Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposal Thread: Who Wouldn't Want Ham On it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilz89*

The three way trade proposals make absolutely no sense, because the Oil would just be better off taking the player who is going to the Isles.

Thats why I think if we do trade with the Isles it would be
Eberle to Isles

Hamonic to Oil

Then Isles trade Okposo for a dman to replace Hamonic

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
lol sorry i thought you'd note the sarcasm bro. Yes Friedman and Mckenzie are at the top. But man... Shannon is not one of the best insiders

Other than Freidman McKenzie and Lebrun name some one who actually breaks more news than Shannon

oilz89*

Other than Freidman McKenzie and Lebrun name some one who actually breaks more news than Shannon

Dreger, at times, Eklund:)sarcasm:), speedyturtle. I really don't think Shannon is a good insider. He just looks dumb to me :laugh:

oilz89*

The guy worked in the NHL offices. Far from dumb.

I Said he looks dumb hahah. But man come one tell me one thing he's broken before. I usually see him saying stuff that was said before by Friedman or Mckenzie or Lebrun

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Dreger was the one who broke the Eakins firing among other things. Never get why people say he's unreliable.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I donno how people think we can get away with trading Eberle. That leaves us with one legitimate top 6 winger in Hall

The rest of them... Pouliot, Purcell, Yakupov... they need to be carried in order to get anything done. Eberle's had a slow start, but he's been one of the most consistent goal scorers and point producers in the league for 1/2 a decade.

Chiarelli needs to find a way to address the defense without losing one of our consistent point producers.

Time for him to do his job.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I don't really like Hamonic for Eberle either.

It's creating a hole to fill a hole. In the end you still have a hole.

I'm also not convinced that the hole made by the departing Eberle isn't bigger than the hole Hamonic fills.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site

I'm also not convinced that the hole made by the departing Eberle isn't bigger than the hole Hamonic fills.

Not sure if this is old news, but its kind of funny that Eberle and Hamonic were both draft picks we got for Pronger to Anaheim.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I don't think anyone likes the thought of moving Eberle.. Hamonic is considered a #2 defenseman at the age of 25 on one of the best contracts in the league. When guys like that become available, you have to make hard decisions.

Gambl0r83*

I believe the source on throwing Carolina into the mix came from Eklund. So you may be waiting a while for anything credible on that front. Just speculating, but is there any way they would part with Faulk or Hanifin? I doubt it, but those seem like the only two players the Islanders would be interested in. Maybe if they got RNH and traded soon to be UFA Eric Staal for a few prospects on defense it would make sense.

To CAR: RNH

To NYI: Hanifin

To Edm: Hamonic plus middle 6 center to replace RNH.

Picks/prospects added. Makes more sense for Edmonton to wait until McDavid is back though.

Eww
Travis Hamonic is getting seriously overrated, especially by oil fans who so desperately want that #1 d-man that'll save the day and guide us to the playoffs

Pfffft, please, after 5 games he'd become another whipping boy for this board

Leave RNH where he is, a 22 year old excellent two centerman is too good of a thing to let go for a top 4 d-man with personal issues

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta

It's definitely easier to add a winger than a forward via free agency. While we lucked out and landed Sekera this year in an uncharacteristically decent year for defencemen, look at the guys I'd deem top 4 worthy who are currently slated to be available:

Brian Campbell
Dustin Byfuglien
Alex Goligoski
Dan Hamhuis
Braydon Coburn
Keith Yandle

That's not a pretty list and some of those guys will likely re-up with their current teams. On the other hand, the following top 6 wingers are currently slated to be free agents:

David Backes
Shane Doan
Loui Eriksson
Andrew Ladd
Kyle Okposo
David Perron
Jiri Hudler
Troy Brouwer
Milan Lucic
Jaromir Jagr
Radim Vrbata
Alex Tanguay

That's twice as many players. Again, who knows how many will hit the market but I'd be fine moving a forward to address our needs at defence. Heck, with RNH and McDavid long-term, Draisaitl could easily move to the wing if needed.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
I don't think anyone likes the thought of moving Eberle.. Hamonic is considered a #2 defenseman at the age of 25 on one of the best contracts in the league. When guys like that become available, you have to make hard decisions.

I've read more than a few comments by Isles fans saying that Hamonic is the third best D-man on their extremely mediocre club. And people want to give up our current #1 centre or our #1 right winger (the guy who has led this club in scoring in like 4 of the last 5 seasons) to get him. Absolute madness.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

couldn't agree more... trading eberle for hamonic is beyond stupid... hamonic is barely a top-pairing guy.... he's really a bad #2 or a good #3, similar to sekera (although their playing style is obviously nothing alike).... if chia was dumb enough to offer eberle, this trade would have taken about 10 seconds, or however long it would take snow to say yes and get the paperwork filed with the NHL

whenever the hamonic trade happens, we call all look back at the eberle proposals and laugh.... snow won't get a return *approaching* the value of an "eberle player".... no GM is that stupid to give up such a player for a guy who is demanding a trade

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
Thats why I think if we do trade with the Isles it would be
Eberle to Isles

Hamonic to Oil

Then Isles trade Okposo for a dman to replace Hamonic

Eberle straight up for Hamonic???
Im sure if the Oil are trading Eberle, theyre getting a lot better Dman than Hamonic.
In todays NHL, you dont find too many 25-30 goal scoreres. Petry was traded for a 3rd round pick and Hamonics going for one of the top,young, nhl goal scorers?
Doesn't make sense to me.

Wish You Were Here

Mar 14, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I don't think anyone was suggesting Eberle for Hamonic straight up.
I agree it would be an over-payment.
Regardless, the Islanders want a similar skill level defense-man in return.
So if the Oilers want to get Hamonic, they'll have to get that D from another team to trade to NYI.
Hence the 3-way trade suggestions.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Eberle straight up for Hamonic???
Im sure if the Oil are trading Eberle, theyre getting a lot better Dman than Hamonic.
In todays NHL, you dont find too many 25-30 goal scoreres. Petry was traded for a 3rd round pick and Hamonics going for one of the top,young, nhl goal scorers?
Doesn't make sense to me.

Did you forget that Petry was a UFA rental, whereas Hamonic is signed for 4 more years at 3.75 cap hit? That would be why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad