Speculation: Trade / Roster Speculation Thread XXXI: As the bell gently tolls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sexton11

Nov 30, 2011
Vancouver Island
I just worry that this trade is just the latest "one player away" move.

Should St. Louis improve the team? Offensively he should. But the team is now older, smaller and softer. I still don't see who is the finisher is for MSL (unless Nash or MSL is going to switch wings). They still lack consistently down the middle.

Could help Hagelin or Kreider pot a few more. He definatly makes players around hi better. Also, MSL can be MSL's finisher as he has 29 goals.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Very legit points. My fear is St. Louis will move Zuccerello off the powerplay ala Shanny and Prucha. Still, the Rangers had to make that deal.

I think we are going to see another move today for size on the wing. My fear is we are going to see Hagelin moved before 3:00 for a winger with size.
I really hope not.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Very legit points. My fear is St. Louis will move Zuccerello off the powerplay ala Shanny and Prucha. Still, the Rangers had to make that deal.

I think we are going to see another move today for size on the wing. My fear is we are going to see Hagelin moved before 3:00 for a winger with size.

Admittedly, my ability to evaluate this trade is clouded as I am a big Callahan fan.

The biggest part is, this can't be the only thing they make.

BarbaraAlphanse

Again:

1) Lack grit
2) Lack goal stuffer on 2nd liner
3) No resolution on Stralman
4) No point shot

Expect more moves by 3 from us. Minor or not. Expect more.

Tomas Sandstrom 28

Aug 3, 2005
If you're going all in might as well really go for it. I expect another deal for the Rangers. I'm thinking a 5-6 Dman or a forward with size

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
And the other stuff?

Only time will tell.

Obviously the team got older here (although I'd argue MSL has about as many years on his wheels as Callahan does), and I suppose softer as well. I don't really think the team got that much smaller necessarily, as MSL is a scrappy player a la MZA, who I'd say has probably been the least soft player on NYR this season.

I agree that this team is still shallow down the middle, which is worrisome versus PIT/BOS. However, MSL has pretty much excelled in working with non-exceptional players to continue to produce, so I think his addition to a line would more than balance out the fact he's playing with Brassard or Richards with them at essentially 2C.

I think what's getting lost here too is while MSL has essentially been a playmaker with Stamkos on his line, he's not exactly a non-scoring winger.

InvalidBeard

Aug 11, 2008
NJ
I think what's getting lost here too is while MSL has essentially been a playmaker with Stamkos on his line, he's not exactly a non-scoring winger.

He's awesome. Throwing in my non-substantive full-support of the deal. My only jersey is a Callahan, but got my fill. Miller, you're up!

sexton11

Nov 30, 2011
Vancouver Island
Only time will tell.

Obviously the team got older here (although I'd argue MSL has about as many years on his wheels as Callahan does), and I suppose softer as well. I don't really think the team got that much smaller necessarily, as MSL is a scrappy player a la MZA, who I'd say has probably been the least soft player on NYR this season.

I agree that this team is still shallow down the middle, which is worrisome versus PIT/BOS. However, MSL has pretty much excelled in working with non-exceptional players to continue to produce, so I think his addition to a line would more than balance out the fact he's playing with Brassard or Richards with them at essentially 2C.

hesgotlegs.jpg

Smaller heightwise, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad