Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXVII:

Status
Not open for further replies.

taunting canadian

Jan 3, 2005
Probably because he demanded a better deal from the Oilers but wasn't reciprocated.

Yeah, everything we've heard is that the package was demanded by Gillis, so he wouldn't be lying at all to say the Oilers never offered it. The only people who think the Oilers offered that are people are are misreading/misinterpreting what was stated by Dreger/Rishaug etc.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Can't really fault MacT for not getting Clutterbuck. Not worth Paajarvi, and just another GM obsessing over the 'conference' part.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I would think that three years ago that was precisely what their plan was.
I bet they also planned on dragging Luongo through the mud for two years.

Gillis also came out after the Hodgson trade and said they played him a lot to increase his stats and then move him.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Jim Matheson ‏@NHLbyMatty
Apparently oil offered second-round pick and farmhand forward tyler pitlick for clutterbuck.pitlick born in minny

Can't really match what Minnesota got.

Awful value for a recent top-5 pick

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

Gillis also came out after the Hodgson trade and said they played him a lot to increase his stats and then move him.

I actually believe that one, too. Hodgson and the Canucks didn't seem to get along.

Though:

Kassian: 39GP 7-4-11
Hodgson: 48GP 15-19-34

Oops.

Oct 15, 2008

That could be true as well. I recall hearing problems with Hodgson and his agent and Canucks management as long as two or three years ago.

I dont like Gillis and I think he is a horse **** gm, but saying the original plan was to move Schneider would have been truthful. Of course we all know that changed and then changed back again, and really was facilitated by a conundrum of Gillis' own making.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
We're not in cap trouble and we dont have a lot of nhlers so why buy out horcoff? Were also paying him less actual money this year.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers
TRADE NEWS: #Flyers have traded (D) Danny Syvret to the NY Rangers in exchange for (F) Kris Newbury

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
Source close to Danny Briere says #Isles among teams interested. Briere will choose finalists soon. "Wants a top-6 spot, wants to win."

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I've kind of made a decision today folks....

Jim Matheson sucks as a writer. How is he in the hall of fame?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I've kind of made a decision today folks....

Jim Matheson sucks as a writer. How is he in the hall of fame?

He used to be really good. So did Terry Jones. Both of them used to be excellent writers, especially during the glory days.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Of course. But what nhlers do we have to take his place?

We don't, but that's Mact's job. He has to find effective role players to replace the trash that has been wasting space and costing the team games for the last few years.

It's not a scenario where the only choice is between rookies and Horcoff.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
He used to be really good. So did Terry Jones. Both of them used to be excellent writers, especially during the glory days.

I missed out on that. All I've seen is nearly two decades of bad writing from Jones.

The Hall of Fame is less prestigious for having them in it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I missed out on that. All I've seen is nearly two decades of bad writing from Jones.

The Hall of Fame is less prestigious for having them in it.

Jones got lazy first, then Matheson followed suit. Matheson's prime was longer than Jones' though.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Gotta imagine that there's a certain level of complacency that comes with writing for the same sports teams for 30+ years.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
Dreger on 1050 just said that, he doesn't believe what Gillis is saying. He's just trying to save face with the fan base.

He feels that the Oilers DID offer a better package and that the reported price of the 1st, 2nd and PRV is what Gillis was asking for but the Oilers were more thinking something along the lines of the 1st and Dubnyk.

He also said that he thinks that the Coburn deal is one that he thinks realistically could still go down as well as Edler to Detroit.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Dreger on 1050 just said that, he doesn't believe what Gillis is saying. He's just trying to save face with the fan base.

He feels that the Oilers DID offer a better package and that the reported price of the 1st, 2nd and PRV is what Gillis was asking for but the Oilers were more thinking something along the lines of the 1st and Dubnyk.

He also said that he thinks that the Coburn deal is one that he thinks realistically could still go down as well as Edler to Detroit.

It would be nice if there were still a Coburn deal out there.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

I'd rather it be us who'd be in on Alex Edler, although I guess the whole division rival business may play a part in why we aren't even mentioned in trying to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad