Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXXV: Filling roster holes post Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
if they are dumping salary how can they take Schultz at 3.5M

I would do that ottawa trade without even thinking...might need to add more than just a pick.

Potter>Ranger seeing as Ranger has been out of the game for awhile.

I am just so anti Potter that my bias may be showing. You could be right for next season. I just remember Ranger from a few years ago playing top 4 minutes for Tampa and doing it well. And Marlie fans said he looked pretty good there last year, so I put him in over Potter.

Schultz for Ruutu saves them 1.25M, and we could always keep an extra million to get the deal done, if need be. Plus their D looks like it could use a hand, so I figured an actual NHLer would be of more interest than picks/prospects.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Taylor Hall ($6.000m) / Ryan N.-Hopkins ($3.775m) / Jordan Eberle ($6.000m)
Sam Gagner ($3.200m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($5.500m) / Nail Yakupov ($3.775m)
Magnus Paajarvi ($0.851m) / Boyd Gordon ($3.000m) / Ryan Jones ($1.500m)
Jesse Joensuu ($0.950m) /Marty Reasoner ($1.350m) / Mike Brown ($0.737m)
Ryan Smyth ($2.250m) / Anton Lander ($0.900m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Jeff Petry ($1.750m) / Ladislav Smid ($3.500m)
Justin Schultz ($3.775m) / Andrew Ference ($3.250m)
Nick Schultz ($3.500m) / Anton Belov ($1.525m)
Philip Larsen ($1.025m) /
GOALTENDERS
Devan Dubnyk ($3.500m)
Jason Labarbera ($1.000m)
OTHER
Buried: Ben Eager ($0.175m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (3.888% of upper limit)
Ales Hemsky ($2.500m—50.0%)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,287,167; BONUSES: $9,150,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,835,333

what about this if we sign Grabovski and Reasoner? need C depth BAD.

Can Reasoner still play?

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
COULD happen. MacT hasn't exactly been delivering on all these moves he had said he was trying to do. The chances of a move that will address holes at forward are low now. If you think adding another 5/6/7 defensemen to spur competition is worth hoping for and will make us better...

Mact, and many others, are finding out that these 'depth players' are not as easy to find as expected. smart teams lock them up. the Oilers, on the other hand, elected to keep Pouliot and trade Brodziuk.

the 3rd line is probably more important to a winning team than the 2nd line. I submit that quality 3rd liners are more difficult to find than 2nd liners (Euro danglers with little or no physicality are a dime a dozen).

no quality players coming in without trading quality assets!! accept it.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I am just so anti Potter that my bias may be showing. You could be right for next season. I just remember Ranger from a few years ago playing top 4 minutes for Tampa and doing it well. And Marlie fans said he looked pretty good there last year, so I put him in over Potter.

Schultz for Ruutu saves them 1.25M, and we could always keep an extra million to get the deal done, if need be.

I wonder if they do the unthinkable and move Skinner. There were lots of rumblings going into this off-season that was saying no one is safe. What exactly would that mean? I can't see either Staal being on the block and who would take Semin?

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
DEFENSEMEN
GOALTENDERS
Devan Dubnyk ($3.500m)
OTHER
------

Lol...I didn't even realize Reasoner still played hockey. Could we find someone other than a gen Xer.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Is this a fair Proposal:

Hartnell+Coburn for Hemsky(50%retain)+N.Schultz+pick+prospect

our D would look like

Petry-Smid
Schultz-Ference
Coburn-Belov
whoever

looks good to me....need Coburn on this team and our D is set.

Mentallydull

Jul 3, 2008
Oil Country
Mact, and many others, are finding out that these 'depth players' are not as easy to find as expected. smart teams lock them up. the Oilers, on the other hand, elected to keep Pouliot and trade Brodziuk.

the 3rd line is probably more important to a winning team than the 2nd line. I submit that quality 3rd liners are more difficult to find than 2nd liners (Euro danglers with little or no physicality are a dime a dozen).

no quality players coming in without trading quality assets!! accept it.

Wow... of all the examples you can come up with you're going to go back 4 years?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
talk that Jagr is going to NJ, I really don't know where they can put him on that roster though. They have a lot of guys. You'd also think for a team with so much financial problems that they'd stay away.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
I really don't even know what that means. He never really got into exactly who he was going to acquire. For some reason fans of stretched his words into we are doing a revamp like the Flyers did after that horrid 06-07 season.
Actually, MacTavish promised a massive re-vamp just like that. He talked about adding 6 or 7 new players (and no, I don't count guys like Jonessu and Acton). He's been very sullen over the past several days and flat out stated that he hasn't been able to accomplish as much as he wanted.

He and the fans are getting a harsh lesson this summer.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Actually, MacTavish promised a massive re-vamp just like that. He talked about adding 6 or 7 new players (and no, I don't count guys like Jonessu and Acton). He's been very sullen over the past several days and flat out stated that he hasn't been able to accomplish as much as he wanted.

The roster is hardly set in stone as is.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Then that's really your fault isn't it now?

If those guys are on the NHL roster why wouldn't you count them?

Ference, Belov, Gordon, Labarbera, Jonessu/Acton.

So there's 5.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
If guys like Jonessu and Acton are every day players then this is a bottom five team. Easy.

People underestimate just how bad the Edmonton Oilers were this season. Over a full 82 games we're not drafting Darnell Nurse. We're in the MacKinnon conversation.

The roster is hardly set in stone as is.
It will be in a couple of weeks. The Edmonton sports media is already running with MacT's quote on Twitter.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
If guys like Jonessu and Acton are every day players then this is a bottom five team. Easy.

People underestimate just how bad the Edmonton Oilers were this season. Over a full 82 games we're not drafting Darnell Nurse. We're in the MacKinnon conversation.

It will be in a couple of weeks. The Edmonton sports media is already running with MacT's quote on Twitter.

Joensuu isn't terrible, but Acton had 19 points in the AHL, so if he plays even a game in Edmonton, we're screwed.

IMO, if Edmonton wants to make the playoffs:
-need another LW
-need another RW
-Brown can't be in the top 12, must be 13th or 14th forward
-Jones and Smyth must be on the 4th line
-another C must be added in case of injury
-Klefbom can't be in the top six at the start of the year

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

If the difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs is a couple 4th liners we have bigger problems.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
If the difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs is a couple 4th liners we have bigger problems.

The thing is, it's not. Posters here love to claim that if x player is playing x number of minutes on x line, then we're drafting 1st again. It's BS.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton

We will see I guess...I wonder if there should have been a yet in that quote.

Ranford#30

Oct 21, 2005

You're possibly right, but I think that we shouldn't discount a new coach that has a clear idea of what he wants and how to go about doing it. I never has a lot of confidence is Krueger for some reason. I thought he was too passive.

There are some bad Phoenix rosters that have made the playoffs based on player a team game and following their coach's lead.

I see our young core taking another step, which includes Petry. And J. Schultz along with the wunderkinds up front.

I think we are an improved team. Enough for the playoffs? No, but improved nonetheless.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Yup. The fans are to blame.

Stupid fans.

Don't twist my words again.

Some have the habit of taking what's leaked and blowing it out of proportion. Maybe if some people would look at the ******* history of the team since 2006, and see nothing gets done, they would cry less when the predictable happens.

That's why I said Mac T needs to shut up and act and drop all the tedious talk. People listen to him as fact (which at this point they should just roll their eyes) and it's a rookie GM move.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2009
Every year its the same ****. We sign 4th liners and bottom pairing defenceman and nothing changes. ****. Now that were in a new division and every center is over 6 foot 2 there gonna eat us for lunch. We stay with this roster, I doubt we win 30 games this season

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
So with the rumours that Carolina is looking to dump salary to add some mystery FA(possibly Jagr), what would people think about doing something like N Schultz for Ruutu?

Schultz for Ruutu
Hemsky + pick for Greening + Smith
Sign Ranger

Hall - Gagner - Yakupov
Ruutu - RNH - Eberle
Greening - Gordon - Paajarvi
Brown - Smith - Jones
Smyth, Joensuu

Smid - Petry
Ference - Schultz
Belov - Ranger
Larsen

Dubnyk
Labarbera

D could still use an upgrade, but the forwards look pretty solid, imo.
I love this.
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
DEFENSEMEN
GOALTENDERS
Devan Dubnyk ($3.500m)
OTHER
------

I'm alright with Grabovski, but Reasoner is brutal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad