Speculation: Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread II (NHL rumors/trades talk in here as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLarmer28*

Just trade the damn Hayes brothers to Florida for Marcel Goc and promote Jeremy Morin from Rockford.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Roy just doesn't help that much, if we are trading a 1st, I want a difference maker or a hard nosed player.

Roy just adds to the list of soft forwards we already have. He's a bit better offensively than Bolland, but not near as good defensively.

I would trade McNeill and Smith for him, but not a 2013 1st.

You gotta buy what's out there. So would you give a 1st for Ott, he seems to fit your description.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Roy just doesn't help that much, if we are trading a 1st, I want a difference maker or a hard nosed player.

Roy just adds to the list of soft forwards we already have. He's a bit better offensively than Bolland, but not near as good defensively.

Here is how he helps. He makes the 2nd line more potent on offense allowing Bolland to go to the 3rd line which makes the 3rd line better defensively which allows Shaw to move down to the 4th line which gives the 4th line more speed and scoring and allows Mayers/Carcillo/Bollig to stay in the press box.

He helps not only the 2nd line, but all lines.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Agreed, you could say the same thing about the Oduya or Campoli trades. That was a fairly weak deadline by the Hawks and I wasn't happy about that either, believe me. Just because it was Tallon doesn't mean I wasn't disappointed and discouraged by our Cup chances because of it.

I like how you're still running on the delusion that the Oduya trade was bad.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Here is how he helps. He makes the 2nd line more potent on offense allowing Bolland to go to the 3rd line which makes the 3rd line better defensively which allows Shaw to move down to the 4th line which gives the 4th line more speed and scoring and allows Mayers/Carcillo/Bollig to stay in the press box.

He helps not only the 2nd line, but all lines.
Just not enough of a difference to justify trading a 1st + for him.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

Pay attention to his season. He's a +6 playing with Eriksson/Robidas on a team full of minus players. He's on the ice for more shots for than against, he steals the puck more than he throws it away, he's good at the cycle and on the boards. Top six forwards aren't supposed to lay back in their zone, keep guys on the perimeter, and block shots. Put him with Sharp/Hossa.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Man Chiarelli gave a news conference about the Iginla trade. Sounds like Boston really got screwed.

SLarmer28*

That's because it wasn't a blockbuster as opposed to a valuable piece to the puzzle. Thank god for that trade because Leddy is worthless on the PK unit.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
So, unless Chicago gets an old star, or current star, every year, their deadlines are unsuccessful?

Oduya's turned out to be an excellent pick-up. He's solidified the top-4 and allowed Leddy to thrive on the third pairing. Saying that deal was anything less than impactful/significant for how this years shaped up is deluded.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Definitely, but is he available?

I'd guess no since he is signed next year too and is a good player. You could always try to blow them away though, if you think that is the critical piece. There has to be a point where they can't say no, might be TT straight up or something like that but I think there is a point you could get them to do it.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
So, unless Chicago gets an old star, or current star, every year, their deadlines are unsuccessful?

Oduya's turned out to be an excellent pick-up. He's solidified the top-4 and allowed Leddy to thrive on the third pairing. Saying that deal was anything less than impactful/significant for how this years shaped up is deluded.

Not only was the trade bad but OMFG OVERPAYMMENTTT!!!!! on the extension.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Just not enough of a difference to justify trading a 1st + for him.

Didn't I just see a post of yours, saying McNeill + Smith for him? McNeill's more vaulable than Chicago's 1st this year.

Chicago's been developing McNeill for two years and he's not far from contributing to the NHL. Whoever you get in the 1st round this year isn't going to come close to contributing in the NHL for 3-5 years.

I'd put the value of our prospects vs. our first at:

Teravainen
Danault
McNeill
Clendening
Morin
2013 1st
Pirri
Johns
J.Hayes
K.Kayes

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

That's a delusion. I said it wasn't impactful to put the team over the top. We're basically undefeated with him in the regular season and played like absolute dog **** in the playoffs with him where he was probably the worst player on the ice. So there is no straight answer on him. By and large, he's helped but if he gets the yips in the playoffs again, then what. I'm leaving that one where it is.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Pay attention to his season. He's a +6 playing with Eriksson/Robidas on a team full of minus players. He's on the ice for more shots for than against, he steals the puck more than he throws it away, he's good at the cycle and on the boards. Top six forwards aren't supposed to lay back in their zone, keep guys on the perimeter, and block shots. Put him with Sharp/Hossa.

Eriksson is one of the best defensive forwards in the game, and he plays with Jagr. (not Robidas?)

He's just a player we don't really need. He'd be an improvement over Bolland but there are 2 factors for me that make me want to say no.

He's not a big/physical/face off guy.
He's not signed beyond this year, so next year we are again searching for a #2 C and are without a great 1st round pick in the draft.

SLarmer28*

Teravainen
Danault
McNeill
Clendening
Morin
2013 1st
Pirri
Johns
J.Hayes
K.Kayes
I may rate Johns ahead of Pirri since there is no evidence whatsoever that Pirri will ever be promoted.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Didn't I just see a post of yours, saying McNeill + Smith for him? McNeill's more vaulable than Chicago's 1st this year.

Chicago's been developing McNeill for two years and he's not far from contributing to the NHL. Whoever you get in the 1st round this year isn't going to come close to contributing in the NHL for 3-5 years.

Teravainen
Danault
McNeill
Clendening
Morin
2013 1st
Pirri
Johns
J.Hayes
K.Kayes

I disagree.I would trade Clendening, McNeill and Morin before the 2013 1st.
But not everyone is going to have the same list.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Eriksson is one of the best defensive forwards in the game, and he plays with Jagr. (not Robidas?)

He's just a player we don't really need. He'd be an improvement over Bolland but there are 2 factors for me that make me want to say no.

He's not signed beyond this year, so next year we are again searching for a #2 C and are without a great 1st round pick in the draft.

He's a .78 ppg player for his career. For comparsion Patrick Sharp is a .68 ppg player.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

Jagr plays with Benn, and sometimes they load up with Eriksson there too. It won't be a "great" first round pick. His puck management and responsible play are more important than how many hits he throws per game. We need a responsible centerman and Jordan Staal is no longer available, the big guys skilled enough to play 2C at a high level are not going anywhere.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
That's a delusion. I said it wasn't impactful to put the team over the top. We're basically undefeated with him in the regular season and played like absolute dog **** in the playoffs with him where he was probably the worst player on the ice. So there is no straight answer on him. By and large, he's helped but if he gets the yips in the playoffs again, then what. I'm leaving that one where it is.

Toews, Kane and Sharp not scoring was a bigger reason why we lost than Johnny Oduya and Nick Leddy's bad play as a pair. They were awful as a pairing, yet Oduya got all the heat.

SLarmer28*

Man Chiarelli gave a news conference about the Iginla trade. Sounds like Boston really got screwed.
Meanwhile, conditional first round picks are worthless. Maybe Chiarelli needs to really step up the plate next time.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011

This draft is deep, that doesn't mean it's deep in high-end offensive players though. You're looking at more Danault's, McNeill's, Johns', etc where Chicago will be picking. Good prospects, projectably good Pros, but no real standout offensive players that project to be big-time producers in the NHL.

That's why I'm saying, with having already take a few years to develope McNeill, Morin and Clendening, there's no sense in trading them over trading Chicago's 1st round pick.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Jagr plays with Benn, and sometimes they load up with Eriksson there too. It won't be a "great" first round pick. His puck management and responsible play are more important than how many hits he throws per game. We need a responsible centerman and Jordan Staal is no longer available, the big guys skilled enough to play 2C at a high level are not going anywhere.

No he doesn't.

LOUI ERIKSSON

DEREK ROY

JAROMIR JAGR

4.21%

Roy has played mostly with those guys.

He is not that responsible, and he's a vanilla forward on this team.

SLarmer28*

Toews, Kane and Sharp not scoring was a bigger reason why we lost than Johnny Oduya and Nick Leddy's bad play as a pair. They were awful as a pairing, yet Oduya got all the heat.
Hossa's concussion plus Crawford's inexcusable goaltending were also factors in last season's NHL playoffs against the Coyotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad