Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread | Evander Kane and the Bettman Vendetta

Will Kane Sign With The Oilers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
You mean his wife?

Yeah, I think honestly Matt Murray is the guy to target with some salary retained. I think he would be thrilled to come here.

Ya, his wife. A lot of the hockey better halfs have been pretty vocal the past two weeks.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Because Barzal was the player that would have been taken by a competent GM at that pick, was the BPA. Chabot and Connor was never a realistic option at that pick.

Barzal shouldn't have even been available at 15 but I think scouts were concerned about his injury history. It was widely rumored that Erickson Ek was our target.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Why the f*** did they recall Turris and send Lags down?

Sadface.

And how big would JEE be for this team right now hey? Selke level center?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I had the Oilers picking Barzal at 16th and Hintz at 33rd just by watching Youtube videos. The NHL GMs got all kind of resources and still can't get it right

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I had the Oilers picking Barzal at 16th and Hintz at 33rd just by watching Youtube videos. The NHL GMs got all kind of resources and still can't get it right

If I remember correctly the Oilers didn't like Barzal's "attitude". If that's the case then fine but what was wrong with Connor, Chabot, Eriksson Ek, Samsonov, Boeser, Konecny, Beauvillier, Aho, Carlo, Hintz, Greenway, Cirelli.

but nope we had to trade for Reinhart who played in Edmonton and the Oilers should have known every little thing about him from what was his favorite color to his poor work ethic that kept him a minor league defenseman.

Reactions: Canovin

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

If you follow the order of Mackenzie's scouting list each draft there's a higher chance of hitting on that pick. Scouting staff tend to over analyze the players based on interviews, combine and team needs.

Reactions: Canovin

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If I remember correctly the Oilers didn't like Barzal's "attitude". If that's the case then fine but what was wrong with Connor, Chabot, Eriksson Ek, Samsonov, Boeser, Konecny, Beauvillier, Aho, Carlo, Hintz, Greenway, Cirelli.

but nope we had to trade for Reinhart who played in Edmonton and the Oilers should have known every little thing about him from what was his favorite color to his poor work ethic that kept him a minor league defenseman.

You know its a bad sign when a 4th OA pick is still in the minors 3 years after his draft and the team is willing to move him for a mid 1st and a 2nd.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Looking at the standings it seems like there will be a lot of sellers at the deadline. Teams are pretty much set in east with top 8 teams comfortably at the top and no real threat from bottom 8.
Its Alberta vs California in West for the playoffs spot with Jets\Nucks an outside shot. There are 13 or 14 sellers already that Holland should be targetting.

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
Any rumors out there?

Arizona is willing to eat cap, you think Kosk would waive to get some stress relief in sunny Phoenix?

Maybe we can send Kass there to free up some space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad