Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread | Is the Answer in Goal in the Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Gregor said on his show the plan "might have to be hoping Smith regains form" which is saying "Management is quitting on the season, sorry Lolz"

I know that this is definitely this team's asinine strategy, but whoever is making this decision needs an intervention.

This isn't November anymore where there is some track to let a shit player work it out, points are way too valuable now. We can no longer afford to wash away 2 points in the name of "well maybe this awful 40 year old goalie that is showing zero indication of figuring it out will get better!"

Smith needs to be told that the rest of the season is for him to try and re-learn the game for next training camp. If he wants games he can go to Bakersfield for conditioning.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Gregor said on his show the plan "might have to be hoping Smith regains form" which is saying "Management is quitting on the season, sorry Lolz"

So he's been hurt far more often than not, hasn't been good when he's been able to play, yet we are basing our entire season on him? What could possibly go wrong?

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
So he's been hurt far more often than not, hasn't been good when he's been able to play, yet we are basing our entire season on him? What could possibly go wrong?

It would be one thing if there was some sign of it turning around, but he looks so bad in the net, so awkward and is clearly not tracking the puck. His game is broken, it needs practice time for it to have a hope of getting better, not tossing him into game action and hoping for the best.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Listening to Rishaug this morning was an exercise in frustration.

"They just don't know if trading assets for a guy will truly be an upgrade!"

What other f***ing goalie in this league has an .890 sv%, sits on his f***ing goal line, and has an .750 sv% on the first 5 shots of the game? Who?

Half the goalies in the god damn AHL would be an upgrade on that. Holland needs to own that he f***ed this up and accept that he's going to have to spend more than he should have to to fix it. It isn't f***ing fair to the players in that room that are working their bags off and truly working to play the right way for it to all be ruined by some washed up loser that can't control himself ripping into teammates. Get this sack of shit gone.

If at minimum Skinner isn't up today then heads should roll.

It's unfair to the new coach as well. How can you develop belief and buy in to your system when the goalie is continually letting in back breaking goals? You can't. Would it kill this franchise to have half competent management for once in freaking 15 years?

Reactions: K1984

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
So when does the Mcdavid countdown thread start > I knowsome snowflakes may not like this, but how long will it be before the top guns want out of this shit show

I would have no respect for this if it happened.

Look how long Ovi waited. Yzerman, Lemeiux etc. It doesn't always happen like it did for Crosby, or Gretzky

Reactions: Darkwinter

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Probably longer then 6 games with a new coach who he's (and Drasaitl) are clearly responding too.

Also you don't have to be as much of jerk about it, we're all worried about that being the end result for the star players.
Well Jimmy I think I have the right to say my 2 cents just like you and it's really a simple fix on your part. It's called the iggy button and it works just fine as I have used it a few times. So take the time and realize you don't call the shots on this site as much as you like to think so . Ps thanks for the reply back as I will say I do enjoy your comments when you get worked up .Your a good guy my friend

North

Jun 25, 2009
I cant help but chuckle when I see how many people think we're going to pull in some legit starting goalie. It isnt happening without moving pieces most people wont want to move.

It shouldnt even matter at this point. People hate Mikko and Smith but continuously throw water on almost every other option that isn't currently on a contender or who doesnt have a NMC.

You absolutely try someome different for the remainder of this year and if it doesnt work youre no worse off than we currently are and you try again in the summer.

Beggars cant be choosers. The tunnel vision on Varlamov and MAF is humourous.

I don’t have tunnel vision.

Would Varlamov or MAF be nice? Yes but we know for sure MAF isn’t coming here.

Georgiev and Korpisalo are garbage. Anybody likely available isn’t going to move the dial much so maybe it’s best to try to punt one of the current goalies and call up Skinner.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I don’t have tunnel vision.

Would Varlamov or MAF be nice? Yes but we know for sure MAF isn’t coming here.

Georgiev and Korpisalo are garbage. Anybody likely available isn’t going to move the dial much so maybe it’s best to try to punt one of the current goalies and call up Skinner.
Georgiev has done well when given full time starting duties and struggles in a limited workload. Id give him a shot this year cause I think he'd be cheap.

I'd rather see us try that than hang the season on Stuart Skinner and watch everyone rip the shit out of him if it doesnt work. Seen it so many times before. Even if we move one of Smith or Koski its going to be the same song and dance everytime one of them has a bad game for the rest of this year.

Bring up Skinner sure. But I still think we should bring in someone else.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Well Jimmy I think I have the right to say my 2 cents just like you and it's really a simple fix on your part. It's called the iggy button and it works just fine as I have used it a few times. So take the time and realize you don't call the shots on this site as much as you like to think so . Ps thanks for the reply back as I will say I do enjoy your comments when you get worked up .Your a good guy my friend
Hey bud, you don't need to be your own hero to make a point, that's just you.

We're all worried about and have been, but it's been 6 games with a competent coach, so maybe chill out on your heroism a bit.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
We are so f***ed and we are going to overpay on a massive level for a goalie. Does any team in the league have a more glaring hole to fill than the Oilers? I can’t think of one. Sure other teams would “like” to add some scoring depth or a this kind of defenceman here and there but it’s like we go into every game with five skaters. It’s brutal.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I had some wacky deals in my mind with Murray and Neal involved last off season. I had some hope he might bounce back.

As did I. Then he started this season poorly, was sent down and look at him now.

New thread is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig