Speculation: Trade / Roster Speculation Thread XXIX: Down To The Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I really don't think they could build a serious cup contending team with $15MM tied up between a declining winger and a goalie. Tied up way too much money with Hank.

Basically. I don't mind the look of Callahan on a rebuilding team because in the Bad Years, there will be a ton of guys getting better and picking up the slack. Callahan, Nash, Lundqvist and Richards (PLEASE don't keep him :cry:) will all be riding out the same decline at the same time.

Balej20

Jan 4, 2013
Resign Cally at 6 yrs for around 36 million, buyout Richards at the end of the yr and go from there. Do not blow up the roster for Yakupov because he is going to be like Kovalev .

Yakupov can only pray he turns out to be anything close to the player Kovalev was.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
my level of anger will be off the charts if we resign cally and do absolutely nothing else.

do i believe we are good enough to go on a hot streak and win some games ? yes.

do i believe we are talented enough to compete against teams who went out and got better while we stayed the same ? no.

do i believe we will continue to struggle to score goals ? yes.

am i bummed cally will be on this team for 6 more years. yes.

this is setting up to be a very bad day in rangerland.

the only saving grace will be the comic hilarity that will ensue when the extension is announced and all the HF bodies start piling up under bridges and tall buildings. :laugh:

KreiMeARiver*

I'm hearing Rick Nash was just traded for Ron Low's dead cat's ashes in a Mountain Dew can.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Here's a question, Sather:

What does it tell you that 99% of fans hate that this is going to happen? And let's face it, this isn't exactly Michal Rozsival. This is one of the most beloved players in Rangers history.

I really hate Sather, but I hate Dolan even more for his apathy.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
at least we don't lose cally for nothing. maybe in a year we flip him to buffalo for some legit assets.

BarbaraAlphanse

Sather:

Resigns Cally.

Fans revolt/rejoice.

Trades Brassard Hagelin/Miller and a 2nd for Kessler.

RonGreschner

Apr 9, 2007
Kovalev was horrible on the Rangers, way too much Brighton Beach nights. He couldn't play in the bright lights of NYC. However every where else he was awesome.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
The only comfort we will have is with each other in the confines of cyberspace. No one else cares, nor should they. How depressing.

This team sucks. If Sather does this it will be one of the most disappointing days as a Rangers fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad