Speculation: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXIII: Getcha' pitchforks ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
So you're going to trade away yet another decent pick (likely a 1st), a prospect (you take out basically all of ours, so who's going) and Callahan, who can return surely, a decent grouping of picks and prospects for a 38 year old man.

I'm not saying we're moving anyone, I"m saying, like was said above me, it's not impossible to build around a good core while sacrificing older players on there way out for younger picks and prospects.

It's not a full on tank job by any means, it's called smart asset management. The good teams that are consisntely competative always do this. Miller comes up, replaces Callahan, Callahan traded for picks and prospects. Those picks and prospects come up and hopefully replace Nash, Hags, etc in a couple years. Trade them for other guys, etc.

It's actually somewhat simple, just longer term and not a quick fix.

Teams are businesses, they are LONG TERM investments. Have you ever heard of short term investments that have returns which are insanely high, because that's a farce. The rangers have been in the business of short term fixes since Sather took over and it has netted us one fantastic ECF appearance.

The rangers didn't sign Lundqvist to hold the fort while they enact that. And Lundqvist didn't sign on for that either. Again, its just not where the rangers are. You guys are beating your heads against a wall

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Yeah, I guess we have to leave it at that then. I don't quite get why when player is young when he is 38 and the other is old when he is 27...

38 is old, very old. Does he have anything left in the tank? Quite possible. But I don't know.

He had the most points last season in the shortened lock out season, and he's got 56 points already with about 20+ more games to go, most of this without Stamkos, and Lecavalier gone.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

I think the Lightning have "some interest" in trading with the Rangers

To:

St. Louis wants a trade and only to the Rangers.
bobmck.png

Doesn't seem like that startling a difference to me.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Man don't trade Girardi to the Bruins. Seeing Leetch in a Bruins jersey was bad enough (though I know he wasn't traded directly to them).

Only trade Girardi if you're gonna get back a young RD with upside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig