Rumor: Trade rumors and proposals thread: The 50 shades of Hamonic -- The Travis fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Islanders are going to be very disappointed in what they get from any team. There are so many examples of players getting low value in return ie. Kessel, Seguin, Hamilton. And none of them requested a trade as well as having it go public. They can preach all they want that they can wait till a good deal presents itself but it's obviously time sensitive since its for personal reasons. This trade is only going to take awhile because Snow has to choose which low ball offer is best to stomach.

You can throw Kesler into the mix as well. No way is Snow getting a top 4 d man in return...that would just be a lateral move for the team trading with the Islanders. Snow doesn't have much leverage.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Nielsen + Hamonic would also be legit since they have to re sign okposo also....our 3rd line c solved! hoping he resigns here.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
You can throw Kesler into the mix as well. No way is Snow getting a top 4 d man in return...that would just be a lateral move for the team trading with the Islanders. Snow doesn't have much leverage.

Luongo... remember Kadri + Gardiner Dreger "reported"

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Mckenzie said Wpg doesn't seem keen on trading Myers or Trouba for Hamonic. Obviously the isles dont want a UFA like Buff

That could be what has him land here or *gasp* Calgary or Vancouver. I was thinking that a Myers for Hamonic swap would work for both clubs.

So maybe Eberle + Schultz for Hamonic + Okposo could work :sarcasm:

Yak + Fayne for Hamonic and Clutterbuck? How much do they value Cal?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
As an Isles fan, I like Eberle a lot. As a return for Hamonic, he doesn't make much sense. The Isles aren't a cap team. They'd be taking on around $2 million more per year with Eberle.

Then there's the fact that the Isles are loaded at all levels with forwards. They've got a ton of options, between the UFA status of Okposo and Nielsen and Martin, they have Strome and a guy like Petrov at the AHL level. Then they have dal Colle and Ho-Sang coming next year with Barzal and Beauviller nipping at their heels.

They lack quality on their back end. They have Pulock. There's not much behind him. They have quantity and maybe a couple of Pelech or Mayfield or any of the bunch of mid round D prospects they have become solid NHLers, but they would need quality young defensive ability coming back. If it's Edmonton, it would have to be Nurse or Klefbom. If it's Nurse, they could take back Fayne to make it a little more palatable.

Nurse is not being moved. He is a Cherelli and McLellan type player. His top end potential is above Harmonic even if it isn't exactly likely that he will end up better.

Two weeks ago I can't Help but think if Snow was playing ball Klefbom would be gone and Harmonic would already be an Oiler. A week or two with young dman can change things drastically.

Right now I would be hard pressed to give up Klefbom for Harmonic straight up. Klefbom is shaping up to be a decent offensive D man and as much as the oilers need a guy like Harmonic more it's tough to rationalize. Offensive defenseman are rare nowadays. Others will know I am not a huge Klefbom fan, others and Oilers brass value this guy sky high. I don't really think you will get him either unless Snow sweetens the pot.

There are tons of scenarios but really I see one of Fayne or Schultz coming back your way with some kind of sweetener.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I'm not sure the presence of direct flights, distance etc. is that relevent if he has a list of acceptable destinations. They are going to go for max value for the Islanders, not for Hamonic - wherever that may be within this area. Unless he's specifically said he wants to be in Wpg and the rest is just to provide for leverage.

If they are mainly looking out for their interests, theyd keep him. Any deal, even the a good one, wont be FV or benefit them. Trading him to Edmonton or Calgary or Colorado will only help him out as much as keeping him in NYI

Its like offering to shovel your neighbours driveway, only to throw all the snow on his car. No benefit to him and you just did a ton of work

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'd love for the Oilers to get Hamonic but it would be just another kick in the balls and so typical of this team to be in on a player and lose out in the end. I really hope this situation doesn't drag on too long.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Why does Winnipeg want Hamonic? Swapping Myers/Trouba for Hamonic only helps the Isle.

Not sure. Its like popular kid in highschool with a hot girlfriend having some similarily hot girl hit on him. Not need to switch unless new girl is driving a nice car (ie getting him for Buff or enstrom)

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
If they are mainly looking out for their interests, theyd keep him. Any deal, even the a good one, wont be FV or benefit them. Trading him to Edmonton or Calgary or Colorado will only help him out as much as keeping him in NYI

Its like offering to shovel your neighbours driveway, only to throw all the snow on his car. No benefit to him and you just did a ton of work

For a number of reasons - you really can't keep a guy against his will. If he wants out, he wants out and it would show up on the ice eventually. But they don't have to unload him to anywhere specific - once he's gone it's not their problem anymore.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Im guessing Chia is offering Yak + for Hamonic and Snow is demanding Eberle/Klefbom + for Hamonic, don't think there is a deal to be made between the 2 teams until one side gives in, as much as I like Hamonic I hope Chia doesn't trade Klefbom for Hamonic, and if trading Eberle hope its part of a bigger package… something like Eberle + Fayne/Schultz for Hamonic + Nielson.

CM4

Oct 31, 2013
Edmonton
July 3, 2006 – Traded to the Anaheim Ducks for Joffrey Lupul, Ladislav Šmíd, 1st round pick in 2007 (Riley Nash), a 2008 2nd round picks (traded to New York Islanders, Travis Hamonic) and a conditional 1st round pick for one of the 2008/2009/2010 drafts (conditions were met in 2008, Jordan Eberle).

Thought this should be seen. When we traded Chris Pronger.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Well this has already dragged on since August apparently... so that's about 4 months where Snow has held his ground and opposing GM's have held their's as well.

This may be more of a deadline deal where teams will more likely know where they are at in terms of their respective playoff outlooks as well as having a better idea of the likelihood of re-signing their own D UFA's.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Hamonic's better than both.

He is? Then why hasn't Winnipeg already locked this one down? Hamonic brings little offense. Trouba has massive potential and Myers looked like an allstar for the Jets last season.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Hamonic's better than both.
From my view it would be:

Trouba>Hamonic>Myers

But honestly it's pretty lateral between the 3 and that's why I think Winnipeg would balk at doing a deal unless it's a more obvious "good deal" for the Jets like Hamonic for Enstrom.

Enstrom isn't chopped liver either by the way... just that his age obviously makes him less appealing that Hamonic. Enstrom is better offensively than Hamonic at 5 on 5 and both are decent defensively but Hamonic does play somewhat tougher minutes and gets a harder Dzone push.

Hamonic obviously has the edge with his age and cheap contract... but in this situation the Isles are likely "beggars and not choosers".

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
People need to remember that players arent faceless commodities GM trade like Pokemon cards. They have connections and relationships in the locker room and community we arent aware of. So even if Myers isnt as good as Hamonic, a GM might not make that trade because of the impact Myers has in a locker room, or the impact it has if hes traded. Theres also the angle that a coach may like a certain player and feel they have incredible potential in their system, whereas a new player doestn fit a system as well

Making trades are way more complex then people lead on

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Well with the interest Chia has for Hamonic maybe we can see a 3 way trade happening to assist all teams.

oilz89*

Well Arthur Staple said that if Snow wants a dman coming back for Hamonic he'd probably need to be bigger and signed longer unlike Spurgeon

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I just hope the situation is resolved sooner rather than later. I don't want to have that itch in the back of my mind for months.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
A Hamonic trade seems unlikely to me, but I imagine Chiarelli will go all out to find something that makes sense. It would impress me immensely if we ended up with Hamonic

The issue to me is that our trading pieces are either too good are not good enough. The bubble players are Eberle, Draisaitl, Klefbom (too good) and Fayne, Schultz, Yakupov (not good enough). Sekera has a NMC so that's not happening.

As much as it pains me to say, teams like Winnipeg and Calgary have much more appropriate trading pieces. The sweet spot of player value for Hamonic, and they are both teams that would love make some changes to find some more wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad