Rumor: Trade rumors and proposals thread: The 50 shades of Hamonic -- The Travis fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Well, if it's for family reasons, you have to think Winnipeg is at the top. Vancouver isn't all that close. I think Chicago, Minnesota and even Denver are closer.

Man he would look so good here.

Watch Chicago scoop him up. That is a pretty good contract for Hamonic.

3-way trades are rare but I wonder if that is what it will take in this scenario?

Edmonton gets Hamonic.
Islanders get XX.
YY gets Eberle.

You never know.

I could see them making a deal but I think the Flames or Canucks will step up first. Especially since the Flames need to save their season.

We may not be able to get him, but one thing for sure, I feel better with Chia looking after it than CrapT.

Calgary has the assets actually.. to bad

Brodie/Gio/Hamilton could all go back

That's a massive overpay IMO. One or the other, not both.

Jesus, I don't know how we get him, but I sure hope we do.

Continue here.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
The thing is the Oilers don't have a good RHD to give them back and they're stacked at forwards.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Hamonic + Okposo for Eberle + Schultz. Again, just keeping the prediction from me ^^ Maybe add a 3rd or prospect from our side, but it's fair IMO.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Agreed on Calgary. Don't see Calgary trading Hamilton or Brodie and don't see the Isles wanting Gio. That is a bad contract.

Gotta think Winnipeg can do it. Edmonton too, if they'll take a forward. Eberle in the east would be unreal, especially with Tavares.

Kuudere

5-14-6-1
Feb 12, 2015
The City of SpOilers
Young Lions
That's a massive overpay IMO. One or the other, not both.

Oh i meant to add that there would probably have to be a bit more on the NYI side but we would have to overpay in some kind of way. We have no D to replace Hamonic and Calgary and Winnipeg does.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Considering contract situation and ability, there's no way the Islanders get an "equitable" defenseman in return.

Hamonic logs a lot of minutes against tough competition and comes out ahead while riding a cap hit under $4M for the foreseeable future. The only western Canadian defenseman who can say the same is Brodie, and that deal would be pointless for Calgary. Everyone else is either not as good or is about to be a free agent.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Considering contract situation and ability, there's no way the Islanders get an "equitable" defenseman in return.

Hamonic logs a lot of minutes against tough competition and comes out ahead while riding a cap hit under $4M for the foreseeable future. The only western Canadian defenseman who can say the same is Brodie.

The fact he's asking our reduces their leverage significantly. They're going to have to accept a lesser return. Honestly, Schultz and the 1st makes so much sense to me.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
I like the three way trade idea....also it's out there that winnipeg is looking for a top six forward at the moment

win....Ebs
NY.....Myers or Trouba
Edm...Hamonic

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I just don't see it happening. Every other team has a more suitable package to offer the Isles (aka a decent defenceman). It'd be awesome, but I just don't see the Oilers coming up with the right set of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad