Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread | Is the Answer in Goal in the Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
lol even Button is frustrated for us and he hates the oilers XD

Button on Holland, Oilers: 'Stop dithering; Upgrade your goaltending'

Every half sane person in hockey to Holland right now:

200.gif

Hearing Holland boo-hoo and cry at the press conference about how he could barely muster up the courage to fire Tippett was shameful. Now stop sitting on your ass forever with this.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
That was great by Button. Said the same thing Mike Kelly tweeted. We are top 3 or maybe even 1st now in the amount of games we win with average or better than average goaltending. That should frikkin be a 5 bell alarm signal for Holland. Stop screwing around. This is the best roster we have had in a long time (although not complete).

Our underlying numbers have only been getting better as the season has gone on.

I love Rob Brown, but he actually said he thinks Holland is keeping Skinner int he AHL because he really wants to see what Mikko and Mike do when healthy.

Are ya effin kidding me Rob? realllly?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Everyone in hockey knows it except the guy running the team too.

It's actually sad how f***ing stupid Oilers GMs over the years get to be.

Like seriously they are well below Jim Benning and Marc Bergevin, worst GMs in Canada by a country mile and it's not even close. Most of them aren't even good at any one thing (trades, drafting, pro scouting, etc.).

People like Button, who isn't even that bright to begin with, are smarter.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
That was great by Button. Said the same thing Mike Kelly tweeted. We are top 3 or maybe even 1st now in the amount of games we win with average or better than average goaltending. That should frikkin be a 5 bell alarm signal for Holland. Stop screwing around. This is the best roster we have had in a long time (although not complete).

I love Rob Brown, but he actually said he thinks Holland is keeping Skinner int he AHL because he really wants to see what Mikko and Mike do when healthy.

Rob Brown is the BIGGEST Boot licking idiot of the Oilers management I have EVER heard. The fool can't ever say anything negative about them

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I mean he's not wrong, Holland is a stubborn fool, just like his previous Oiler GM counterparts, he doesn't believe he could have made a mistake in the summer and thinks the only reason the Smith-Koskinen tandem isn't working is because "Smitty got hurt".

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Smith is literally the smallest 6’4 goalie I’ve seen in a long time. Even my beer league goalie knows how to use his size to his advantage.

So frustrating to see weak shots go through him like he is a soft curtain. He is making Koskisen and Dubnyk (when he was with us) seem like they weren’t bad at all

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Every half sane person in hockey to Holland right now:

200.gif

Hearing Holland boo-hoo and cry at the press conference about how he could barely muster up the courage to fire Tippett was shameful. Now stop sitting on your ass forever with this.
I’m getting the exact same vibes when it comes to Smith. I feel like Holland feels bad and it’s stopping him from making the right move for the team.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I’m getting the exact same vibes when it comes to Smith. I feel like Holland feels bad and it’s stopping him from making the right move for the team.

It’s why Turris is still here and why he didn’t shitcan Tippett after the Flames game.

He’s paid $25M to make tough decisions but he doesn’t like making tough decisions.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Only the Oilers would waste valuable points in a playoff race so they can get the 40-year-old goalie "up and running."

There is no downside to waiving Smith and bringing Skinner up, other than his feelings get hurt because he has to go ride the buses for a few months.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Hellebuyck sounded so defeated in his post game presser.

Make a move Kenny.

(I know I'm living in a fantasy land)
It's definitely a nice dream, I wouldn't mind a toke in what your smoking XD
but the reality is that everyone in upper management for the jets(POHO, GM, AGM etc) Would probably need to be fired if they allowed Hellebuyck to be traded, especially to a close rival, even if it's not divisional. As much as the jets are floundering right now, Hellebuyck is their franchise cornerstone and what they should be building around. If they lose him, then they are probably starting to rebuild and might be the start of their own DoD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
There might be a way to get some cap next year. Keith may want to continue playing. But next year he only makes $1.5m. Arizona will be hard pressed to make the cap. Have Keith waive his NMC to go to Arizona for a buyout. They get $4.3M in cap space for the price of $500K next year. Keith would be free to resign anywhere he wants. He can even come back to the Oilers at much reduced number. Keith resigns for $1.5M for two years. He makes an extra $500K next year and get $2M the next year after that but the Oilers shed $4M on the cap. (Possibly more depending on how this impacts recapture).

To make this even better send them Keith and Kassian.

To Arizona: Keith, Kassian 2023 3rd
To Edmonton: 2022 5th

Kassian has only a $2.3M owing in his last year so they get a guy who can play up and down the roster, add some physicality for an average of $2.8M while carrying a cap of $3.2M.

In this scenario the Oilers retain Keith and shed $7.2M in cap space by moving on from Kassian. The move is also allowed under the CBA.

If Kelfbom is done and his contract is insured you can even make it sweeter for them by including Klefbom. In that case, they would get $11.8M in cap next year for the price of about $4.9M in real dollars.

Last edited:

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
There might be a way to get some cap next year. Keith may want to continue playing. But next year he only makes $1.5m. Arizona will be hard pressed to make the cap. Have Keith waive his NMC to go to Arizona for a buyout. They get $4.3M in cap space for the price of $500K next year. Keith would be free to resign anywhere he wants. He can even come back to the Oilers at much reduced number. Keith resigns for $1.5M for two years. He makes an extra $500K this year and get $2M next year but the Oilers shed $4M on the cap.

To make this even better send them Keith and Kassian.

To Arizona: Keith, Kassian 2023 3rd
To Edmonton: 2022 5th

Kassian has only a $2.3M owing in his last year so they get a guy who can play up and down the roster, add some physicality for an average of $2.8M while carrying a cap of $3.2M.

In this scenario the Oilers retain Keith and shed $7.2M in cap space by moving on from Kassian. The move is also allowed under the CBA.

If Kelfbom is done and his contract is insured you can even make it sweeter for them by including Klefbom. In that case, they would get $11.8M in cap next year for the price of about $4.9M in real dollars.
Good in theory, but pulling this off seems way beyond Hollands capabilities.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Good in theory, but pulling this off seems way beyond Hollands capabilities.

If a dummy like me can think of this you would think a guy like Holland might be able to at least envision it.
Left WingCentreRight Wing
edmonton_oilers.svg

Hyman, Zach
$5,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
edmonton_oilers.svg

McDavid, Connor
$12,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
edmonton_oilers.svg

Puljujärvi, Jesse
$3,750,000
RW
RFA
edmonton_oilers.svg

Kane, Evander
$4,600,000
LW, RW
UFA
edmonton_oilers.svg

Draisaitl, Leon
$8,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
McLeod, Ryan
$1,500,000
C
RFA
edmonton_oilers.svg

Holloway, Dylan
$925,000
C, LW, RW
RFA - 2
edmonton_oilers.svg

Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan
$5,125,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 7
edmonton_oilers.svg

Yamamoto, Kailer
$2,250,000
RW, C
RFA
edmonton_oilers.svg

Shore, Devin
$850,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
edmonton_oilers.svg

Ryan, Derek
$1,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
edmonton_oilers.svg

Foegele, Warren
$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
edmonton_oilers.svg

Lavoie, Raphael
$870,000
RW, C
RFA - 1
Roster created at CapFriendly.com | Follow on Twitter @CapFriendly
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
edmonton_oilers.svg

Nurse, Darnell
$9,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
edmonton_oilers.svg

Bouchard, Evan
$863,333
RD
RFA - 1
new_york_islanders.svg

Varlamov, Semyon
$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Keith, Duncan
$1,500,000
edit.svg
edmonton_oilers.svg

Ceci, Cody
$3,250,000
RD
UFA - 3
edmonton_oilers.svg

Skinner, Stuart
$750,000
G
RFA - 1
edmonton_oilers.svg

Broberg, Philip
$863,333
LD
RFA - 2
edmonton_oilers.svg

Barrie, Tyson
$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
edmonton_oilers.svg

Niemeläinen, Markus
$900,000
LD
RFA
edmonton_oilers.svg

Lagesson, William
$850,000
LD
RFA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
So much for the gut feeling, I had last week that a trade would happen last week . This is beyond annoying already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad