Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposal Thread: Who Wouldn't Want Ham On it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I donno how people think we can get away with trading Eberle. That leaves us with one legitimate top 6 winger in Hall

The rest of them... Pouliot, Purcell, Yakupov... they need to be carried in order to get anything done. Eberle's had a slow start, but he's been one of the most consistent goal scorers and point producers in the league for 1/2 a decade.

Chiarelli needs to find a way to address the defense without losing one of our consistent point producers.

Time for him to do his job.

I've been one to call for an Eberle trade in the past, but from what I'm seeing this year, I'm changing my tune. It's my belief the team's lack of finish is their biggest problem, followed by not getting the big save. Their D is getting too much blame.

I'd be leery of trading Ebs.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I want no part of trading Eberle. He is far more vital to this team than many suggest.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Count me in for keeping Ebs. He grew up an oilers fan, he's young and has game breaking talent. I really want to see him with McDavid.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Eberle straight up for Hamonic???
Im sure if the Oil are trading Eberle, theyre getting a lot better Dman than Hamonic.
In todays NHL, you dont find too many 25-30 goal scoreres. Petry was traded for a 3rd round pick and Hamonics going for one of the top,young, nhl goal scorers?
Doesn't make sense to me.

When did this happen? I could of sworn he was traded him for a 2nd round pick and a conditional 5th round pick that could of risen to the 3rd round based on how Montreal did in the playoffs (actually ended being a 4th I think we took Caleb Jones with that pick).

I don't think we could land a better D-man than Hamonic in exchange for Eberle and I believe that Hamonic will contribute more to making us a winning team then will Eberle. Scoring RW's are probably the thing in greatest abundance when UFA season rolls around, not saying Eberle calibre one's are likely to present themselves, but that is still an easier hole to fill.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Count me in for keeping Ebs. He grew up an oilers fan, he's young and has game breaking talent. I really want to see him with McDavid.

And this is why I'd rather move RNH. It just makes to much sense to keep the guy who consistently makes everyone around him better. Honestly I think we could play Eb's with Hendricks and Letestu and he would still put up 50-60 points while the other two score 30 points. I dunno if the same could be said if we put RNH with Hendricks and Klinkhammer though.

Nugey McNugeson

Nov 24, 2014
Edmonton
And this is why I'd rather move RNH. It just makes to much sense to keep the guy who consistently makes everyone around him better. Honestly I think we could play Eb's with Hendricks and Letestu and he would still put up 50-60 points while the other two score 30 points. I dunno if the same could be said if we put RNH with Hendricks and Klinkhammer though.

And thats why you don't trade nuge...

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
btw, my Jim Benning comment in the last thread was meant as a direct response to the rhetorical question "to see if there are any suckers out there."

I could totally see him trading Tanev + Virtanen for Hamonic + Grabovski.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Can't we just trade Snow a 7th round pick and tell him he can use it to draft a Mongolian-born player so he can get another nice PR boost from yet again drafting an obscure player?

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Maybe I'm wrong, but the defence looked pretty good the past week or so....add in Schultz for Gryba......no huge rush to offload our offensive players yet and fall for Snows demands....I think you got to wait till McDavid gets back and see what you got...unless u get Hamonic for a reasonable price without losing high end players

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Trade none of them.

I'd love to dig through all the old draft threads and see how many people posted things along the lines of "lets keep stockpiling these elite skilled forwards. We can trade them for defense at a later date if needed." Guess what folks? It's needed. Time to make good on that premise, seeing as this team is going absolutely nowhere trying to outskill teams.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'd love to dig through all the old draft threads and see how many people posted things along the lines of "lets keep stockpiling these elite skilled forwards. We can trade them for defense at a later date if needed." Guess what folks? It's needed. Time to make good on that premise, seeing as this team is going absolutely nowhere trying to outskill teams.

The problem is this:

The expendable "skilled forward" - namely Yakupov - isn't tremendously elite and his value probably doesn't equal Hamonic's.

The next tier up - namely Eberle and RNH - are more vital to the club and it's arguable if trading one of them for Hamonic makes the team better.

The untouchables - Hall, Draisaitl, McDavid - they are worth a lot more than Hamonic so any deal there is a no-go.

The Oilers could have REALLY used another forward prospect turning out. It would have been useful if Gagner had been able to become a consistent 50-55 point C as that would have been the ideal trade bait for Hamonic. :rant:

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

Oh but come on. This team is "looking better" while being dead last in the league. WHy make changes?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
The problem is this:

The expendable "skilled forward" - namely Yakupov - isn't tremendously elite and his value probably doesn't equal Hamonic's.

The next tier up - namely Eberle and RNH - are more vital to the club and it's arguable if trading one of them for Hamonic makes the team better.

The untouchables - Hall, Draisaitl, McDavid - they are worth a lot more than Hamonic so any deal there is a no-go.

The Oilers could have REALLY used another forward prospect turning out. It would have been useful if Gagner had been able to become a consistent 50-55 point C as that would have been the ideal trade bait for Hamonic. :rant:

The Islanders would have no use for a 50 point Sam Gagner. They want a good young Dman in return or else a goal scorer to partner with Tavares.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
The problem is this:

I guess I should have made my point slightly clearer there. I am by no means advocating a trade for Hamonic, especially centered around Eberle. Really feel like Hamonic is getting grossly overrated on here just because he wants to get traded out west(and is likely trying to use us as leverage to get himself to Winnipeg). It's more of a general comment on all the posts along the lines of we can't trade Eberle or RNH or whoever. As much as they are good players, for some of them this is their 5th or 6th year in the league, and we're still sitting here in last place. The mix just isn't working. Time to shake things up.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Islanders would have no use for a 50 point Sam Gagner. They want a good young Dman in return or else a goal scorer to partner with Tavares.

Eh, if Gagner was a solid 50 point C with an NHL-level two-way game, I'm pretty sure the Isles bite on a package of, say Gagner + Schultz.

You'd probably be able to extract something else out of them too.

Maybe something like Hamonic + Martin or Lee.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
I want no part of trading Eberle. He is far more vital to this team than many suggest.

While I do agree that you dont find players very often with Eberle's skill level, something has to give.

Offense is not the problem right now (Save that washington game), our defense is. If it means slightly overpaying and giving up offense (Offense that can be replaced by Mcdavid when hes back), then so be it imo.

Plus Ebs is the most expendable out of our young assets. No way id trade anybody out of Hall,Nuge,Nurse,Klefa over Ebs.

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
To me the only..............???

To me the only equivalent trade would be Justin Schultz. He seems to meet all of the criteria that Snow wants.........a defensemen, about the same age and around the same salary. Remember, Schultz was a highly sought after free agent.

Perhaps, they are waiting until he gets back from the injury list and see him play a few games.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
To me the only equivalent trade would be Justin Schultz. He seems to meet all of the criteria that Snow wants.........a defensemen, about the same age and around the same salary. Remember, Schultz was a highly sought after free agent.

Perhaps, they are waiting until he gets back from the injury list and see him play a few games.

Schultz value has plummeted since then. Nothing like a couple of seasons in the NHL to expose a player.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

The question is, if Schultz plays a few games and looks really good, scoring some points and continuing from what he looked like before getting injured, do we trade him for Hamonic while his value is high (with us still adding of course) or do we keep our emerging PMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad