Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT - THANK YOU JACK EDWARDS - Series tied 3-3

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Who earns even a pass mark so far? Marchand (8 pts, +1), not great last 2 games but at least was excellent before that. DeBrusk (5 pts, -3), patchy, but trying at least. Freddy (3 pts, +4), good effort especially for a guy who's past playoff showings have been awful, although he's blown a couple of great chances too. Carlo (1 pt, +2), easily our best defender, solid just about all the time except for a couple of moments. McAvoy just hasn't stepped up as a supposedly elite player should but at least hasn't been outright bad, although he's still error prone. Coyle battles but is too-often ineffective. Boqvist has done what he can, Beecher and Wotherspoon have been ok for depth guys. Can't really fault Lohrei as a rookie defender. That's about it.
I believe Marchand and Debrusks points have been mostly on the Power Play Debrusks 3 goals were for sure.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
He apparently wants another crack at NHL coaching according to a rumor I saw during the regular season, Lindy Ruff is back in Buffalo, f*** it bring Clode back home to Boston for a few years, can’t be worse than Monty.
He was TSN Overdrive the other day after game 5. Methinks they were getting him out there for leafs fans for when Keefe gets the axe.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
The McAvoy critcism is over the top IMO. And I say that as a poster who was ripping him for being an idiot after the first goal.

He was out there trying to make things happen with a roster that was seemingly incapable of executing anything. Yeah, he took a huge risk on the second Leafs goal with two minutes left in the game. Of course he did. They are down and there are two minutes left before it goes to a game 7. He wanted to take the guy off the puck. I've got no issue with that.

I don't see McAvoy as "a problem". Build a better roster.
Even good players need support.............Even good players need to be coached.......GMs need to do their job so good teams can get better...

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
You'd think with the amount of game 7s they've lost they'd have run out of ideas on how to blow it. I'm anxious to see what plans they have in store for us this time to hurt us
I think coming out lifeless with another 2 shot first period is too obvious. They're going to come out strong, go up 2-0, give up a late 2nd period goal, then give up a 6 on 5 goal with a minute left to tie it 2-2, then lose in overtime due to a Marchand or Lindholm gaffe.

Reactions: Gordoff

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
I’ll never ever forgive the Bruins if they jump start a Toronto cup run
Look at the teams left just in the east. The Leafs (and the Bruins for that matter) are like if you need 4 people for a line up but only have 3 so you put a coat rack in just to take up the space. They have virtually the same chance as Utah of winning a cup in 2024. A "cup run." :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Game 7 winner takes all. I have faith in this team. The question is do they have faith in themselves

I think this is a very overlooked point. There are times when they appear to think they only have to show up in order to win and there are times like now when they appear to believe they can't win the big ones. They're schizophrenic that way.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`m sorry, tried to stay positive after game 5 but what a steaming pile of dog crap we are watching now.

Back to back games vs a team without it`s best player, a goalie whose had only a handful of playoff starts and they play like this?

This team has zero give a f`s and this fan is starting to as well

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
I have said all year this is the softest Bruins team I have ever seen, that is not just physically. This team is soft in almost every facet of the game, especially physically and mentally.

Win or lose Saturday they need to make changes.
I don't think they're a soft team physically. They hold their own. Better than last season. It's all between the ears, the mindset. They just don't have playoff type players or coach. Lack of adaptability.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
. There is no excuse for the way the Bruins played in Games 5 & 6. None.

I've said this a million times but I'll say it again: I know the Bruins won't win every game they play. All I demand from them is 100% effort every time they step on the ice. I have not seen 100% effort in Game 5 or 6 either physically or mentally.

The last two games have been embarassing. It's one thing to get beat, its quite another to mail your effort in by slow boat to China. They're also gripping their sticks too tightly, witness the ridiculously low # of shots they've taken. They're waiting for the perfect opportunity instead of just firing the puck at the goal. Ditto the PP but that's been an issue the past few seasons anyway.

The only aspect of their game that has been excellent is the PK (thank God!!!!) It has been stellar, I believe 17 for 18. Good thing because otherwise this series would have been over 2 games ago.

:madfire:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If he's crying now? Our captain is crying and it's not game 7 yet?

Not great, Bob.
Marchands style of play may have benefited his career, but I honestly believe it is biting him in the ass now, he gets mauled and no call but goes off the ice for bad breath...........I am pissed that Loheri getting hit on the numbers like he did and no call, I also cannot be sure that his stick was not being held before the hit and that put him in a bad position.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
They were, but on a team that's struggled to score by any means I'll give some credit for the points however they're obtained.
Oh I don’t disagree,but it’s pretty obvious the Bruins aren’t getting PP ‘s anymore.

Who would buy them?
Probably lots of Leaf fans looking for tickets

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
And then the crowd from the Rask days comes out and blames Swayman for “not making the big saves when needed”
Swayman should not be blamed and he should not need to be defended, as a matter of fact much better goaltender then Rask, who would be shitting himself right now, oh yeah! then he wouldn't have to play game 7 he got the shits.

Same old crap. All of the heart aches over the years with the Montreal Canadiens, Flyers, Blackhawks, Panthers, Blues, etc. . Now the Leafs.

I hope they spend the 21 mil of cap space available wisely and do something constructive for a change. I am sure you can get better value than Jake at 7 mil, move on.
Maybe for a change build the team in the offseason not at the trade deadline, and build the roster towards the playoffs and not for the overpriced, meaningless regular season.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
. There is no excuse for the way the Bruins played in Games 5 & 6. None.

I've said this a million times but I'll say it again: I know the Bruins won't win every game they play. All I demand from them is 100% effort every time they step on the ice. I have not seen 100% effort in Game 5 or 6 either physically or mentally.

The last two games have been embarassing. It's one thing to get beat, its quite another to mail your effort in by slow boat to China. They're also gripping their sticks too tightly, witness the ridiculously low # of shots they've taken. They're waiting for the perfect opportunity instead of just firing the puck at the goal. Ditto the PP but that's been an issue the past few seasons anyway.

The only aspect of their game that has been excellent is the PK (thank God!!!!) It has been stellar, I believe 17 for 18. Good thing because otherwise this series would have been over 2 games ago.

:madfire:
If the penalty killing wasn’t as good as it’s been Bruins would never have been up,3-1 special teams were really the big difference in the first 4 games

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Swayman should not be blamed and he should not need to be defended, as a matter of fact much better goaltender then Rask, who would be shitting himself right now, oh yeah! then he wouldn't have to play game 7 he got the shits.

Maybe for a change build the team in the offseason not at the trade deadline, and build the roster towards the playoffs and not for the overpriced, meaningless regular season.
I think Swayman will have to pitch a shutout on Saturday for Bruins to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad