Speculation: Trade Rumors and Proposals Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
It's probably impossible for Burke and Feaster to justify moving Giordano after everyone around the team has spent the most part of the young season gushing about what a perfect pro he is, how great a captain he is and what he means to the franchise. There's also the part about our team's record with and without Gio in the lineup. I'm personally not principally opposed to the idea of moving him for a great return of futures, but I don't believe it's realistically possible right now.

This

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Uhhhh, they are both under .900. I've been here all along. Two good games by Ramo isn't going to make me forget how he was playing at the beginning of the season.

Just how bad was he at the beginning of the season? I could probably count on my thumbs how many actual bad games he's had. Games where your goalie gets hung out to dry and lit up on cross-crease passes don't constitute bad games for the goalie. As for good games, he has shut down the LA Kings twice with good performances, and last night was very good against Phoenix. He played very well to hold off Washington earlier in the season.

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
if you are going to move a goalie it should be MacD

You're not getting my point. I'm saying we would be able to move Ramo for something decent right now with the way he's playing. His SV% is going up and if he continue than we could get a good return in a package deal. MacD would only get us an AHLer at this point.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Theoren Fleury was 5'8

For every Fleury and MSL that make it there are hundreds that dont. Gaudreau has tremendous skill and thats why he is worth the risk of holding onto him. But the chances of him reaching the NHL or even playing more then a 100 games are small.

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
You're not getting my point. I'm saying we would be able to move Ramo for something decent right now with the way he's playing. His SV% is going up and if he continue than we could get a good return in a package deal. MacD would only get us an AHLer at this point.

All 3 of our goalies have played basically the same all year, middle of the road, looks worse cause our D has been real bad. Just because he is a few years younger does not mean he will get you that much more, if you do give your head a shake. The only reason MacD is in Abby is cause they wanted to give Berra a shot, not because of his play.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Uhhhh, they are both under .900. I've been here all along. Two good games by Ramo isn't going to make me forget how he was playing at the beginning of the season.

Ramo has played in eleven NHL games in the last five seasons.

It's worth giving him a chance to adjust before claiming he's a bust. Same argument that I've been given for Berra, too.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Ramo has played in eleven NHL games in the last five seasons.

It's worth giving him a chance to adjust before claiming he's a bust. Same argument that I've been given for Berra, too.

Stewie, they're all busts! It's time we rebuilt, start from scratch. Call Edmonton, we want Brossoit back. Get Dipietro on the phone too, he's right on the verge of having a breakout season, I can feel it! :help:

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
wonder if we could ship Mac D to NYI for any one of the following prospects: in no particular order
Contin
Pedan
Petrov
Kabonov
Pelech
Mayfield
Leduc
Somerby

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
wonder if we could ship Mac D to NYI for any one of the following prospects: in no particular order
Contin
Pedan
Petrov
Kabonov
Pelech
Mayfield
Leduc
Somerby
He passed thru waivers. I wouldn't expect too much.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
True, but there are reasons to not pick players off waivers vs a trade. One can hope that the good goalies that are available are priced too high and that will open the market for us

I never really understood that. Trade for a player who might have been taken by another team. If you liked the player, claim him or trade for him. Why gamble on the fact that he'll be claimed elsewhere?

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
I never really understood that. Trade for a player who might have been taken by another team. If you liked the player, claim him or trade for him. Why gamble on the fact that he'll be claimed elsewhere?

If you trade after cleared then you can send that player down with them not having to clear, gives you more options with your roster, will also give you more leverage as you have they just passed through waivers card to play.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
If you trade after cleared then you can send that player down with them not having to clear, gives you more options with your roster, will also give you more leverage as you have they just passed through waivers card to play.

Right, but what if he doesn't clear? Then you lose out on an asset that you wanted.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Right, but what if he doesn't clear? Then you lose out on an asset that you wanted.

Then the team that claims him is basically forced to keep him on their NHL roster, I guess, and it's better that they have that problem than you do. I think obviously you wouldn't follow this strategy if you thought it was someone you absolutely had to have, and that there was a good chance they'd be claimed.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
im curious would stempniak be available? would something like this interest you guys

stempniak+4th
for
greening+gryba+obrien

stempniaks expiring so its an overpayment, but instead of asking for a higher pick or prospect i think taking the lower pick is fair compensation due to the reasoning of having a dollar in dollar out policy that ottawa has

greenings a 3rd liner could potentially be a consistent top 6 forward but can play anywhere in the lineup

grybas a bottom pairing defenceman max potential is a #4 defenceman

obriens essentially a 4c and is only really in the deal for financial reasons

what do you guys think or am i off in terms of value?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
im curious would stempniak be available? would something like this interest you guys

stempniak+4th
for
greening+gryba+obrien

stempniaks expiring so its an overpayment, but instead of asking for a higher pick or prospect i think taking the lower pick is fair compensation due to the reasoning of having a dollar in dollar out policy that ottawa has

greenings a 3rd liner could potentially be a consistent top 6 forward but can play anywhere in the lineup

grybas a bottom pairing defenceman max potential is a #4 defenceman

obriens essentially a 4c and is only really in the deal for financial reasons

what do you guys think or am i off in terms of value?

Its not really a Flames deal. Stempniak for prospect + picks is a better deal. Or a young NHLer with upside but has yet to establish himself. I see that deal as quantity, when we would look for quality

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Its not really a Flames deal. Stempniak for prospect + picks is a better deal. Or a young NHLer with upside but has yet to establish himself. I see that deal as quantity, when we would look for quality

understandable, i figured greening (27 years old) and gryba (25 years old) upside might interest you guys enough in doing the deal, not to mention o'brien is only 24 years old but its fair that you guys would want one one piece over three

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
understandable, i figured greening (27 years old) and gryba (25 years old) upside might interest you guys enough in doing the deal, not to mention o'brien is only 24 years old but its fair that you guys would want one one piece over three

By young I think he meant, like, 19-20 years old. Those guys will be in their thirties by the time we are playoff ready. We also don't have a 4th to give.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
What would you guys think about

Hudler + Sven + for Etem + Smith-Pelly

Not really sure on the value but I think Etem and Smith-Pelly are guys we go after.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
What would you guys think about

Hudler + Sven + for Etem + Smith-Pelly

Not really sure on the value but I think Etem and Smith-Pelly are guys we go after.

Sven > Etem (at worst you can debate that they are equal..but I simply don't see how..)
Hudler >> Smith-Pelly

Why the heck would we be adding here? let alone even considering this deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->