Speculation: Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread III It's Christmas, will we get diamonds or coal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
For the record, Chicago will have to move either a roster player or signed prospect if they're to make another trade. Per Chris Block, they're at the 50-contract limit with the acquisition of Handzus.

Yep. At this point the only position Bowman even should consider trading for is #2C, and a roster player would have to go for there even to be room for that player in a fully-healthy Chicago lineup.

At this point I don't expect another move. Not many sellers.
Hawks can win the Cup with the roster as currently constructed, although I'd certainly feel much better with Bolland on the third line and a true second line center. But what are you going to do? Nigh-on impossible to put together a perfectly complete team in the cap era.

SLarmer28*

I'd feel better with a goaltender upgrade. Crawford seems to be rounding in to playoff form.
Mike Gillis will be happy to hear that. The bidding for Luongo will start with Dave Bolland plus a 2013 first round draft pick at a minimum.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Bolland for Luongo :laugh:

exactly what we need. NOT

rather get Ott for Bolland and ship Ott to the Nucks... ;)

Sir Psycho T

More Cowbell!
Oct 1, 2008
Redwood City, CA
I'd feel better with a goaltender upgrade. Crawford seems to be rounding in to playoff form.

You and I are a few of the people who despite his better play aren't sold on Crawford and it's nights like this that show why. He is solid but at times he also has times like this where you just scratch your head and wonder what did he do there. Would be worried if he is the guy we go into the playoffs with and need to win.

RBear

Mar 17, 2013
UK
Joe Pavelski

Would it be worth going for Pavelski? Something along the lines of bolland, morin and a 2014 1st/2nd? I'm not the best at knowing value but it works for us because he's a good 2nd line center, who can win in the dot and is very good defensively. Just wondering what you guys think?

Edit: good cap hit as well

Hawks82

Dec 4, 2011
Would it be worth going for Pavelski? Something along the lines of bolland, morin and a 2014 1st/2nd? I'm not the best at knowing value but it works for us because he's a good 2nd line center, who can win in the dot and is very good defensively. Just wondering what you guys think?

Edit: good cap hit as well

I don't think the Hawks have or would be willing to give up what it would take to get him. I doubt that the Sharks would trade him unless they were blown away by an offer.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
...but the West trade with West teams all the time...

Ken Holland to USA Today: “Nobody in the West wants to help anybody in the West, other than a couple of teams that might feel they’re out."

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Prospect + 1st isn't free

Clearly they wanted more than a prospect and a pick for Roy. They wanted a NHL player. Perhaps Saad and a 1st could have gone for 1 year or Roy. The problem with all of the trades on this board is that people want to give up prospects we don't care about....there's a reason people are ready to deal the Hayes brother or Pirri, or Morin. Other GM's (other than Feaster) aren't stupid.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
other teams have needs too and some of them need to get younger. Problem is that those teams are in win now mode. Wings would be SMART dealing Filppula away for youth

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
^
Why shouldn't people be pissed?

You and others kept saying "Who is available" ,, Well a rival just got a real #2 C for affordable cost

Bowman blew it ,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad