Speculation: Trade / Roster Speculation Thread XXXIII: Clever Title Pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsniper11x

Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, you're right. Nash is going to waive a NMC to move from New York, a perennial playoff appearing team, for Florida, a team that may or may not be up and coming.

Pray tell why Florida would give us the assets we desire for Nash?

If they're not giving us Huberdeau, Bjugstad, or Barkov in return (which they're not), why are we even talking to Florida? We're not, because Nash isn't going to waive his NMC to go there.

But does he want to deal with a season full of MSG boo birds? He doesn't strike me as the type to rise to that kind of adversity. While i don't love the idea of booing players, that's one areas where it can be helpful.

If we can get him to agree to a reasonable list of teams and can eat $1.5-2.0mm of salary, he could fetch a decent return. Not top prospects, but there are plenty of desperate GMs out there who NEED to make the playoffs.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
I thought we did not have to honor it since it was technically voided from the trade to NY?

I think the team who is trading for a player who has voided his clause can chose to honor it or not, please correct me. If true however we might not be in that tough of a bargaining position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad