Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals | Kassian an Oiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Did you just describe Schultz?

Rundblad is just a cheaper version of Schultz. If he makes it thru waivers then most likely Schultz will aslo.

I think Schultz would clear quite easily. Bottom pairing d-men making 4 million aren't in high demand and I bet the only way he gets moved is with the Oilers retaining salary.

Oilers Apologist

Jun 28, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I would love to see what pieces Columbus is willing to part with. If at the deadline we could grab Cody Goloubef for Justin Schutz. Foligno, Dubinsky, Bobrovsky would be nice to grab. If a Yakupov + deal could work out that'd be nice, but that plus would be big.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
You know Rundblad is in conversation for the worst Dman in the league right?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2002549

We already have half the players in this thread and you want to add another?

I'm looking at Chiarelli to get Schultz out next, I don't care who takes his place. Logically though, it should start with him getting some time in the pressbox.

1990*

I wouldn't mind a claim on Rundblad. Not many 25 year old 6'2 RD that pass through waivers, and he was not a bad NHL player last year.

At worst he is in fact no better than Schultz and just gives the coaching staff an extra body to rotate in. At best he's a more effective puck mover with significant warts at even strength.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Three-way

To NYI:
Tyler Myers
EDM 2nd

To WPG:
Travis Hamonic
Nail Yakupov
Justin Schultz

To EDM:
Jacob Trouba
Joel Armia

1990*

Three-way

To NYI:
Tyler Myers
EDM 2nd

To WPG:
Travis Hamonic
Nail Yakupov
Justin Schultz

To EDM:
Jacob Trouba
Joel Armia

I doubt the Jets would trade two RD just to get one back (no, Schultz doesn't count). I think the only way that's appealing to them is if we fix their need for a stud young leftie. Hamonic + Klefbom + Yak is about the only package that would be tempting to them.

I think a Myers/Hamonic swap is in the offing, with Snow hoping to tease a couple of extra assets out of the Jets to make it worth his while.

Our best hope at a defender is Jones, and then Byfuglien next summer.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Three-way

To NYI:
Tyler Myers
EDM 2nd

To WPG:
Travis Hamonic
Nail Yakupov
Justin Schultz

To EDM:
Jacob Trouba
Joel Armia

pretty bad for Jets..
comes down to Trouba + Armia for Yakupov + Schultz ..
Myers+Hamonic are pretty much even.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
pretty bad for Jets..
comes down to Trouba + Armia for Yakupov + Schultz ..
Myers+Hamonic are pretty much even.

Haha no. Myers is a porous defensive d-man that needs to be sheltered or he gets overwhelmed. Hamonic can play the toughs and succeed.

But anyways, I agree that it's bad for the Jets becaue Yak and Schultz suck.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I'd take Runbland, Klefs old d partner, if we waive schultz

He's under contract for next year though. That would be the deal breaker for me. Although Schultz putting up huge points in the AHL might get some dumb ass GM to give up a 3rd round pick for him at the deadline.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Only watched a bit of the Canada game today, but man the Oilers could use a winger like Lawson Crouse in the system.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
He's under contract for next year though. That would be the deal breaker for me. Although Schultz putting up huge points in the AHL might get some dumb ass GM to give up a 3rd round pick for him at the deadline.

No,schultz has absolutely zero trade value. Any GM who looks at him is not even going to think about giving up a draft pick to have to qualify him for 4 million next year. If it was 2 or something sure take a gamble, but 4 million, I highly doubt anyone is going to take that chance.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Panthers seem to be going for it and Oilers going nowhere.

Crouse + Gudbranson for Eberle
Don't think it would work but I like the idea for sure.. Probably adds on both sides.

Do that trade and draft Jesse Puljujarvi

Crouse - McDavid - Puljujarvi

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
No,schultz has absolutely zero trade value. Any GM who looks at him is not even going to think about giving up a draft pick to have to qualify him for 4 million next year. If it was 2 or something sure take a gamble, but 4 million, I highly doubt anyone is going to take that chance.

I don't know. You could view him as a pure rental at the deadline with no obligation to give him a qualifying offer. Depth defensemen are needed and on short supply at the deadline. Might be able to get a 3rd-5th him, especially with salary retention as you said.

1990*

The absolute best we do is a player in the same situation, but preferably at another position.

How about Marcus Foligno? He's never had more than 20 points, but his QO will be $2.5M. Carlo Colaiacovo is basically the 32-year-old version of Schultz, and they're already playing him 15 minutes a night. I'd do the pair for JS, since it's near to an even match in salary.

Only wrinkle is that that likely doesn't happen until closer to the deadline, when Franson is moved to a contender for a low pick.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Panthers seem to be going for it and Oilers going nowhere.

Crouse + Gudbranson for Eberle

Might work in the summer if Big Buff goes south to play for his former GM. Is Campbell a UFA this summer or does he still have a year left? He would be ok as a one year stop gap to provide some shelter for Klefbom/Nurse/Davidson/Reinhart.

oilz89*

Might work in the summer if Big Buff goes south to play for his former GM. Is Campbell a UFA this summer or does he still have a year left? He would be ok as a one year stop gap to provide some shelter for Klefbom/Nurse/Davidson/Reinhart.

Why would you want more magic beans? Also, Gubrandson is not good at all. Can he even make a good pass up ice? No

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
If we get Crouse + Gudbranson for Eberle we are making out like bandits and we take that trade 10 times out of 10. Crouse is a destined top 6 two-way powerforward, and Gudbranson is a top-6 defenseman with top-4 potential with size who plays the right side.

I'd be willing to add a significant piece to Eberle to get those two players.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Kinda leery on Gudbranson ... I don't think he's very good quite frankly.

That trade would be dependant on how good you think Crouse will be but it's always a risk to swap a proven NHL player for someone you think might be one day.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Gudbranson is just simply bad, people just think he's good because he's 6'5 and was drafted high, but it's been 6 years since he's been drafted and he is what he is. He's a bottom-pairing guy and I don't see the point in moving Eberle for a prospect winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad