Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread: Countdown to countdown to the drafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014

Here are the charts I was referencing. Public tableau images die within a minute for no reason

Hamonic vs Franson

Franson is a better shot generator/suppressor (by a lot) while Hamonic is a better passer and scorer.
Hamonic was a good shots guy but shot generation dipped in this years aggregate, most likely due to injury he sustained this year
Both are 2nd pairing material, however shot generation/suppression is indicative to future success 60% of the time, primary points (which Hamonic is great at) are indicative to future success ~70%
Both are pretty good choices.

Eberle Chart

Eberle is most comparable to a 1st line winger in terms of production and shots, still quite valuable, especially to teams struggling to score.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nuge becomes your 1RW and Strome becomes your 2RW.

In a cap world salary has to count. $3M is a lot of cap room.

I don't think you break up McDavid and Drai full time, which means more often than not you're looking at:

XXX-McD-Drai
XXX-RNH-Strome.

Don't forget that RNH gets tasked with a lot of tough minutes and Strome isn't known for his defensive acumen...or faceoffs...or toughness...or scoring...or really anything haha. I can't think of another player I'm so 'meh' on. I don't dislike him, but don't like him either.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
the question is: is $3M in cap space worth more to the team than an extra 21 points (the difference between their career PPG over 82 GP)

Nope i don't think so, If we had RW players coming up the pipe sure but we would be doing ourselves an injustice to move Eberle 1-1 strome for some cap space

We dont need it this year so if thats the return hold on to him until the trade deadline and next summer before we move him

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Bob just said Ebs for Ryan Strome makes sense, and said that's the type of player we'd be getting back.

Who's this Bob guy? I think he might be on to something....

:sarcasm:

Maybe if we take a contract like Halak's we could shake out a prospect or something...

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I may have missed exactly what he said, because I was driving, but Bob dropped a long winded series of hints of the player who might be returned for Eberle. Here are the pieces I heard:

- The guy will be protected from the expansion draft
- The guy is cheaper than Eberle
- The guy has been on a few teams
- The guy is coming off a down year
- The guy has good offensive potential
- (This one I think I misheard) The guy has achieved good numbers at some point

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but that's about what I got from his clues.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I don't think you break up McDavid and Drai full time, which means more often than not you're looking at:

XXX-McD-Drai
XXX-RNH-Strome.

Don't forget that RNH gets tasked with a lot of tough minutes and Strome isn't known for his defensive acumen...or faceoffs...or toughness...or scoring...or really anything haha. I can't think of another player I'm so 'meh' on. I don't dislike him, but don't like him either.

I think the sooner the better you break up Drai and McD.

Creating more secondary scoring is obviously the desired result.

I think McD-RNH, Drai-Strome gives you a more balanced attack.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I think the sooner the better you break up Drai and McD.

Creating more secondary scoring is obviously the desired result.

I think McD-RNH, Drai-Strome gives you a more balanced attack.

Maybe, but that assumes Strome gives you any attack, which he doesn't appear to so far in his career.

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
No. Russell would be too expensive in that case.

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Hamonic
Reinhart/Oesterle-Benning

And once Sekera gets back:

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Hamonic
Nurse-Benning

Honestly the deal to make is with Winnepeg next week before the expansion draft: Nurse for Trouba. It works for WPG because Nurse is LH and draft exempt and they can then just protect their top 3 of Buff, Myers and Enstrom. For us Trouba solves the RHD issue and I dont care which bottom six forward LV takes or just give them one of our extra 3rds to pick someone we want. Then also sign Russell.

Before Sekera returns:

Klefbom-Larsson
Russell-Trouba
Reinhart-Benning

After Sekera gets back:

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Trouba
Russell/Reinhart/Benning

Injuries happen and Russell is ready and able to play top 4 when these happen.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I am totally not in favor of trading eberle unless it makes this team better. Why does this team always wait until a player is at his lowest value to try and ship him out?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I may have missed exactly what he said, because I was driving, but Bob dropped a long winded series of hints of the player who might be returned for Eberle. Here are the pieces I heard:

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but that's about what I got from his clues.

He's not draft exempt, but the one who fits most of this is Anthony Duclair.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba

Are these like clues he dropped for Larsson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad