Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread | Current Rumor: Cam Talbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
He can be an%%^% no doubt. No argument there. All agree that he also should have not been made a C, so again, very valid point.

He does give us a massive physical boost that we lack tremendously
He plays infront of Klef in these critical years
He has the point shot we desperately need
He would still immediately become EDM's best dman, he is still good at that

He is married. He will not sour our core with a party first attitude and he is a veteran to a very young core. I know he is hated right now, but he does fill alot of gaps for us immediately. Toronto also has arguably the worst media, so believing everything I hear about Phanuef I take with a major grain of salt.

There's zero chance he'd want to come here and, strive for something better

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Oilers have another buyout window in mid/late July if they have a RFA go to salary arbitration right? That hasn't changed in the new CBA has it?

edit...

Just did a bit of reading on the extra buy out window here: http://www.silversevensens.com/2015/6/10/8737195/nhl-buyout-rules-refresher-guide

"The one exception to this extra window is when the only arbitration case is team-elected, and that player earned more than $1,750,000 (in 2013 dollars - it's adjusted up based on league average salary) in the previous season. In that specific case, the window does not open."

Last edited:

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'd be all for Dion! Right now DET seems to be out of the Dion chase. We could realistically get him. Without the C on his chest and McLellan coaching this guy, we could really benefit from this kind of a player and his on ice presence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAHK91zKohc

It's funny the first play he makes on his highlight real is a bad play, it worked out in this instance, but he totally neglected his man on the far side, who easily could of had a break-away if the passer put it through the seam instead of delivering to his partner up the middle who Dion was already cheating towards for the big hit and if that pass was quick through the seam to the far man there is no way the back checking forward or Phaneuf would of been back in time.

I'd prefer an intelligent defender over a big hitter who wants to make the highlight reels any day.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Not sure if this has been covered.

There's a poster on the NYR board that's had his sources vetted. He's saying the Rangers want 2nd + Khaira/Musil

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=103869013&postcount=193

jeeze. they want more. lol.
no to giving up khaira.
they can have musil and 2nd or we go for lack or any of the other 70 goalies available this summer and during the year.

if its khaira...it better be straight up. musil and second round is too much imho but id do it to get it done. not a penny more.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Khaira would not be a deal breaker for me although I'd prefer that Musil is the one that gets dealt between the two. Neither guy is a deal breaker at all for me.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I think another team could beat the Oilers offer of a 2nd and Musil/Khaira. Buffalo would probably give up a late 1st and have the edge.

I kind of guessed Buffalo would be the one to bite on one of Ottawa's goalies, being the former Assistant GM in Ottawa he is highly familiar with the goalies in question. I also still think Buffalo is pretty committed to stocking up for their rebuild, it's about time for them to stop and make a push forward, but I don't think they are at the point quite yet where they consider 1st round picks to be expendable assets.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Khaira would not be a deal breaker for me although I'd prefer that Musil is the one that gets dealt between the two. Neither guy is a deal breaker at all for me.

Bingo. I'd much prefer it be Montreal's 2nd in addition.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
I would absolutely do 57 + Khaira for Talbot. If they want the 33rd I could see something like 33 + Musil for Talbot and a 6th.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
If Sather is high on Kharia, maybe the 57th works. In that case, we could use the 34 for Lack and a 3rd or 4th. I would be happy with a starting due of lack and talbot.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
You gotta give to get but Khaira is tracking well and everything we are lacking in our line up. Would suck to give up this guy. Big tough two way center, mean streak with a bit of scoring. He improves his skating and scoring even marginally and he will have a long career. But I suppose Talbot is most likely worth it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If Sather is high on Khaira should we be giving him up? lol. He seems like a Chiarelli type player too.

2nd + Musil ... eh ... why not.

Aequitas

Jun 10, 2008
Fort McMurray
You gotta give to get but Khaira is tracking well and everything we are lacking in our line up. Would suck to give up this guy. Big tough two way center, mean streak with a bit of scoring. He improves his skating and scoring even marginally and he will have a long career. But I suppose Talbot is most likely worth it.
Its a bit in the ahl he will be lucky to be a 4th liner in the nhl. His offense is just too low to go any higher. I would give khaira or Musil up with no issue both seem like low end of roster players at best.

oilers83

Feb 14, 2008
If it's 57 + Khaira/Musil, I don't care either one, done deal. Musil is more than likely gonna top out as 3rd pair guy and Khaira as bottom 6. Hell id add one of our 3rds.

If we walk out of the draft with McDavid, Roy/Svech, whoever at 33, and Talbot, that's a great start to the offseason in my books.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
jeeze. they want more. lol.
no to giving up khaira.
they can have musil and 2nd or we go for lack or any of the other 70 goalies available this summer and during the year.

if its khaira...it better be straight up. musil and second round is too much imho but id do it to get it done. not a penny more.

...is this a joke? khaira's value realistically is a 4th rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad