Speculation: Trade / Roster Speculation Thread XXIX: Down To The Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Here's a question, Sather:

What does it tell you that 99% of fans hate that this is going to happen? And let's face it, this isn't exactly Michal Rozsival. This is one of the most beloved players in Rangers history.

I really hate Sather, but I hate Dolan even more for his apathy.

I don't think that the majority of the fans who go to the games have as much of a problem with it like we do. I'd like to think that fans on HF know more about the business side of hockey than most other fans.

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
So ****ing pissed, this is such ********. Absolutely terrible contract for a player who does absolutely ****ing nothing. Useless and overpaid. Here you have it everyone, Drury 2.0! :shakehead:

EDIT: IS THERE ANY HOPE?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
@RealKyper: #bluejackets Gaborik name picking up steam. Now becoming a cheaper alternative for a few teams looking for scoring like the #Kings.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
I have to say, Bartlett played Sather like a ****ing fiddle. No matter what spin the Rangers organization puts on this Bartlett just bended Sather over and ****ed his ****.

1) Bartlett knows Callahan wants to stay.
2) Bartlett comes out with outrageous demands that kills Callahan's trade value as anything more than a rental, knowing full well they will have to come down to sign with the Rangers.
3) Sather is backed into the wall because he either trades the Captain for subpar value as a rental, let's the Captain walk, or he re-signs him to a terribly overpriced deal.
4) Sather eventually caves because of the PR disaster faced with either letting Callahan walk or trading him for what is perceived as poor value.
5) Callahan "comes down" to a "respectable" number knowing full well that he is already getting paid well over his value.

Sather must be crying in a corner.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

You guys remember that feeling?

That feeling when you plopped on hfboards. And opened two tabs - Main trade forum. And the Rangers forum. And you saw:

Confirmed with Link:

And before your eyes finished reading the rest of the sentence this awful feeling started brewing in your stomach. And lasted. And lasted. And lasted. Until the day Redden was bought out?

Prepare for it. :facepalm:

Embrace the Suck. It'll hurt less. I think.

Sigh . . . . . . . .

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I don't think that the majority of the fans who go to the games have as much of a problem with it like we do. I'd like to think that fans on HF know more about the business side of hockey than most other fans.

Yeah, the fair-weather businessmen who go to games just because they can...but that's a topic for another time.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I have to say, Bartlett played Sather like a ****ing fiddle. No matter what spin the Rangers organization puts on this Bartlett just bended Sather over and ****ed his ****.

2) Bartlett comes out with outrageous demands that kills Callahan's trade value as anything more than a rental, knowing full well they will have to come down to sign with the Rangers.
3) Sather is backed into the wall because he either trades the Captain for subpar value as a rental, let's the Captain walk, or he re-signs him to a terribly overpriced deal.
4) Sather eventually caves because of the PR disaster faced with either letting Callahan walk or trading him for what is perceived as poor value.
5) Callahan "comes down" to a "respectable" number knowing full well that he is already getting paid well over his value.

I doubt it, hes probsably lighting up a stoagie in celebration because he's convinced himself he's made a great deal.

BarbaraAlphanse

But seriously, I could see our roster constructed like such by tomorrow at 3:

Kreider-Step-Nash
Miller-Kesler-Callahan
Poo-Richards-Zucc
4th line

KreiMeARiver*

@RealKyper: #bluejackets Gaborik name picking up steam. Now becoming a cheaper alternative for a few teams looking for scoring like the #Kings.

I mean.....I'd kick the tires.... crazy?

Refresh. Refresh. Pepto. Refresh. Refresh. Advil. Refresh.

This is why i took off from work today.

haha today AND tomorrow?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

All well and good except Sather doesn't give a damn about PR

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

Nice summary. This is why well run franchises lock up or trade their core before they are months from hitting UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad