Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread | Current Rumor: Cam Talbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
...is this a joke? khaira's value realistically is a 4th rounder

So if a team offers a 4th for Khaira you think Oilers would consider it?

Khaira is a 3rd pick who is projecting well and probably would be battling Yakimov for top6 role in OKC.

I put his value as a late 2nd early 3rd... Musil however i would gladly trade for a 4th rounder.. He hasnt improved much and has no chance of becoming an Oiler. Overtaken by Davidson and Simpson IMO.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
I'm pretty damn high on Khaira. I personally see him being the one that replaces Gordon, so it would suck to see him leave. That said, 57+Musil/Khaira is decent value. I would much rather go after Lack than Talbot personally. I'm not "sold" on the idea of Talbot playing 55+ games and still put numbers even remotely similar to what he did in NYR.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
jeeze. they want more. lol.
no to giving up khaira.
they can have musil and 2nd or we go for lack or any of the other 70 goalies available this summer and during the year.

if its khaira...it better be straight up. musil and second round is too much imho but id do it to get it done. not a penny more.

You wouldn't give up a potential 4th liner for a potential starting goalie?

You gotta give to get but Khaira is tracking well and everything we are lacking in our line up. Would suck to give up this guy. Big tough two way center, mean streak with a bit of scoring. He improves his skating and scoring even marginally and he will have a long career. But I suppose Talbot is most likely worth it.

I don't see Khaira as much of a two-way center: that implies that he'll generate 40+ points of offence. He's strong defensively, but I don't think he has the offensive tools to be anything more than a 4th line grinder who can fill in on the third line due to injuries.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Would you guys rather do 57 pick for talbot or both our third rounders?

If it was 57+Khaira/Musil the deal would already be done from Oilers..
NYR is probably looking at 33rd + and Chia would be offering 57th+ i think.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Its a bit in the ahl he will be lucky to be a 4th liner in the nhl. His offense is just too low to go any higher. I would give khaira or Musil up with no issue both seem like low end of roster players at best.

Like others I see him as a potential replacement for Gordon. Someone who I think has been outstanding for us in his role. Now imagine Gordon but bigger and meaner. Those guys don't grow on trees. You either develop someone like that or overpay in a trade or FA.

Right now in this draft I think you could get a mid to late second for him. Two + years from now if... If he pans out he will easily be worth considerably more.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Khaira has got size, but I see the Oilers' future center depth being McDavid - Nuge - Draisaitl - Lander, so I'd be willing to deal him for a potential starting goalie.

I'd still rather trade Musil though.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Khaira or Musil plus the 57th for Talbot is a deal that should be unanimously on board for.

It's time to start trading some of those farm pieces for actual pieces.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
We have a log jam at the LHD position, so if push comes to shove, I'd move Musil. Allows Simpson or Nurse some playing time in Bakersfield.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
If it was 57+Khaira/Musil the deal would already be done from Oilers..
NYR is probably looking at 33rd + and Chia would be offering 57th+ i think.

I also wonder if Chiarelli is maybe trying to land a conditional pick in 2016 if Talbot doesnt re-sign.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Khaira or Musil plus the 57th for Talbot is a deal that should be unanimously on board for.

It's time to start trading some of those farm pieces for actual pieces.

Khaira + Pit 2nd is a deal worth exploring. Wouldn't want to do too much more for Talbot. A reasonable case can be made for the Rangers to do the deal.

Musil is a better deal for the Oilers, Sather seems to really be interested in Khaira.

Maybe the Oilers get something (conditional fourth rounder) back if they don't re-sign Talbot?

Last edited:

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Would you guys rather do 57 pick for talbot or both our third rounders?

I generally think you should keep higher picks but it depends on where the talent tiers start and finish.

For example I didn't mind when we traded down and picked up extra picks that were all generally considered the same value. Guys like Slepy and Yakimov were easily in the same tier.

I would guess the potential for someone described in the third tier this year. Say 20 to 45 could fall to 57 and make moving that pick a big mistake.

But if 57 is clearly in the next tier which lasts until the end of the third, and the guys you like will probably fall anyways you keep the quantity over the quality.

Also depends on how much space you anticipate having in each position. No point in loading up on say.... Left shooting defensive prospects and not having enough ice time to go around once they hit the AHL....

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
The way some of you are talking about Kharia is crazy at tops he is a 4th liner with minimum scoring Big Yak will be better

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
You wouldn't give up a potential 4th liner for a potential starting goalie?

Whoa, double hyperbole.

You'd give up a potential top six forward with size for a potential career backup?

Being fair, the first one is more likely, much, much, more likely..

Whether Talbot is a staying goalie, or just a very good back up, Khaira is never coming the NHL.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Who's the better prospect? Khaira or Yakimov? Because ultimately we don't have room for both.

I'm guessing if Sather would accept Musil and 57th, the deal would be done already.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Who's the better prospect? Khaira or Yakimov? Because ultimately we don't have room for both.

I'm guessing if Sather would accept Musil and 57th, the deal would be done already.

Hands down yakimov, he's shown a lot better in camp and put up better numbers in the ahl and he's only just transitioning from the KHL last year, if they want a second and khaira in the deal you pull the trigger, I'm not even convinced khaira will ever play in the NHL. That said I'm not super high on talbot either but others seem to think he has starter potential, so if that's the case the trade is a no brainer

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
What about Musil+Khaira for Talbot... Slats get both of the prospects he likes who both have a few years development behind them... and the Oilers keep their 2nd in a strong draft.

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
I like the idea of trading Musil. It sends a message to the Old Boys Club. Pete C doesn't care if your one of his employees kid. That's not how we are doing things anymore :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig