top 10 in the 2019 Draft;

Picks I would like over Puljujarvi are; Based on CSS mid term rankings of both NA and International skaters some what combined.. if you takethe top 3 international skaters and put them in the top 10 overall.

Krebs
Suzuki
Lavoie
Newhook
Soderstrom

So I would say it depends on the pick

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Sure if we send Condon back the other way

I would 1000% trade Spooner for Condon.

Considering the Rangers are already picking up almost $1mil of Spooner's paycheque next year, and considering Condon's escalating salary structure, they make the same salary next year.

Spooner isn't worth his salary, but Condon is literally worthless. Easy peasy.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I would 1000% trade Spooner for Condon.

Considering the Rangers are already picking up almost $1mil of Spooner's paycheque next year, and considering Condon's escalating salary structure, they make the same salary next year.

Spooner isn't worth his salary, but Condon is literally worthless. Easy peasy.

I'm not sure anyone hates Condon more than me on these boards, so I'd make that deal so quick.

That being said, if Condon is gonna be LTIR'ed for the remainder of his deal it doesn't make financial sense to move him. I have no idea if he's hurt to that extent, but the fact we've heard nothing this year doesn't give me much hope he'll be back.

Regardless, we need to go cheap in nets next season. Half decent goalies are a dime a dozen, we can't keep sinking multiple million into our backups. I'm assuming we won't now that we have an actual goaltending pipeline being built up, but it's a killer for a budget team.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I'm not sure anyone hates Condon more than me on these boards, so I'd make that deal so quick.

That being said, if Condon is gonna be LTIR'ed for the remainder of his deal it doesn't make financial sense to move him. I have no idea if he's hurt to that extent, but the fact we've heard nothing this year doesn't give me much hope he'll be back.

Regardless, we need to go cheap in nets next season. Half decent goalies are a dime a dozen, we can't keep sinking multiple million into our backups. I'm assuming we won't now that we have an actual goaltending pipeline being built up, but it's a killer for a budget team.

Not every LTIR player is insured.

"Each team pays a premium based on the salaries of its five highest-paid players, but is free to allocate that coverage how it wishes. Typically, a team will extend coverage to as many as seven players, Daly said. Coverage kicks in when a player misses at least 30 games."
(How does the NHL handle injury insurance?)

Given that Condon was not one of our higher paid players, and the risk of injury for a backup goalie isn't all that high compared to a skater, I'd be surprised if we allocated any insurance to Condon.

Reactions: stempniaksen

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Roster moves = trade incoming?

He was activated off of IR, and we have a healthy d-core so we don't need him. Thus he was placed on waivers. It's likely not related to a roster move, but if we don't need another AHL defender, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Sens sneak him into an unrelated trade because he makes almost 200k in the minors.

Reactions: senswon

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Not every LTIR player is insured.

"Each team pays a premium based on the salaries of its five highest-paid players, but is free to allocate that coverage how it wishes. Typically, a team will extend coverage to as many as seven players, Daly said. Coverage kicks in when a player misses at least 30 games."
(How does the NHL handle injury insurance?)

Given that Condon was not one of our higher paid players, and the risk of injury for a backup goalie isn't all that high compared to a skater, I'd be surprised if we allocated any insurance to Condon.

latest

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
He was activated off of IR, and we have a healthy d-core so we don't need him. Thus he was placed on waivers. It's likely not related to a roster move, but if we don't need another AHL defender, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Sens sneak him into an unrelated trade because he makes almost 200k in the minors.

Can't teams carry more players after the deadline?

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Can't teams carry more players after the deadline?

They need to still be cap compliant. The salary cap is not eliminated until the playoffs. There's no way of getting around it, if Sekera is cleared, they need to shed cap. They can buy time with an AHL conditioning stint, but they will eventually by early February have to clear cap.

(Not related to the Oilers situation, but there was a unique situation taking advantage of this a few years ago where Chicago had Patrick Kane on LTIR due to an injury, and because he was injured until the playoffs they were able to add more than they otherwise would have at the deadline. You can read more about it here: https://thehockeywriters.com/tape2tape-closing-the-patrick-kane-loophole/)

Reactions: senswon

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I actually didn't mind Falk. He was physical and defensively sound. Didn't have a lick of offensive potential though.

Reactions: DJB

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Roster moves = trade incoming?

I'm thinking it has more to do with Wolanin establishing himself at the NHL level.

Falk was always going to be a band-aid for our massive injury troubles last month. Now we're getting healthy again. He did good at what he was asked to do.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'm thinking it has more to do with Wolanin establishing himself at the NHL level.

Falk was always going to be a band-aid for our massive injury troubles last month. Now we're getting healthy again. He did good at what he was asked to do.
And it gave other teams a chance to have a look ,so maybe he gets picked up... Win/win IMHO

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I hope we don't go near Edmonton. I'm more excited about some of our recent late round picks than I am about Puljujarvi. Spooner just takes a roster spot from a young player. I think I'd rather pick up Rattie than either of them, and I don't want him either.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I hope we don't go near Edmonton. I'm more excited about some of our recent late round picks than I am about Puljujarvi. Spooner just takes a roster spot from a young player. I think I'd rather pick up Rattie than either of them, and I don't want him either.

Stay away from all of their crap, don't know why anyone is even considering that there's anything worth trading for there.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Good news for the Oilers if true

If we trade Anderson I wouldnt be against adding Talbot and having him compete with Nilsson... it would give us more leverage in terms of negotiating a short term contract if we have two UFAs, especially if Talbot plays well

Reactions: NB613 and Crosside
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad