Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread | Evander Kane and the Bettman Vendetta

Will Kane Sign With The Oilers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Thry should have waived Benson and kept Sceviour as a 13/14 w Perlini. Benson brings absolutely nothing tangible to the table. Then we’d have experienced scoring and checking depth players.

I think Lagesson will be back after the ASG.
Benson has a decent
chance of getting claimed especially with clubs down on players due to covid. He would be a free prospect add for a team like ARI , SEA or even his home town canucks

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Benson has a decent
chance of getting claimed especially with clubs down on players due to covid. He would be a free prospect add for a team like ARI , SEA or even his home town canucks

That’s ok. See ya never Benson. Best of luck on your European hockey career.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That’s ok. See ya never Benson. Best of luck on your European hockey career.

Oilers the last 12 years: Drafting and developing!!!

Also Oilers: Lets pass on DeBrincat, Barzal, and Zegras.

The sad f***ing part is they took Benson and chose Reinhart over Barzal really (lets be honest) because one was born in Edmonton and the other played junior hockey in Edmonton.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Don't think they would want Turris riding the bus in AHL. The man has had a good career so probably getting the respect.

Don't think Turris plays another game though for Oilers

Famous last words…

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

The sad f***ing part is they took Benson and chose Reinhart over Barzal really (lets be honest) because one was born in Edmonton and the other played junior hockey in Edmonton.
What's so bad about Broberg though? Yeah we passed on Zegras but we already have 2 centres better than him. What we don't have is another defender who's left handed who can play big minutes, skate fast as heck and can put up points. Broberg may just be that. Our Left handed D could be, if Broberg continues on the path he is on right now,

Nurse
Broberg
Samorukov/Keith

That's not as bad

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

Why do people still bring up Barzal? What on earth would make you want Barzal on this team over Kyle Conor or Chabot?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
What's so bad about Broberg though? Yeah we passed on Zegras but we already have 2 centres better than him. What we don't have is another defender who's left handed who can play big minutes, skate fast as heck and can put up points. Broberg may just be that. Our Left handed D could be, if Broberg continues on the path he is on right now,

Nurse
Broberg
Samorukov/Keith

That's not as bad
He’s got a long way to go for it to be worth it. Broberg has to pan out like nurse did over the long haul which is possible. We’ll see how it plays out.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Nurse
Broberg
Samorukov/Keith

That's not as bad

Broberg basically has to be a stud, which may happen, but it's still an unnecessary risk I think.

Even if you say we have enough centers, the haul you could get for a Zegras today would be monstrous, you could probably get Chychrun, Crouse, and another good player from Arizona for him for example.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Don't think they would want Turris riding the bus in AHL. The man has had a good career so probably getting the respect.

Don't think Turris plays another game though for Oilers

The player's done. But wouldn't be surprised if short-term they might see Turris as a shooter on the Nugent Hopkins/Hyman line. Doubles as a right hand face-off option. Not ideal but this team can use more shooter/finishing. I'd try Perlini in that 3W spot.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Why do people still bring up Barzal? What on earth would make you want Barzal on this team over Kyle Conor or Chabot?

The haul the Oilers could've gotten for Barzal would have been monstrous too even if the long term plan was not to keep him, but I imagine you might not be saying this if you got to see him play with McDavid or Draisaitl.

Despite all the other stupid shit Chiarelli did, if he just took Barzal there as the obvious pick, he probably quite frankly still has a job here.

Reactions: yakcity1064

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yet you omit Bouchard and McLeod

you are getting worse Than Steven that became a coyotes fan
You should try reading what I wrote... you even quoted it

can we talk about round 2 to 7 though? Here is 2015 to 2017... At this point... we should be seeing full timers on cheap contracts in the NHL IMO from drafts that were 4 to 6 years ago.

Bouch was a first rounder (and also my fav oiler)

McLeod was in 2018

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Dont get me started on Oilers drafting and development. :ha:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Maybe a little bit too much hate for him bro?

I don’t hate him at all. Just being realistic about where his pro career is heading. He’s a great person and I wish him well. Sadly it won’t be in the NHL.

In retrospect was a bit nasty with my initial comments about Benson tho :oops:

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The haul the Oilers could've gotten for Barzal would have been monstrous too even if the long term plan was not to keep him, but I imagine you might not be saying this if you got to see him play with McDavid or Draisaitl.

Despite all the other stupid shit Chiarelli did, if he just took Barzal there as the obvious pick, he probably quite frankly still has a job here.
Barzal just isn’t a goal scorer. I’ve never understood the infatuation. Kyle Conor is a consistent 30+ goal scorer. Chabot is a top air D man. Those guys fill needs I’ve never got what people thought Barzal does for us now or then. We complain so hard about the lack of finish yet want barzal over Connor? Makes no sense to me.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Holland should try to get creative and get Ian Clark- the goalie whisperer out of Vancouver. I know he just signed a contract- but if Holland offered a management role- say advisor to the GM- Vancouver would have to let us speak to him. Let Clark mange the goalie dept- his own coaches and scouts just for that position.

Reactions: yakcity1064
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad