Speculation: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXIII: Getcha' pitchforks ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 1m
Mckenzie "my understanding is that St.Louis asked for a trade, still wants a trade and is willing to only go to the Rangers"

McKenzie "Yzerman does not feel obliged by the deadline. This could drag into the summer"

McKenzie "If your asking me whether this St.Louis - Canada thing is beating Yzerman up emotionally I'd say absolutely"

https://twitter.com/Hope_Smoke
MSL was brainwashed by Nash at the olympics!!!

But seriously, just make it happen now. Why wait? Different than Nash situation. MSL is 38. How much better will the rangers offer get in the summer.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

But seriously, just make it happen now. Why wait? Different than Nash situation. MSL is 38. How much better will the rangers offer get in the summer.

Rangers could also chose to fill the roster via FA instead of making that trade in the summer too.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn

Not to mention the assets we'd have to spend would have to be a bit different from the assets we would have to spend right now.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
dont want this to drag out like nash. If we are trading for MSL i want him now. Nash was 28 when we traded for him. he was still in his prime. I want as many playoff runs as possible from MSL if we are really going for him.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'm liking this.

Love when valuable players with NMCs force their way to us. :nod:

Hopefully we can pick him up by the deadline without making too much of a dent in our roster. If we move essentially Callahan and picks for MSL, this team turns into an instant contender, IMO. I'd be extremely confident going up against the Boston's/Pittsburgh's.

More moves necessary. We need more grinders if we lose Cally. I like the base move, but there needs to be a follow up.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That LA team, prior to the trade for Carter was insanely underperforming. There depth was double what the Rangers is. For starters, they had Kopitar and Richards down the middle, both of whom are better then any Rangers center.

Eh, they were deeper at center, doesn't make their depth double ours.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
MSL is 11 years older than Cally. Many are against Cally because of his age.

I'm against Callahan for 2 different reasons than his age.. 1.. He can't stay on the ice anymore without missing at least a week here, a month there, etc. Thats not going to get any better.

2. He's not worth more than Joe Thornton signed for.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
More moves necessary. We need more grinders if we lose Cally. I like the base move, but there needs to be a follow up.

Meh. We have four very solid lines right now. Adding MSL gives us an extremely balanced top-9, and our fourth line is among the best in the league, IMO. Add in our great blueline and Hank, and this team is a contender.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Sweet vindication, so close.

Also agreed. I think Sather does this deal now, or not at all. This isn't a 10 years younger Rick Nash. I understand MSL is a beast and could very well play until he is 42, but I don't know if this is worth it to either side to drag on in to the summer. Find the best deal now and get the most out of him.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@mckennaconor: Bob McKenzie tells TSN 1050 that Martin St Louis wants a trade and will only move to the Rangers. Quite the bargaining position for Yzerman.â€

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
dont want this to drag out like nash. If we are trading for MSL i want him now. Nash was 28 when we traded for him. he was still in his prime. I want as many playoff runs as possible from MSL if we are really going for him.

I agree, I'd want him for a playoff run this year and a full season and playoff run next year at least.

LORENZO

Jan 1, 2014
output_HSY9sO.gif

BarbaraAlphanse

Meh. We have four very solid lines right now. Adding MSL gives us an extremely balanced top-9, and our fourth line is among the best in the league, IMO. Add in our great blueline and Hank, and this team is a contender.

I don't disagree with your assessment. I think we're a contender as is. But we'll take a huge physical beating against Boston, or even Pitt - a team that is regarded as relatively soft.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Prices tend to be higher at the deadline. Remember what CLB wanted for Nash in season during '11-'12?

I meant that we won't have a Callahan rental anymore. Who knows at that point what we'd have and even if we would be willing to spend them.

I can see Sather wanting MSL for the rest of this season and next. But in the summer...? Meh.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
MSL is 11 years older than Cally. Many are against Cally because of his age.

Well, they are 10 years apart, but that's not the point. Callahan is 28 and has had several injury riddled seasons, while MSL has been the picture of health. MSL has a year left remaining on his contract after this one. Callahan wants seven years.

If you can't see the difference between that and what you claimed, I don't know what to tell you.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Sweet vindication, so close.

Also agreed. I think Sather does this deal now, or not at all. This isn't a 10 years younger Rick Nash. I understand MSL is a beast and could very well play until he is 42, but I don't know if this is worth it to either side to drag on in to the summer. Find the best deal now and get the most out of him.

What vindication? Dont think anyone denied MSL could want out of Tampa, or even that he wanted to go to NYR.

Everything else, however, still seems to be bunk. You'll have me eating crow if this winds up being a Callahan for St. Louis swap in the next 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig