Trade Rumors and Proposals X: Any day now Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Lupul ain't worth wasting a 2nd round pick upgrade over Parenteau! Our last 5 2nd round picks are DLR, Lehkonen, Fucale, Thrower and Collberg. Why give away a potential longterm asset for somebody who's always injured and that at this point in his career won't bring more than what Parenteau brings now?
Way to prove his point :sarcasm: And Lupul can produce offense on his own unlike PAP. He'd be our second best winger without a doubt.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I've seen this on here already, but getting Lupul would be an interesting comparison to the Kings getting Gaborik last year. Both are complete band-aids, both represent an area of need for the teams looking to acquire them, and both can score goals.

I'd take Lupul if Parenteau was going the other way. Leafs fans love this guy, and healthy, he is good and he can score. I don't think it would take too much to get him simply because of the health concerns.

I feel like any player who is playing on a 'sinking-ship' team such as Toronto would be ecstatic to be moved to playoff team and have a chance to win the cup.

Lupul hasn't scored over 25goals since 2005-2006. Gaborik had scored 41goals two years prior to being traded. One averages 25g/82gp career, the other 35.
The only similarity is that they're both fragile.

Lupul is a bad target.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Not sure if it was already proposed.

What about something like Thomas, Bournival and a 2nd for Lupul.

Would you do this?

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Lupul hasn't scored over 25goals since 2005-2006. Gaborik had scored 41goals two years prior to being traded. One averages 25g/82gp career, the other 35.

Lupul is a bad target.
I hate how posters here turn into Captain Hindsight when a move works out well for a team, like it was the most obvious move ever. People last year were saying the exact same things about Gaborik, about how he was a band-aid and he was washed up compared to those 40 goal seasons.. The Kings traded Matt Frattin, a second, and a 3rd for him.. Not exactly selling the farm. The Kings weren't "true" cup contenders last year. Yes, they had won a cup recently but they had a substandard regular season and nobody was picking them to come out of the West.

We need to score goals, and we need a RW to do so. Nobody here wants to give anything of any value up, so obviously our options are limited. In terms of those limited options, I think we could do a lot worse than Lupul.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Would you do this?

No, he is injury prone and has a terrible contract. Even if the Leafs pick up 1 million of it I'd pass. We have PAP for another year, that's our Lupul

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Heck no. What is this new love for Lupul?

No love for Lupul, however If you don't give up much for him, it won't be a terrible pick up.

Maybe if Leafs also retain some his salary?

The only player that really interested me on the Leafs is JVR and I do not think he is available.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

Lupul is a bad target.

Lupul is a questionable acquisition with term left.

Gaborik was UFA

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Would you do this?

No thank you. Unless some salary is retained, it's a collection of "meh" pieces for an expensive and injury prone, though very talented/effective player when healthy. It's not worth the risk, imo, unless he comes with something like 25% retained. But in that case, I think they'd look for fewer, but more valuable pieces.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Lupul is a significantly better player than Lupul. I wouldn't overpay for him, but he's be a notable upgrade despite his injury history.

I'd argue that Lupul is an equivalent player to Lupul. :sarcasm: :naughty:

I know what you mean, obviously. Lupul is definitely an upgrade on PAP.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
adding Lupul without salary being retained AND pap or DD going the other way would be a terrible decision.

MB hasn't made many mistakes thus far, fingers crossed he's not about to start now.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
You sure? :sarcasm:
Haha. Typo, but he is right though with his original idea; Lupul is significantly better than PA Parenteau. He can score goals even strength and he's got a wicked shot. With the exception of a couple seasons early in his career, he's good for 20 goals or more when he plays more than 50 games (yes, I know this is rare)

I'm just saying. I'd take 2 more years of risk/reward with Lupul than 1 more year of the same risk and a lot less reward with Parenteau. Obviously he'd be going the other way in any swap.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Lupul has made an entire career out of scoring 4 goals in 1 playoff game.

Honestly, he hasn't done anything since then, but he keeps getting money.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Lupus situation with the Leaf is earily similar to Gomez with NYR.
He is useless. They want to get rid of him. They would be happy to receive a 7th pick for him.
Do no touch this guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad