Speculation: Trade / Roster Speculation Thread XXXI: As the bell gently tolls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Is he going to push us over the top though? At his age? I am not arguing that he can't be an excellent complimentary piece. But that would mean our window is this season and next imo.

I don't see us competing this playoff. I still think we have a few holes that need to be addressed for the next.
But if you can get him now, you do it...regardless of how you see the team this year. He will be here next year too and potentially a 3rd and 4th year on 1-year deals. Then you go find a top center or develop one.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Who doesn't put us over the top, plays a position where we don't need help and has a shelf life of, what, 2-3 years? Brilliant.

I really wonder how many of the folks who are rabid to get MSL have been fans for more than 10 years...

I understand this point of view. I just feel like - there are only so many elite players in the game. If it comes down to 3pm, and Tampa is saying here, you can have Marty for Kristo, a 1st, and a 3rd, I would have a tough time not caving and giving up the 1st.

I do agree that in the past, we have been burned by similar deals. I don't agree that that necessarily means we will be burned by this one. And again, you don't want Callahan signed, right? If we get St. Louis, and recoup some of the assets we gave up by trading Callahan, would you not be happy? The odds of Kristo, a 1st, and a 3rd, ever combining to be nearly as valuable as St. Louis will be the next 3 years are extraordinarily small.

Ardi44

Jan 31, 2011
I understand this point of view. I just feel like - there are only so many elite players in the game. If it comes down to 3pm, and Tampa is saying here, you can have Marty for Kristo, a 1st, and a 3rd, I would have a tough time not caving and giving up the 1st.

I do agree that in the past, we have been burned by similar deals. I don't agree that that necessarily means we will be burned by this one. And again, you don't want Callahan signed, right? If we get St. Louis, and recoup some of the assets we gave up by trading Callahan, would you not be happy? The odds of Kristo, a 1st, and a 3rd, ever combining to be nearly as valuable as St. Louis will be the next 3 years are extraordinarily small.

Agreed 100%. If you dont have to trade any of the D prospects and maybe have to throw in Hagelin, the deal has to be made. Cant miss on an elite scorer. With the emergence of MZA, hagelin has become redundant in my opinion

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com

Completely agree with you..that being said...I'm a huge MSL fan:laugh:

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
But if you can get him now, you do it...regardless of how you see the team this year. He will be here next year too and potentially a 3rd and 4th year on 1-year deals. Then you go find a top center or develop one.

I guess it depends on what we are giving. But if its a huge package of young players(I would bet it is); I don't know how that helps the Rangers.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Status quo. Get Jimmy Boy his 6 or 7 home playoff dates, rinse and repeat. MSL will make them more dangerous not doubt, will not prevent another exit at the hands of the Bruins or Pens.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
WTF TSN just showed an MSL montage to some song that went, "Help is onnnn the wayyyy."

Foreshadowing.

Traderalways

Oct 27, 2011
Thank god calley doesn't give in on the NMC... Doesn't he just realize at 6 million for 6 years it is ALREADY A GUARANTEED NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE!!! LOL

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Trading multiple futures for a 38 year old. There's the rangers I know and hate
I understand MSL is old BUT the guy is still a bigtime scorer and we need more offense. I mean right now zuccarello nash kreider and zuccarello pretty much carry the offense so we need another offensive weapon. I understand people love Callahan's heart but unfortunetly just heart alone wont help you win games especially for 6.3 million per year

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 5s
#Lightning ask from #Rangers remains extremely high 4 Marty St Louis. Probability is he finishes yr out in TB, Yzerman revisits @ #NHL draft

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Thank god calley doesn't give in on the NMC... Doesn't he just realize at 6 million for 6 years it is ALREADY A GUARANTEED NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE!!! LOL
Very true :laugh: The only reason Buffalo would give him that money is because they have had a fire sale and have much cap space for even a bad contract

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 5s
#Lightning ask from #Rangers remains extremely high 4 Marty St Louis. Probability is he finishes yr out in TB, Yzerman revisits @ #NHL draft

That sucks. But yeah, their asking price should be high. Although it seems like Kypreos is just guessing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad