Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXVII:

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
Thomas to PHI makes a world of sense.

I'm assuming he signs for $3.5-5 million per year. If he does that would mean Coburn being available increases (cap reasons).

So maybe we will have to wait for the weekend for the Coburn trade to finally be consummated (hopefully).

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
What's the scouting report on Cobourn? Seems to me like he is a second pairing guy. If that is the case and the asking price was 2 second round picks plus MPS than the oilers were going to get hosed...

Originally I heard that it was this years second plus next years second, but now that they said MPS was being asked for I am very glad MacT didn't pull the trigger.

I think they still need to try and get him but without sending one of our young NHLers back.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding another piece to get Talbot here as well.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 14m

Canucks were not offered a 1st, 2nd and a very high end prospect by the Oilers, but that is what Gillis asked for...#trustmysource

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 14m

Canucks were not offered a 1st, 2nd and a very high end prospect by the Oilers, but that is what Gillis asked for...#trustmysource

I bet he asked for 1st, 2nd and Klefbom.

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
What's the scouting report on Cobourn? Seems to me like he is a second pairing guy. If that is the case and the asking price was 2 second round picks plus MPS than the oilers were going to get hosed...

Originally I heard that it was this years second plus next years second, but now that they said MPS was being asked for I am very glad MacT didn't pull the trigger.

I think they still need to try and get him but without sending one of our young NHLers back.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding another piece to get Talbot here as well.

Coburn is like Smid. With a touch more physicality and maybe slightly better at moving the puck.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009

He's a big guy that moves well. He can play top pairing....he is somewhere between a #2-4 dman. I like his game from his net to opposing blueline. In the oppositions zone he isn't great. He seems to hesitate and just doesn't seem to have natural instincts there (looks awkward). He can be good at times but just looks uncomfortable there and seems to "think" to much instead of just using his instincts.

He isn't very physical but has good positioning in d-zone and has a good first pass and can log lots of minutes.

I don't think he is a #1 because if he was PHI wouldn't be constantly looking to improve its defense every year (it seems).

I'd like him but wouldn't pay a huge price to acquire him because he isn't a huge difference maker (from what I've seen and judging from PHI's results which are very inconsistent during seasons and year to year).

Last edited:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If I was MacT I'd say publicly that he offered Eberle for Schneider and Gillis turned him down... just to **** with Gillis and make the Nucks fanbase hate him even more (if that's possible). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig