Rumor: Trade rumors and proposals thread: The Hounds of Chia-ville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Well define what 'toughness' even means and then show me some real data on how it helps teams (in the context of the top 6). I'm wide open to being convinced.

Toughness as described not with fighting per say--but going in the tough areas such as the corners and standing in front of the net or tossing legal hits around to throw the other side off of their game

Look at the Hawks--on paper and theory they are not a tough team--but when you see guys like Toews, Kane, Hossa and others--they are hard to move off that puck and will go into in parts of the ice or stand in front of the net that are core will not do. Kane is 5-11--but he is hard to move off of the puck and he gives and good as he gets--without taking stupid pms

key aspects to toughness as defined by Lord J T Shark overlord of Arkham Asylum
1) hard to move off the puck
2) going to the rough parts of the ice
3) Ability to check without taking penalties
4) Ability to stand in front of the net game in and game out
5) Mentally able to bounce back after a bad shift
6) the other team need to think before they come flying down the wing on your team
7) Play a full game
8) Play both ends of the ice

but those are just 8 off the top of my head

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
here are the questions about Patrik Laine
1) How long before he comes over?
2) How ready is he for the NHL?
3) Do the oilers have both the time and patients t wait for him to develop?

Maybe cause I am here in Europe, but I get the feeling that both Swedes and Fins USUALLY like spending that extra year or two in the home country, unless they are already playing on junior hockey leagues in North America.

So we draft one of the Fins only to find out either one wants to spent 1 or 2 more years developing and wont be over to NA until the 18/19 season? When then? in 18/19 Eberle is on the last year of his contract, hall after 19/20 and nuge 20/21.

At some point in time this organization has to go "ITS GO TIME" to win

For me looking at a healthy line up--we are not there yet and we need to address.
While we are not in a win now mode, the clock is ticking on some contracts and at some point in time that WILL become an issue that needs to be dealt with

I can't answer the question about when he'd come over, but I do think he's NHL ready. His shot is elite and he's pretty big and strong for a 17 year old. I don't think he'd have much issue adapting to the NHL and he definitely doesn't shy away from the physical play. I think he's far more NHL ready than Chychrun or Tkachuk.

Also most importantly he's a goal scorer and right-handed shot. Add his size and the fact that he likes to play a little physical and that sounds pretty much exactly like what we need. Obviously I'd still trade it if we can get a top pairing D though.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Matthews would make Oliver Ekman-Larsson expendable. (I hope. If that happens. I do not see it happening. Any of it.)

Brian Campbell reminded me of why I have liked him so much. I'd be very up for giving him 3 years (MAYBE 4 if the cap hit is low enough). I said 4.5 in the game day thread, thinking of a 3 year. 4 would have to be less than 4 AKA not happening.

Campbell can skate, move the puck well. He's 36 but his game ages gracefully.
Would help the powerplay as well. UFA after this season. Would be a great stopgap until we know what we have with Nurse and Klefbom.
Klefbom Sekera
Campbell Nurse
Davidson Gryba

Looks very decent.

Campbell isn't my primary target, but if the Oilers strike out on bigger fish, Campbell would seriously improve the team.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
I keep seeing highlights if Byfuglien throwing guys around like rag dolls. I say we back up the brinks truck if he makes it to free agency. If Winnipeg is shopping him why not throw pouliot +1st if he resigns.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I keep seeing highlights if Byfuglien throwing guys around like rag dolls. I say we back up the brinks truck if he makes it to free agency. If Winnipeg is shopping him why not throw pouliot +1st if he resigns.

We need Pouliot on the left wing. WIthout him it would essentially be Hall and players interchangeable with AHL scorers.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Matthews would make Oliver Ekman-Larsson expendable. (I hope. If that happens. I do not see it happening. Any of it.)

Brian Campbell reminded me of why I have liked him so much. I'd be very up for giving him 3 years (MAYBE 4 if the cap hit is low enough). I said 4.5 in the game day thread, thinking of a 3 year. 4 would have to be less than 4 AKA not happening.

Campbell can skate, move the puck well. He's 36 but his game ages gracefully.
Would help the powerplay as well. UFA after this season. Would be a great stopgap until we know what we have with Nurse and Klefbom.
Klefbom Sekera
Campbell Nurse
Davidson Gryba

Looks very decent.

Campbell isn't my primary target, but if the Oilers strike out on bigger fish, Campbell would seriously improve the team.

In previous years I've said he would've been a phenomenal guy to target as a veteran presence. But I think he might be one of the exceptions as a guy who's willing to take a pay-cut to stay with his organization.

The guy loves playing in Florida from what I've heard.

And if, for whatever reason he doesn't re-sign there, he's a guy you need to be weary of giving a ton of money to. Because when he puts that pen to paper, he'd be 37 years old.

All that being said, I've always loved his game. Not a lot of players like him.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Tonight is a pretty fan****ingtastic example as to why we're in no position to trade Nuge because of "center depth" we might have.

Without Nuge and McDavid for the next 3 games we're going to have Draisaitl and than Letestu, Lander and Hendricks? As our 4 centerman. With no one in the minors who can even be considered a possibility.

That's one top line guy and three 4th liners.

You trade Nuge in the off-season and all it takes is one injury for this, instead of 2.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Tonight is a pretty fan****ingtastic example as to why we're in no position to trade Nuge because of "center depth" we might have.

Without Nuge and McDavid for the next 3 games we're going to have Draisaitl and than Letestu, Lander and Hendricks? As our 4 centerman. With no one in the minors who can even be considered a possibility.

That's one top line guy and three 4th liners.

You trade Nuge in the off-season and all it takes is one injury for this, instead of 2.

I'd rather have Letestu/Hendricks filling in because of an injury, than Schultz playing 25 minutes a game because he's the only player on the defense that has some ability to move the puck.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
In previous years I've said he would've been a phenomenal guy to target as a veteran presence. But I think he might be one of the exceptions as a guy who's willing to take a pay-cut to stay with his organization.

The guy loves playing in Florida from what I've heard.

And if, for whatever reason he doesn't re-sign there, he's a guy you need to be weary of giving a ton of money to. Because when he puts that pen to paper, he'd be 37 years old.

All that being said, I've always loved his game. Not a lot of players like him.

Exactly. What do you think of 4.5 over 3 years?

I seriously don't see him leaving Florida though.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
We need Pouliot on the left wing. WIthout him it would essentially be Hall and players interchangeable with AHL scorers.

We just need to send Lecavalier an overwhelming amount of support to continue his career. Once he decides to take one more kick at the can the kings can't afford to resign Lucic.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
We just need to send Lecavalier an overwhelming amount of support to continue his career. Once he decides to take one more kick at the can the kings can't afford to resign Lucic.

I really hope he finished the season strong, looks good in the playoffs and then decides he likes LA, likes being on a contender and he has at least 1 more season in him.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

"Don't you wanna win again? Last time you won, Alex Tanguay was relevant."

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
I guess that puts a halt on all the RNH specualtion for awhile. How f****** unlucky can one team be?

To think our forwards look like this:

Hall - Drai - Purcell
Pouliot - Hendo - Eberle
Kassian - Letestu - Yakupov
Gazdic - Lander - Pakarinen

When it should like:

Hall - Draisatl - Purcell
Pouliot - RNH - Eberle
Kassian - McDavid - Yakupov
Korpikoski - Letestu - Hendricks
Lander

Is absolutely sickening :shakehead

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Darren Helm?

Doubt the Wings are in any sort of sell mode.

There are two sellers right now TO and Columbus.

The Jackets have no centres to move. TO has Mathias and Winnik that play centre and are UFA's at years end. Both also slide to the wing very well.

I'd give up a 3rd and a 5th for Mathias.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Fleischmann is doing alright. Can we take draws? I can't remember.

He may fit in nicely on the cheap. Then some left wing depth after.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Doubt the Wings are in any sort of sell mode.

There are two sellers right now TO and Columbus.

The Jackets have no centres to move. TO has Mathias and Winnik that play centre and are UFA's at years end. Both also slide to the wing very well.

I'd give up a 3rd and a 5th for Mathias.

True, but Helm's upcoming UFA status may make something happen.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I honestly wouldn't be against Gagner, Hodgson, or anyone else. Just please, bring someone in who can maybe bring a touch of offence so that we're not watching Hendricks play in the top six.

Lander better step it up, if I'm McClellan I'm putting him in the top 6 and letting him run with it, maybe he finds his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad