Speculation: Trade Rumors and Proposals Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I might be reading to much into this, but Dreger says we (Carolina) made an offer on Backlund today.

Coincidentally, Riley Nash has been a healthy scratch in two straight games in favor of useless Kevin Westgarth.

Any chance we could see something like Nash + Peters for Backlund, now that our goalies are healthy and you guys need a bit more G depth?

I would hope not..

Riley Nash would be a considerable downgrade in both current ability and potential upside when in comparison to Backlund, while Peters has not proven to be a capable starter yet let alone an upgrade on what we currently have.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I might be reading to much into this, but Dreger says we (Carolina) made an offer on Backlund today.

Coincidentally, Riley Nash has been a healthy scratch in two straight games in favor of useless Kevin Westgarth.

Any chance we could see something like Nash + Peters for Backlund, now that our goalies are healthy and you guys need a bit more G depth?
The Flames have goaltending depth, so much so that a NHL backup is in the AHL. If the Flames need anything its a #1, not another backuop or borderline NHLer.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I dunno. I can see Backlund blossoming somewhere else and no matter what we'll lose a trade, but Backlund certainly needs a new atmosphere.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Somewhat OT, but ever since TSN lost the broadcasting rights to the NHL, they've been tweeting more trade rumours.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bob McKenzie tweeted something to the affect that this will really only allow them more time to spend on tracking down rumors instead of covering games
so TSN will turn into HockeyBuzz on crack? Should be entertaining.

Hell if they had a daily show about hockey rumors I would watch religiously.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Question: would the flames fans here be open to package our 1st round pick, this year, in a deal that brought Evander Kane to Calgary?

Getting a 1st for Cammy would supplement the loss albeit a much higher pick.

Thoughts?

I would. He needs to play for Hartley and would look great beside Monahan and hudler.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Why would the Jets trade Kane for a pick which may end up being as good as the player they traded? I think the only way Kane moves is in a package with one of their defensemen for a better forward, most likely a center.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Question: would the flames fans here be open to package our 1st round pick, this year, in a deal that brought Evander Kane to Calgary?

Thoughts?

I would. He needs to play for Hartley and would look great beside Monahan and hudler.
No. I would not give up a potential franchise player for Kane.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

I dont think the Flames would benefit by adding another bad goalie into their already bad/inexperienced group.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
If Carolina is actually calling i would be most interested in a deal such as:

Cammy(50%Retained Salary)
Micheal Backlund
Kenny Agostino

Elias Lindholm
Tuomu Ruutu
2nd round pick

Carolina needs a dump for incentive to do this deal, We get a great player back in Lindholm whom is expendable due to their young center depth.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
If Carolina is actually calling i would be most interested in a deal such as:

Cammy(50%Retained Salary)
Micheal Backlund
Kenny Agostino

Elias Lindholm
Tuomu Ruutu
2nd round pick

Carolina needs a dump for incentive to do this deal, We get a great player back in Lindholm whom is expendable due to their young center depth.
add gio and they might do it

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
add gio and they might do it

I do not believe his value can be that high, in all seriousness we are giving them a 30 year old proven goal scorer, a solid 3rd line center, and potential 2nd to 3rd liner. We receive a potential 1st or 2nd liner, Ruutu has been horrible this season but he would take over Backlunds place and a second. I kinda think it works out. but even take out the second and i would still do the deal.

Lifeline

Jan 31, 2013
Winnipeg

Thoughts?

That sounds like too big a risk for both teams. I mean Kane has had some problems in Winnipeg, I hear about it all the time here. Now I don't know if it just happens to be the Winnipeg media but I still think there are some unseen risks on a player that some people would call unprofessional.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
That sounds like too big a risk for both teams. I mean Kane has had some problems in Winnipeg, I hear about it all the time here. Now I don't know if it just happens to be the Winnipeg media but I still think there are some unseen risks on a player that some people would call unprofessional.

All true. But you just don't see a player that young and that good get traded unless they have some kind of issues. Phaneuf and Seguin come to mind.

I think that the Jets are on the verge of making a major shake up. So Burke/Feaster should be keeping them on speed dial. It doesn't necessarily have to be Kane either. They have lots of nice pieces.

Would I trade Kane for the 2014 1st? Not until after the draft lottery. Top 6, no. Seven and up, most likely.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
How about Baertschi for Lindholm? Looks like Heartley is just baiting Feaster to trade him. Looks like Baer is gonna be benched tonight.
Once again... which one? :laugh:

I'd do it in a heartbeat for Hampus. I'd probably do it for Elias too, but I'm not as high on him.

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
Once again... which one? :laugh:

I'd do it in a heartbeat for Hampus. I'd probably do it for Elias too, but I'm not as high on him.

HAHAHAHA, if you think we could get Hampus for Baertschi you're high. I'm definitely talking about Elias. We need legitimate centers and I don't want them to take Reinhart at this next draft (assuming we play worse than the fantastic four below us)

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
HAHAHAHA, if you think we could get Hampus for Baertschi you're high. I'm definitely talking about Elias. We need legitimate centers and I don't want them to take Reinhart at this next draft (assuming we play worse than the fantastic four below us)
You said it, not me buddy. Realistically we wouldn't get Elias either. Why would Carolina want to deal him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad