Speculation: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXIV: C'est la St. Louis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
What vindication? Dont think anyone denied MSL could want out of Tampa, or even that he wanted to go to NYR.

Everything else, however, still seems to be bunk. You'll have me eating crow if this winds up being a Callahan for St. Louis swap in the next 7 days.

No one denied that!? Either of those two things!? I'm sorry have you been on this, or any of HFboards for the past 3 days!?

Seriously? People have been denying EVERYTHING about this rumor since it was released. Every single element. Do I have to start digging up posts?

Please, it's one thing for people to have been wrong, or just unwilling to entertain the thought, but if we are going to start reeling and lying about it after the fact that's pretty weak.

Everything else!? LOL the only thing left is a 1 for 1 swap, that even I admit I have been skeptical on. Hahahaha, seriously, give me a break here.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
No one denied that!? Either of those two things!? I'm sorry have you been on this, or any of HFboards for the past 3 days!?

Seriously? People have been denying EVERYTHING about this rumor since it was released. Every single element. Do I have to start digging up posts?

Please, it's one thing for people to have been wrong, or just unwilling to entertain the thought, but if we are going to start reeling and lying about it after the fact that's pretty weak.

Everything else!? LOL the only thing left is a 1 for 1 swap, that even I admit I have been skeptical on. Hahahaha, seriously, give me a break here.

I cant. I enjoy your posts, but you've turned into a national enquirer reporter since Boomer Esiason made a tweet.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Well, they are 10 years apart, but that's not the point. Callahan is 28 and has had several injury riddled seasons, while MSL has been the picture of health. MSL has a year left remaining on his contract after this one. Callahan wants seven years.

If you can't see the difference between that and what you claimed, I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah, I guess we have to leave it at that then. I don't quite get why when player is young when he is 38 and the other is old when he is 27...

38 is old, very old. Does he have anything left in the tank? Quite possible. But I don't know.

Just for the record, I am not saying that Cally -- necessarily -- have his best 10 years infront of him (he could for sure but we don't know), but MSL is still very old.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Richards still needs to go. It's awkward because he could be a lot of why St. Louis and the Rangers are such a fit, it's awkward because our center depth is held together by strings, but that contract is bad news.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

I would love for you to, but try filtering out posters who lack half a brain.

The 1 for 1 swap has ALWAYS been the biggest part of this.

BarbaraAlphanse

I would love for you to, but try filtering out posters who lack half a brain.

The 1 for 1 swap has ALWAYS been the biggest part of this.

You seem to resent this trade at its foundation.

I believe you'd even be unhappy with a 1 for 1 swap.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'm hoping this happens before the deadline. Send a mid round pick and a mid level prospect with Cally. Some of you will act like that's selling the farm but the truth of the matter is the percentage than even a 1d round draft pick becomes an impact player or that one of our mid level prospects does the same , is so low.

This wouldn't be a "same old Sather move". Trading Kreider and a 1st would be. Singning MSL to a 5 year 7 million contract would be.

Cally + 2nd/3rd+ Hrivik for Marty St. Louis would be robbery considering Callys demands.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Yeah, I guess we have to leave it at that then. I don't quite get why when player is young when he is 38 and the other is old when he is 27...

38 is old, very old. Does he have anything left in the tank? Quite possible. But I don't know.

Just for the record, I am not saying that Cally -- necessarily -- have his best 10 years infront of him (he could for sure but we don't know), but MSL is still very old.

Callahan is 28, almost 29, and literally no one said he's old. He's injury prone.

FATCHAMALA11

Kneel Before Zod
Feb 16, 2006
NJ
Conor McKenna ‏@mckennaconor · 27m
Bob McKenzie tells TSN 1050 that Martin St Louis wants a trade and will only move to the Rangers. Quite the bargaining position for Yzerman.

Vidic15*

Lucky for MSL, Tampa go on a four game road trip before returning home Thursday, March 6th. The fans didn't take long to turn on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad