Rumor: Trade rumors and proposals thread: The 50 shades of Hamonic -- The Travis fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
NYI are not fans of Eberle

To me it looks like a few of the more respected members of their board don't like him so the rest just lined up like sheep, in the past reading through their board there was a lot more respect for Eberle from the rank and file.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Reading above... Minny does make sense as well... 1.5 hour flight from St. Paul to Winnipeg so you'd have to think that's a possibility as well.

Spurgeon from Minny or Enstrom from Winnipeg would be my guesses right now.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Its crazy to think he would want to be traded to Edmonton or Calgary. Both are the exact same distance from Winny as Long island is. Unless hes unhappy with the team, the only trade spot is Winnipeg and everything is is snow trying to drive up Winnipegs price

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
To me it looks like a few of the more respected members of their board don't like him so the rest just lined up like sheep, in the past reading through their board there was a lot more respect for Eberle from the rank and file.

I personally like Eberle. I don't get to watch him too much, but I'm starting to follow the flames this year (I'll show my way out) so I might see more. The only reason I'd trade for him though is if we have another trade lined up, specifically something around Okposo for a rental Dean like Buff or someone like that.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Its crazy to think he would want to be traded to Edmonton or Calgary. Both are the exact same distance from Winny as Long island is. Unless hes unhappy with the team, the only trade spot is Winnipeg and everything is is snow trying to drive up Winnipegs price

It's much easier to get from Calgary/Edmonton to Winnipeg than it is from LI/Brooklyn to Winnipeg though.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Reading above... Minny does make sense as well... 1.5 hour flight from St. Paul to Winnipeg so you'd have to think that's a possibility as well.

Not sure how that makes much sense for Winnipeg. They are stacked on the right side and very thin on the left. Hamonic doesn't really address a need for that team.

AvOiL

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2008
Calgary, AB

Lol...what?? Long island is about 1000 km further away from Winnipeg than Calgary or Edmonton.

oilz89*

Not sure how that makes much sense for Winnipeg. They are stacked on the right side and very thin on the left. Hamonic doesn't really address a need for that team.

Mckenzie said Wpg doesn't seem keen on trading Myers or Trouba for Hamonic. Obviously the isles dont want a UFA like Buff

dem

Mar 17, 2002

Not even close to true. Edmonton is under 2 hours to Winnipeg with no customs.

I don't think there is even a direct flight from Winnipeg to New York... And you're looking at 5+ hours.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
There are direct flights to Winnipeg from Edmonton.

That's why I said that. Those could only take a few hours at most and if I recall, there is no direct flight from NY to Winnipeg. plus, you got customs to deal with every time you want to go from the US.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Not even close to true. Edmonton is under 2 hours to Winnipeg with no customs.

I don't think there is even a direct flight from Winnipeg to New York... And you're looking at 5+ hours.

yep, logistics.

Especially if you consider things like his family coming to see him, not just him going home.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB

Well you have to look ahead a bit though... Enstrom isn't getting any younger at 30 and Buff may not be long for Winnipeg so that may be one righty walking away this summer.

If they can get a physical dman to somewhat replace what Buff brings on the right side... well that's a useful asset... especially when Hamonic is 5 years younger and on a MUCH cheaper contract than what Buff will cost to re-sign (if Buff even wants to stay with the Jets).

If the cost for Hamonic is Enstrom... I think the Jets do that deal because Hamonic is 6 years younger than Enstrom and Enstrom is likely going to start declining whereas Hamonic is entering his prime years.

I don't really think handedness is the be-all end-all anyway... across the NHL there's a league wide shortage of RHD in general so if you can swap a righty for a lefty (especially a younger/better one)... you do that trade every time.

IMO of course. :)

Strickland

Mar 1, 2007
Has Snow come out and said that? Or anyone else who has any say within the Islanders organization. I could care less what some keyboard warrior from NY says who has only seen Eberle play a few times in his career.

As an Isles fan, I like Eberle a lot. As a return for Hamonic, he doesn't make much sense. The Isles aren't a cap team. They'd be taking on around $2 million more per year with Eberle.

Then there's the fact that the Isles are loaded at all levels with forwards. They've got a ton of options, between the UFA status of Okposo and Nielsen and Martin, they have Strome and a guy like Petrov at the AHL level. Then they have dal Colle and Ho-Sang coming next year with Barzal and Beauviller nipping at their heels.

They lack quality on their back end. They have Pulock. There's not much behind him. They have quantity and maybe a couple of Pelech or Mayfield or any of the bunch of mid round D prospects they have become solid NHLers, but they would need quality young defensive ability coming back. If it's Edmonton, it would have to be Nurse or Klefbom. If it's Nurse, they could take back Fayne to make it a little more palatable.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

Not that those fools know anything or have any direct influence on this decision but that is good.

Rather not trade Ebs unless we absolutely have to.

I hope we can somehow get him for Schultz or Fayne or Yak or any combo of those with picks if needed.

As much

CM4

Oct 31, 2013
Edmonton
Islanders are going to be very disappointed in what they get from any team. There are so many examples of players getting low value in return ie. Kessel, Seguin, Hamilton. And none of them requested a trade as well as having it go public. They can preach all they want that they can wait till a good deal presents itself but it's obviously time sensitive since its for personal reasons. This trade is only going to take awhile because Snow has to choose which low ball offer is best to stomach.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I'm pretty sure that they aren't going to get that replacement for Hamonic seeing as how the teams willing to pay a premium (like the Oilers) are doing it since defence is a huge area of need.

I'm interested to see what happens. Now that the news is out the pressure on all involved is going to skyrocket.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Islanders are going to be very disappointed in what they get from any team. There are so many examples of players getting low value in return ie. Kessel, Seguin, Hamilton. And none of them requested a trade as well as having it go public. They can preach all they want that they can wait till a good deal presents itself but it's obviously time sensitive since its for personal reasons. This trade is only going to take awhile because Snow has to choose which low ball offer is best to stomach.

Exactly. They are dreaming if they think they are getting a guy like Nurse + Fayne (who has proven to be a top 4 Dman in the East).

They arent dealing from a position of strength at all, their organizational strengths dont come into play. they should be taking the best value they can get.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.

Maybe travelling to and from the states is a potential issue for family? Western Canada would all be domestic flights, no customs issues.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Colorado rumors makes zero sense then. Flight time is same as NYI, have to clear customs. Its winnipeg only

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I'm not sure the presence of direct flights, distance etc. is that relevent if he has a list of acceptable destinations. They are going to go for max value for the Islanders, not for Hamonic - wherever that may be within this area. Unless he's specifically said he wants to be in Wpg and the rest is just to provide for leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad