Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread | Ken Holland, There's Nowhere to Run to, Nowhere to Hide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Doesn't look like anything is going to change. f*** Ken Holland.

I'm wondering if at this point there is a rift between management and the team's leadership group? They want changes and Holland is telling them that they have to fix this internally.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If he had the intention of firing Tippett, he would have done it this morning. Clown organization.

Hopefully it leads to him getting turfed at the same time so that he doesn't do more damage like Chia did on his way out. Nicholson CANNOT be the guy to make the next management hire.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Holland will have to make move or moves soon-- he's not going to be able to say this is a long term plan meaning f this season

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Hopefully it leads to him getting turfed at the same time so that he doesn't do more damage like Chia did on his way out. Nicholson CANNOT be the guy to make the next management hire.
For some reason Mike Grier came to mind. Turns out he was hired in early 2021 as a special advisor to the Rangers; and has been involved in scouting since 2014. It appears he is a candidate for a future role as a GM/PREZ in the NHL.

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
Random tidbit.
While I was waiting for the post game availability on Twitter. There was a big gap between mcdavid and Kassian. Don't know why.
But they show people you follow if they join in the live stream

Evander Kane kept joining in and would leave and come back and check.

Doesn't mean much with his suspension coming. But it was interesting.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I know Katz isn't the greatest owner around, but he is a fan of his team, and I can't help but wonder if he'll step in if Holland doesn't do something.

I still think he fired Eakins, not MacTavish. MacTavish went to bat hard for Eakins in the media, much like Holland is doing now for Tippet and we know how that ended.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
If Iam Katz, I have already called Nicholson and told him it's a coaching change or you and Ken can GTFO by tmrw end of business.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If Iam Katz, I have already called Nicholson and told him it's a coaching change or you and Ken can GTFO by tmrw end of business.

Don't think that reality will dawn on this franchise's big wigs that soon.

Like I said they are fart sniffers, they are still probably enchanted by the glory of their 9-1 start and still believe this will turn though they are probably now starting to sweat a little.

When it dawns on Katz what has happened though ... yeah expect things to get wild.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Phillybean

Aug 2, 2008
Kelowna
I'm all for a new coach, but at the end of the day, we need a goalie. Send Koskinen and a first to Chicago for Fleury at 50%. I don't even care about losing the first at this point. If you can get him for a second or good (not great) prospect, do that. If it takes a first (which it will, Holland after all), just do it.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
So many things needed in this organization and not just with the roster. POHO needed, GM needed, coaching staff needed, Pro Scouting Department needed, Robust Analytics Department needed...

I like some of the pieces on the roster such as McDrai, Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, Nurse, Bouchard but there is just too much dead weight to even think about improving the team in the short term. I think it's past the point of repair in which a full on rebuild will be required to get rid of the bad contracts that have been dished out over the past few years ala what Yzerman has done in Detroit. Sorry to say but that's what I'm seeing at this point in time.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I'm all for a new coach, but at the end of the day, we need a goalie. Send Koskinen and a first to Chicago for Fleury at 50%. I don't even care about losing the first at this point. If you can get him for a second or good (not great) prospect, do that. If it takes a first (which it will, Holland after all), just do it.
Yea but we also need a team who can actually tread water 5 on 5 which this team doesn't do and is why the bottom 6 is such a disaster. How a coach can see a team start 9-1 with Mcdavid/Draisaitl on different lines and than puts them together constantly to like a 2-14-2 record and doesn't realize his idiotic mistake and continues to push those 2 together is a sign of lunacy.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm wondering if at this point there is a rift between management and the team's leadership group? They want changes and Holland is telling them that they have to fix this internally.
I doubt it. McDavid wanted Kane, Holland tried.
McDavid asked for a vet coach, got Tippett
McDavid wanted vet leadership we got Keith.
McDavid wanted his buddies so he went out and got his training buddies.

If anything Holland is trying to hard to just do what McDavid tells him instead of building a team.
Hell he wasn’t even going to bring back Barrie until McDavid and co barged in saying he needed to get brought back

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yea but we also need a team who can actually tread water 5 on 5 which this team doesn't do and is why the bottom 6 is such a disaster. How a coach can see a team start 9-1 with Mcdavid/Draisaitl on different lines and than puts them together constantly to like a 2-14-2 record and doesn't realize his idiotic mistake and continues to push those 2 together is a sign of lunacy.
Both need to happen at the same time. New coach and new goalie. One helps the teams play, the goalie saves the rest.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

Fleury looks like shit in Chicago and they have better D.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Fleury looks like shit in Chicago and they have better D.

.915 is a very respectable save percentage for a goalie on a bad team with porous D in Chicago.

Oilers are sitting in 2nd place in the division if they had MAF as their starter, probably not much fuss about it either.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad