Speculation: Trade Rumors Part X : Fowlers and Lindholms and Vatanens, Oh My

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 35m35 minutes ago
Scouts from Winnipeg, Nashville, Montreal, Anaheim (2), Florida, Ottawa, Los Angeles in Nationwide Arena for #CBJ - #Sabres

We've got two scouts at this game.... Hartnell? Jenner? Godsend Girgensons?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Scouts from Winnipeg, Nashville, Montreal, Anaheim (2), Florida, Ottawa, Los Angeles in Nationwide Arena for #CBJ - #Sabres

We wouldn't be able to get Girgensons without giving up the farm, at least Sabre fans would tell us :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I can see us scouting Hartnell. I don't like his cap hit, but he would fit great with us.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA

Just watching Wild Bill and wondering....what could have been?

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
We wouldn't be able to get Girgensons without giving up the farm, at least Sabre fans would tell us :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I can see us scouting Hartnell. I don't like his cap hit, but he would fit great with us.
I feel like Hartnell would do well here. I don't know how BM would maneuver around his contract though....

Just watching Wild Bill and wondering....what could have been?
I wish. Probably attainable as he is playing 3rd/4th line minutes for them.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
My top target would be Boone Jenner but I don't know what it would take. They'd probably want Fowler.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Atkinson would seem to be their most available useful part, but I wonder if his size scares Bob away. Buffalo doesn't make sense as a trade partner.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Doan, Purcell, and Vrbata are all rental guys I could see being a great fit for the Perron - Getzlaf line. I'm not sure Doan would be moved, but the other to should be of some interest to BM if the price is right (3rd round pick).

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Doan, Purcell, and Vrbata are all rental guys I could see being a great fit for the Perron - Getzlaf line. I'm not sure Doan would be moved, but the other to should be of some interest to BM if the price is right (3rd round pick).

I would throw a 3rd and a C level prospect at Vrbata. He's been awful so maybe he can be had for cheap.

Oct 18, 2011

we play buffalo next week, this means nothing

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
we play buffalo next week, this means nothing

It might be more than nothing. I could definitely see BM having interest in McGinn if Friedman was right about us being interested in Weise. Similar players with likely similar prices. Not to mention all the other guys that could be available between those two teams (Atkinson/Hartnell/Legwand/Ennis).

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I could be off base here but I don't see Eric Staal being moved. The Hurricanes are not bad at all (2 points out of a playoff spot, and have some good young players - Lindholm, Faulk, Hanifin, Skinner) and will have one hell of a hard time getting to the cap floor if they don't re-sign Eric. No free agents want to play in Carolina and they don't have any big salary guys other than the Staal's. If they do move him, I'd be looking to off load Stoner on them (I'd say Bieksa too but that isn't happening)

Plus, they have Jordan Staal who is actually having a good season this year. I could see them wanting to keep the brothers happy by just paying their captain.

He'd be a great addition obviously

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I could be off base here but I don't see Eric Staal being moved. The Hurricanes are not bad at all (2 points out of a playoff spot, and have some good young players - Lindholm, Faulk, Hanifin, Skinner) and will have one hell of a hard time getting to the cap floor if they don't re-sign Eric. No free agents want to play in Carolina and they don't have any big salary guys other than the Staal's. If they do move him, I'd be looking to off load Stoner on them (I'd say Bieksa too but that isn't happening)

Plus, they have Jordan Staal who is actually having a good season this year. I could see them wanting to keep the brothers happy by just paying their captain.

He'd be a great addition obviously

His recent comments about not being crushed if he goes make me think they're going to trade him. Francis seems realistic in the sense that their time is down the road and getting some assets back for him will only further their cause. Also there's potential for a Doug Weight type situation.

Oct 18, 2011
even with our improved play and scoring murray has to be looking our setup and thinking one more top 6 forward could be a difference maker for the group. with our current setup, every line basically has atleast 1 3rd/4th liner on it.

i like that we now have a 4th line with some identity, garbutt-maroon combo can set a tone physically, thompson is not afraid to hit guys and his speed works with them

you know the hawks and kings will do something. if murray can do something without sacrificing any of our core guys+theo i hope he does it. trading vats/fowler now doesn't make sense to me, deal with that issue in the summer.

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
They are just terrible with Fowler and I am thinking it is because they want him a lot but think Ducks fans are idiots and will trade him for cheap if they can convince us he ain't that good.

Do you remember last year and how much they wanted for Meyers...then we see how their valuation was way off from what they received in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad