Speculation: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 13/14 - Less than 24hrs to go - Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
if this team somehow got in to the playoffs, they'd be out in 4 games. 4 ugly games.

boston or pittsburgh. take your pick.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
But anything can happen in the playoffs! Which means we're actually a contender.

dynamic_resize

700px-Buckle_Up_Next_Million_Miles.svg.png

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Do you watch Bingo games? Don't look at the stats and just watch a few.

Hoffman generates his points in lesser leagues solely based on his prodigious physical abilties. The guy has all the tools to be a star point producer. Unfortunately, he has some of the worse hockey sense I've ever seen in a professional hockey player.

He just doesn't think the game at a high enough level. At lower levels of hockey, it doesn't matter because his physical abilties more than make up for it, but at the NHL level, I don't, and never have believed that he'll be able to produce.

You always say this. He seems to be thinking it very very high right now. Finding difficult passing lanes. Holding the puck waiting for spots to open. Has been one of the better forwards on an NHL team for three games now...

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Does he though? Even in the East, 91 is the magic target. 20 games left, Sens need 26 points. Call it 11-5-4.

Only "soft" games are Calgary, Winnipeg (both on the road), Florida, Calgary again, and the Islanders twice. Basically Ottawa has to win every single one of those, because all the other games are against playoff teams. I don't think Murray knows much other than that it's probably over. This game tonight was the proverbial must win.

We got to beat the Leafs eventually, we can split one of the two games with Tampa, we can definitely beat the Preds, Stars and Devils and we can split one of the two or take both from the Habs.

I don't think you looked at the schedule very hard.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
You're all pissing me off so much right now. 20 games left, 4 pts out.....let's throw in the towel!!!! Do any of you PLAY sports or do you just watch it?

For ****'s sake...

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
You're all pissing me off so much right now. 20 games left, 4 pts out.....let's throw in the towel!!!! Do any of you PLAY sports or do you just watch it?

For ****'s sake...

I used to believe until I hit the sombering though of actually getting anywhere once we're in the playoffs.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

For ****'s sake...

what do you think the team's chances would be IF they made the playoffs against boston or pittsburgh? is this the kind of trend we want to form here? fight for a playoff spot and get tossed out first round?
the mtl win was nice, but pitt showed how far we are.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
what do you think the team's chances would be IF they made the playoffs against boston or pittsburgh? is this the kind of trend we want to form here? fight for a playoff spot and get tossed out first round?

GTFO with that crap please. 99% of the hockey world had the Sens getting bounced by the mighty Habs last season. Some even had us getting swept or losing in 5.

Pittsburgh would smash us, but you know what? I'm not that scared of Boston to be honest.

SenatorArmy*

GTFO with that crap please. 99% of the hockey world had the Sens getting bounced by the mighty Habs last season. Some even had us getting swept or losing in 5.

Pittsburgh would smash us, but you know what? I'm not that scared of Boston to be honest.

That's the whole point though. What's the point of making the playoffs? Just to make some extra revenue? If you can't compete with the best teams there what is even the point of going?

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
That's the whole point though. What's the point of making the playoffs? Just to make some extra revenue? If you can't compete with the best teams there what is even the point of going?

It is if you are Eugene Melnyk. Which is something to be afraid of. What matters more to him - a top pick that may or may not pan out or $2 million in his pocket now?

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008

For ****'s sake...

You're being totally unrealistic in your expectations and you're angry that no one else will join you in them?

The fact is that it will be very, very difficult to get this team into the playoffs. They'll have to play like a 112+ point team for a shot (not a guarantee) playoff berth. They're on pace for 87 points this year...

It's very unlikely they make it this year. I'm sorry you can't accept it.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
There is a mathematical chance to make the playoffs. The discouraging part is that nothing in the way the team has played in the first 60 games of this season leads me to believe they will be consistent enough to pick up enough points in the final 20 games to make a real push. I could be wrong, but I would argue that this type of consistency would be completely against the grain of all that has happened so far this season.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Well it's just that kind of year then, because as I keep saying and everyone keeps ignoring....

The Wings, Devils, Caps, Jackets are not doing much better in showing they deserve a playoff spot. All of those teams have been inconsistent all season just like the Sens.

The Sens don't lay that total stinker against Detroit and people are singing a completely different tune right now.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

For ****'s sake...

We gotta go 12-5-3 to make playoffs.

We lost to Edmonton.

Lolz.

If we make a couple big trades though I can definitely see us getting that record.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I just dont see Spezza fitting in with this team in the long term picture unless we are prepared to either bring a veteran scoring winger.It's not his fault either just the dynamics of this team have changed and he is the right player to lead this team moving forward. Lets deal him to a team where he could win a cup and we can plug some holes on this team that will help us for the next 5 years.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
There is a mathematical chance to make the playoffs. The discouraging part is that nothing in the way the team has played in the first 60 games of this season leads me to believe they will be consistent enough to pick up enough points in the final 20 games to make a real push. I could be wrong, but I would argue that this type of consistency would be completely against the grain of all that has happened so far this season.
Agreed.
Well it's just that kind of year then, because as I keep saying and everyone keeps ignoring....

The Wings, Devils, Caps, Jackets are not doing much better in showing they deserve a playoff spot. All of those teams have been inconsistent all season just like the Sens.

The Sens don't lay that total stinker against Detroit and people are singing a completely different tune right now.
They have had a few stinkers including the one against Boston just before the break. There have been numerous examples this yr of them laying an egg in games they could have & should have won. It's easy to get mad for people now but where were these guys all yr? As Stefan has said they have been inconsistent all yr, this just doesn't seem to be their yr which is kind of weird since they haven't had all that many injuries this yr & actually did better when they had a number of injuries. Too many players all having a bad yr at the same time.

SenatorArmy*

he deserves to go to a better team

the last few important games he has shown up big even tonight he was all world

THis is how I feel...I like Spezza.. & losing him is a step back but he's not the leader we need. We might not even have that leader right now. When Alfredsson was captain we had character & the whole team took losing personally. Guys are just so indifferent to the outcome now. They want to win but they're not terribly upset if they don't. Spezza deserves a chance on a real contender & I think when he's gone (for whatever reason) we're just a much harder working team. Whether he's moved or not I'm prepared for the team to take a step back now & going with the youth movement Instead of giving someone the captaincy let the team forge it's own identity & the leaders will emerge organically.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Some good news is, this team is actually 1-2 pieces away which we can actually pull off tomorrow from going on a late run where we could make the playoffs.

Replace Conacher with legit top 6. Keep Ryan on first line.

Add top 4 besides Ceci and we would have won tonight no question.

SenatorArmy*

Even if we add a few nice pieces tomorrow it's still a real longshot to make the playoffs. Although I'd be all for it if the pieces we add are pieces we can hold onto. None of this "all-in" sort of deals where the guys don't even play half a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce