Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread: Countdown to countdown to the drafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
He's not draft exempt, but the one who fits most of this is Anthony Duclair.

The way I heard him, Bob was saying that the player would be protected by his team whether he is to be traded or not. So, Duclair may fit the description. I was thinking Zibanejad.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I may have missed exactly what he said, because I was driving, but Bob dropped a long winded series of hints of the player who might be returned for Eberle. Here are the pieces I heard:

- The guy will be protected from the expansion draft
- The guy is cheaper than Eberle
- The guy has been on a few teams
- The guy is coming off a down year
- The guy has good offensive potential
- (This one I think I misheard) The guy has achieved good numbers at some point

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but that's about what I got from his clues.

Sounds like Evander Kane :help:

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
I may have missed exactly what he said, because I was driving, but Bob dropped a long winded series of hints of the player who might be returned for Eberle. Here are the pieces I heard:

- The guy will be protected from the expansion draft
- The guy is cheaper than Eberle
- The guy has been on a few teams
- The guy is coming off a down year
- The guy has good offensive potential
- (This one I think I misheard) The guy has achieved good numbers at some point

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but that's about what I got from his clues.

The first one intrigues me, why would we need a protected player unless another D comes into the fold?

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Are these like clues he dropped for Larsson?

Bob uses a certain tone when he knows something for a fact, and while he wasn't as matter-of-fact as he was about Larsson (who was probably all but traded when Bob clued in on him the day before), Bob clearly knows something here. It seemed clear, though, that a trade is not imminent; but I would not be surprised if the Oilers have an offer in the chamber.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
That's exactly what came to my mind. Come on, HFOil, we can crack the case again. :laugh:
If I remember correctly we figured it out and then dropped it cause we didn't think he was enough value or we were adding Zacha+ to the deal :laugh:

I'm sure SpeedyTurtle would know. While we're at it Speedy is Katz kid isn't he? :laugh: :sarcasm:

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
The first one intrigues me, why would we need a protected player unless another D comes into the fold?

I think what he meant with that hint is that this player isn't draft exempt and is good enough to get protected from the team he is currently in.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Duclair dosent really fit with a lot of that criteria. I'd say a few teams would mean 3+ and he coming off more then one down year.

Sounds like Kovalchuk :sarcasm:

I don't think you can take all the hints that literally. He's just dropping hints, not necessarily being uber-specific with his wording.

I'll go with Duclair. Moreover, Arizona is one of the few teams that could take Eberle's whole cap hit without retention or sending significant salary back.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Bob uses a certain tone when he knows something for a fact, and while he wasn't as matter-of-fact as he was about Larsson (who was probably all but traded when Bob clued in on him the day before), Bob clearly knows something here. It seemed clear, though, that a trade is not imminent; but I would not be surprised if the Oilers have an offer in the chamber.

Yup that is Bob to a tee, I'm gonna need to listen to it later. We already know from Dreger that there was multiple deals on the table.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
If I remember correctly we figured it out and then dropped it cause we didn't think he was enough value or we were adding Zacha+ to the deal :laugh:

I'm sure SpeedyTurtle would know. While we're at it Speedy is Katz kid isn't he? :laugh: :sarcasm:

Nah. I think it's MacTavish. This is his way of saying "I'm still important!...well, at least in HFBoards eyes". :sarcasm:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I don't think you can take all the hints that literally. He's just dropping hints, not necessarily being uber-specific with his wording.

I'll go with Duclair. Moreover Arizona is one of the few teams that could take Eberle's whole cap hit without retention or sending significant salary back.

I'm going to have to listen to it again, or wait until I get rightly savaged on here for misrepresenting what he said, but it seemed pretty clear to me that Bob was specifically describing a certain player.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The way I heard him, Bob was saying that the player would be protected by his team whether he is to be traded or not. So, Duclair may fit the description. I was thinking Zibanejad.

Zibanejad had 37 points in 56 games. That's not a down year IMO.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Scoured the RW and C positions these guys popped up but don't seem to be fits
Hossa, B.Ryan, Spezza, Anisimov

Was looking more or less for numerous teams though meaning an older player

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Scoured the RW and C positions these guys popped up but don't seem to be fits
Hossa, B.Ryan, Spezza, Anisimov

Was looking more or less for numerous teams though meaning an older player

Definitely none of those guys, though now that you mention a C, I'm gonna look for centers.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm going to have to listen to it again, or wait until I get rightly savaged on here for misrepresenting what he said, but it seemed pretty clear to me that Bob was specifically describing a certain player.

What I mean is - he might be describing a specific player but his wording on his hints shouldn't be taken too literally. The guy isn't an English professor. "Few" doesn't necessarily mean 3+ teams, coming off "a" down year doesn't necessarily mean only 1 single down year, etc.

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
1st - why would we trade a guy who scored 20 goals and 50 points in a DOWN year for a player whose career year is 50 points (strome). Doesn't make sense

also the player bob is hinting at could be boone jenner, Just a guess

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
What I mean is - he might be describing a specific player but his wording on his hints shouldn't be taken too literally. The guy isn't an English professor. "Few" doesn't necessarily mean 3+ teams, coming off "a" down year doesn't necessarily mean only 1 single down year, etc.

Oh, yes then I agree. His words do often need to be parsed (except when it came to the Larsson hints: that was just straight up obvious).

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Couple D had some off years Jason Demers stands out for multiple teams, cheaper by $ 1.5 and would appear as a protected player ......

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Strome is a bust. I am not against dealing Eberle, just do it right. Dont trade it for sake of trading him.

Strome is a depth player and a Slepyshev level talent. Drop of 10-15 goals and 25 points for some extra cap space we dont need next year? No thanks

Deal eberle for Strome or whoever you want after next season

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
1st - why would we trade a guy who scored 20 goals and 50 points in a DOWN year for a player whose career year is 50 points (strome). Doesn't make sense

also the player bob is hinting at could be boone jenner, Just a guess

I would be good with Jenner if we got a pick with him but doesn't seem to make sense for Columbus by eye test due to there NMC they have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad