Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXVII:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Continue here.

From the last thread:

He should have bought us a bouquet of roses and blown smoke up our *****!

I don't think MacT is that dumb.

I'd find a new team. I've suffered through too much to keep cheering if MacT ****s this up

And the maximum games dubnyk has ever started was 45. Not that big a difference.

I get that the 7th overall is great and whoever we grab there can be a great player but all it is, is potential. At some point our team has to stop wandering in the playoff wilderness and start making a hard push. Have solid goaltending will go a long ways towards making us a contender.

TheCityOfChamps is a complete moron and pretends to have sources. How he has over 300 followers is beyond me.

The next time one of his 'rumours' comes true will be the first.

@TheFourthPeriod
Unless something dramatic changes in the next few hours, Edmonton isn't expected to make any trades tonight. Saving it for Draft Day #tease

pretty obvious, I think

Nothing if Edler is also coming along with Schneider.

We are under valuing CS.

He's worth our #7 and a prospect.

That being said, I'm sure a trade for the pick wouldn't come until the 11th hour.

Lets try not to over analyze and just enjoy the ride.

:laugh: True, He must read HF for his rumors :sarcasm:

I follow him for a good laugh.

7th overall is a potential game breaker, Schneider is a proven above average regular season goalie. I gamble on the pick. Keep rolling with Duby.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
And the maximum games dubnyk has ever started was 45. Not that big a difference.

I get that the 7th overall is great and whoever we grab there can be a great player but all it is, is potential. At some point our team has to stop wandering in the playoff wilderness and start making a hard push. Have solid goaltending will go a long ways towards making us a contender.

I'd be fine with trading a 7th for a good player, just not Schneider. There is nothing to suggest he's worth that kind of return except hype, and there is massive risk of getting a dud in the Toskala/Raycroft vein.

I'm not with the Dubnyk hater crowd who thinks every single goal he lets in is automatically soft either. I'd rather see what he can do with a real NHL defense in front of him than acquire another team's overhyped backup.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

It's actually 47, and that's over 1/3rd more... It's actually quite a big difference

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect
@TheFourthPeriod
Unless something dramatic changes in the next few hours, Edmonton isn't expected to make any trades tonight. Saving it for Draft Day #tease

Tomorrow comes and goes,and still no Edmonton trades.

Jun 9, 2011
Seems like a tough year to be a rookie GM... Horcoff and Hemsky are not even anyone's radar it appears.

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
@TheFourthPeriod

Yup, and all 29 other teams improved their team substancially today!

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
So I assume the people upset there hasn't been a trade yet will be the first ones to complain with the return when there is one? :sarcasm:

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
If we deal the 7th for Schneider I will be sharpening my pitchfork. And I'm the biggest homer around.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I know people are antsy for trades, and it's a fun time of the year, but there are still 3 months to get things done before the offseason.

That said, I hope tomorrow is eventful.

Auguste McEscoffier

Oct 20, 2009
Man, Mac sure is showing the Stanley Cup champs a lot of respect by waiting to announce his completed deals until Sunday.

As long as the Oilers draft 7th overall tomorrow, I will be happy - regardless if trades are made or not.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I don't want Schneider. The cost to get him will be astronomical. Give Dubs 1 more year, sign a 1b like Emery, Bryzgalov, Theodore or Luongo if he gets bought out. The only thing I want to see the 7th traded for is to move up to the top 5 or in a package to land a good young center or defenceman.

Aequitas

Jun 10, 2008
Fort McMurray
Man, Mac sure is showing the Stanley Cup champs a lot of respect by waiting to announce his completed deals until Sunday.

As long as the Oilers draft 7th overall tomorrow, I will be happy - regardless if trades are made or not.

Beat a dead horse much? Pretty much everyone who said that have come out and said they were wrong

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
So I assume the people upset there hasn't been a trade yet will be the first ones to complain with the return when there is one? :sarcasm:

The only deal that we've discussed that would upset me is the 7th for Schneider one. I'm good with 2 2nds for Coburn, Pitlick+ for Clutterbuck, Hemsky for Smith, etc

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
@TheFourthPeriod

With so much hype and rumors about tomorrow, if nothing goes down, it'll be more anticlimatic than the 2012-2013 LA Lakers.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
I know people are antsy for trades, and it's a fun time of the year, but there are still 3 months to get things done before the offseason.

That said, I hope tomorrow is eventful.

Well,Mactavish better improve this franchise between now and then,because if he doesn't,well then----I will then have to come to his home with my Pitchfork and Machete!:biglaugh:

SHO NUFF*

While I don't think goaltending is a strength of the Oilers, I also don't view it as a weakness. Not opposed to dealing the #7, but I'd rather see it used to address either the center position or to bring in the long awaited top 4 D.

Jun 9, 2011
I am ok with no trade vs bad trade. MacT may find that it is tougher to get value than he anticipated.

NeutralZone

Oct 29, 2011
Seems like a tough year to be a rookie GM... Horcoff and Hemsky are not even anyone's radar it appears.

I think Horcoff and Hemsky won't get traded until the free agent market dries up and GM's get desperate to fill the holes on their roster. There's just too much happening right now to bother with players like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad