Speculation: Trade Rumors and Proposals Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaneQ

May 14, 2012
Finland
Are you able to discuss further what your previous quote up there was referring to? What game were those GMs attending?

If you mean that mirtle quote, it was for the Battle of Alberta game.

EDIT: Roger Millions said on Twitter that Weisbrod, Feaster and Burke are at the Jets game too.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think Roger Millions is a quite credible guy or is he not? Ive got the picture that he is but dont know then :D you guys know these things better anyways.

Millions doesn't seem to know much more than the average fan on here, he just spams a lot and hopes he comes out right. With that said he usually knows what he is talking about when it comes to who is going to scout the game etc.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If you mean that mirtle quote, it was for the Battle of Alberta game.

EDIT: Roger Millions said on Twitter that Weisbrod, Feaster and Burke are at the Jets game too.

Oh, I see. But why is this news? It's pretty typical for management to attend their team's games. It's newsworthy when a GM attends another game, such as Jarmo attending the Flames/Jets game.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I did read on the 4th Period that Cammy, Stemps, Stajan are Butler could all be available and are being shopped, but we've known that on these boards as soon as Iggy was traded.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Millions doesn't seem to know much more than the average fan on here, he just spams a lot and hopes he comes out right. With that said he usually knows what he is talking about when it comes to who is going to scout the game etc.

The list goes something like this:

- Bob Mackenzie
- NHL.com
- Darren Dreger
- The Hudlinator
- Eklund
- Roger Millions
- TheFanblogger
- People who re-tweet TheFanblogger

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Don't have the pieces. They'd want one or more of the Flames 2014 first, Brodie, Baertschi or some of the highly regarded prospects in Poirer, Jankowski or Gillies.

The best the Flames could do is Backlund+Russell/Butler but the Flyers can easily do better from a desperate team like the Oilers or Predators.

Last edited:

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Don't have the pieces. They'd want one or more of the Flames 2014 first, Brodie, Baertschi or some of the highly regarded prospects in Poirer, Jankowski or Gillies.

The best the Flames could do is Backlund+Russell/Butler but the Flyers can easily to better from a desperate team like the Oilers or Predators.

I'd do Brodie + Jankowski for Schenn in a heart beat.

Our top 4 is respectable for a rebuilding team :
Gio - Wideman
Russell - Smid
Ekblad:sarcasm:

and Schenn would set us up with a very solid/young 1/2 C punch with Monahan.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

The best the Flames could do is Backlund+Russell/Butler but the Flyers can easily to better from a desperate team like the Oilers or Predators.

I was thinking Backlund + JG + Butler

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I'd do Brodie + Jankowski for Schenn in a heart beat.

Our top 4 is respectable for a rebuilding team :
Gio - Wideman
Russell - Smid
Ekblad:sarcasm:

and Schenn would set us up with a very solid/young 1/2 C punch with Monahan.

Way too much. Flames can't afford to lose Brodie; it'd make an already terrible defense Oiler-esque.

Don't think that solves any of the Flyers pressing needs. They're probably hoping for an impact player in return.

And in any case, I'd rather not give up Gaudreau. But then again, I'm not particularly high on B.Schenn either.

benfool

Aug 30, 2013
Funny you guys mention the fanblogger, have looked at some of his tweets they are right out to lunch, nice guy though.

I do not understand all the love for either of the Schenn's. With the exception of that series against the Penguins a few years ago both he and Couturier (sp) have really not done all that much. I know a lot of fans like the big bodied Canadian players but I do not see the talent the other people see. His brother is hot garbage in a flyers jersey, he is terrible and is nothing more of the product of the Brian Burke hype train that started rolling in Toronto and went all the way down to Philly.

I think the Flames should stay the course right now. Acquire players like Russell, Colborne and Knight along with developing our own prospects. I think if we hoard a few more draft picks and have some high end picks we could start to see the team drastically improve 3 seasons from now.

If people think the Flames are bad now wait until the vets that have some value are shipped at this deadline, we may very will be in the running for my Connor two drafts from now.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Funny you guys mention the fanblogger, have looked at some of his tweets they are right out to lunch, nice guy though.

I do not understand all the love for either of the Schenn's. With the exception of that series against the Penguins a few years ago both he and Couturier (sp) have really not done all that much. I know a lot of fans like the big bodied Canadian players but I do not see the talent the other people see. His brother is hot garbage in a flyers jersey, he is terrible and is nothing more of the product of the Brian Burke hype train that started rolling in Toronto and went all the way down to Philly.

I think the Flames should stay the course right now. Acquire players like Russell, Colborne and Knight along with developing our own prospects. I think if we hoard a few more draft picks and have some high end picks we could start to see the team drastically improve 3 seasons from now.

If people think the Flames are bad now wait until the vets that have some value are shipped at this deadline, we may very will be in the running for my Connor two drafts from now.

Well, we had a good chance to see this team play without the likes of Stajan, Cammalleri and Jones earlier in the year. Honestly, it wasn't that bad.

benfool

Aug 30, 2013
Well, we had a good chance to see this team play without the likes of Stajan, Cammalleri and Jones earlier in the year. Honestly, it wasn't that bad.

David Jones isn't helping the team and if we can land even s second for him I would take it. I think the Flames record over the 1st 4-8 games was very misleading. You had a bunch of well conditioned young players giving it their all and winning which was awesome. I think when other teams jelled and removed the rust our true colors showed.

I love the rebuild, I was a fan in the 90s and will continue to be one so I am all for the rebuild. I expect the Flames to finish bottom 5 this year and bottom 2 next year which as a fan for me is ok. I also fully expect to see the Flames start to drastically improve when our prospects that we have now develop and mature.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Hard pressed to lose out on JG, I really like what he brings to the table. Backlund, Butler and even maybe Brodie I'd be okay with as possible pieces to this trade; unsure though... Don't know if these two teams make good trading partners, Philly's in win now mode (lol) and Flames don't have a ton of guys who can contribute to that :laugh:

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I'm still for keeping Jones. He just hasn't been the same since he got hurt, but still the kind of player who is nice to have around. Overpaid, but not an issue for us. I'd knock him to the 3rd/4th line for a while though, force him to use his size down there a bit, might be more prone to getting some garbage goals in the bottom 6.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wonder if something around Wideman and possibly Klimchuk would land Schenn? That is a move that holds value, addresses needs and I feel is a significant offer for B. Schenn.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I wonder if something around Wideman and possibly Klimchuk would land Schenn? That is a move that holds value, addresses needs and I feel is a significant offer for B. Schenn.
Creates a big hole on the blue line. Don't think Schenn is worth the cost to the Flames at this point. That boat sailed with the Bouwmeester trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad