Speculation: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 13/14 - Less than 24hrs to go - Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
All I care about, whether we get Lidstrom out of retirement or sell Spezza, I want Phillips gone, as well as some other ****ing passengers on this team.

Time to make a statement. Even if we don't add anyone. Move somebody to let the team know that even if we can't get great options, we will get rid of you if you perform badly.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Some good news is, this team is actually 1-2 pieces away which we can actually pull off tomorrow from going on a late run where we could make the playoffs.

Replace Conacher with legit top 6. Keep Ryan on first line.

Add top 4 besides Ceci and we would have won tonight no question.

A legit top 6 F and a top 4 d would require we send back some of our good players as well. We aren't buyers anymore. If we make the playoffs it'll be because of the current core with a few minor pieces added and removed from it.

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
If it's a culture change we're after, I'd like to see the following go out the door:

Spezza
Conacher
Michalek
Condra
Greening
Neil
Phillips

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
A legit top 6 F and a top 4 d would require we send back some of our good players as well. We aren't buyers anymore. If we make the playoffs it'll be because of the current core with a few minor pieces added and removed from it.

Agreed, I believe Murray will make maybe 1 or two small moves but nothing major. At this point it's not worth it, its not like we're contenders.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
I would like to see (in my dreams)...

Jets: Andrew Ladd
Sens: Cowen, Smith, 2nd - 2014

Sabres: C. Ehrhoff
Sens: Weircioch, Prince, Hoffman

Bruins: R. Spooner
Sens: C. Phillips

Coyotes: Michael Stone
Sens: Michalek, 2nd - 2015

NYR: JT Miller
Sens: Neil, 5th - 2014

Leaving us with:

Ladd - Spezza - Stone
CMac - Turris - Ryan
Spooner - Zibby - Miller
Greening - Pageau - Condra

Methot - Karlsson
Ehrhoff - Stone
Gryba - Ceci

Any thoughts on these deals? Am I way off?

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa

Leaving us with:

Ladd - Spezza - Stone
CMac - Turris - Ryan
Spooner - Zibby - Miller

Methot - Karlsson
Ehrhoff - Stone
Gryba - Ceci

Wow, for once on HF I can say....those are some pretty solid and realistic proposals.

Just not really liking the line up with Stone, Pageau, Spooner and Miller. Way too many young and unproven kids in there.

Ehrhoff and Ladd are two players I'd love to see her. Ladd would never happen though, he's the Jets captain and they're on fire and in contention.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Trade Phillips for a 2nd
Trade Michalek for a 2nd
Trade Condra for a 3rd/4th
Trade Greening for a 4th/5th

Package the acquired picks with a few expendable prospects for a top 6 F and top 4 D with term - now (if the price isn't too high) and at the draft.

Time to dump the deadweight and promote those deserving within the organization.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Murray is in position to make brilliant moves tomorrow for our future.

Let's see how he responds.

Btw, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryan moved tomorrow or at least come up in talks.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Leaving us with:

Ladd - Spezza - Stone
CMac - Turris - Ryan
Spooner - Zibby - Miller

Methot - Karlsson
Ehrhoff - Stone
Gryba - Ceci

Off on everything but ernhoff imo. I just dont see teams trading succesful young players. As for Ladd, i dont see winninpeg trading him as they are in a playoff race

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I dont like the idea of trading Ryan. What team realistically has the assets. I want players back with 30 goal potential.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I dont like the idea of trading Ryan. What team realistically has the assets. I want players back with 30 goal potential.

If he doesn't sign here, he's going to Philly 1000000%

They payed 2nd and 3rd for McDonald loooooool.

We could get 1st in 2015+ Laughton

Or even Voracek/Simmonds+ piece.

WELL... SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW. HAPPY TRADE DEADLINE DAY.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Wow, for once on HF I can say....those are some pretty solid and realistic proposals.

Just not really liking the line up with Stone, Pageau, Spooner and Miller. Way too many young and unproven kids in there.

Ehrhoff and Ladd are two players I'd love to see her. Ladd would never happen though, he's the Jets captain and they're on fire and in contention.

There's no doubt the lineup would be young and unproven, but I wouldn't mind running with some youth for the last 20 games or so. We can always pick up some veteran help up front on the off season.

As far as Ladd is concerned, it is a pipe dream, but I had this offer in mind before Maurice was hired lol

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Off on everything but ernhoff imo. I just dont see teams trading succesful young players. As for Ladd, i dont see winninpeg trading him as they are in a playoff race

I realize acquiring Ladd is highly unlikely, but some of the other moves have some merit. The Rangers could use Neil in the rugged Eastern Conference, especially against the big bad Bruins. And the Coyotes could definitely use some help up front and would probably deal from a position of strength, defence. Michalek isn't the messiah or anything, but the 2nd round pick would help balance the risk factor when rolling the dice with MM.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Waivers: (it's already done, there's not much we can do about it at this point)
- Conacher
- Corvo

Sell for a bag of pucks, as long as we don't get "negative assets" back in return:
- Kassian
- Greening

Sell, if you get offered fair market value:
- Phillips
- Michalek
- Neil
- Hoffman
- Condra
- Gryba
- Wiercioch
- Smith

Sell, if someone blows you away with an amazing offer:
- Ryan
- Cowen
- Spezza
- Anderson
- Methot

Keep:
- Karlsson
- Turris
- Lehner
- MacArthur
- Zibanejad
- Ceci

(This post was not intended as a proposal for a fire sale: it was simply organizing our current roster players into "tiers" of "trade likeliness")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad