Speculation: Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread II (NHL rumors/trades talk in here as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Caps continue to falter

Ribiero would look so nice between Sharp and Hossa

Ribiero is not good on faceoffs but he's a pretty good playmaker and more importantly he's on an expiring contract. With his playmaking ability, I might rather have Kane and Ribiero on separate lines.

Either

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Ribiero-Hossa

or

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-Ribiero-Hossa

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ribiero is not good on faceoffs but he's a pretty good playmaker and more importantly he's on an expiring contract. With his playmaking ability, I might rather have Kane and Ribiero on separate lines.

Either

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Ribiero-Hossa

or

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-Ribiero-Hossa

Ribiero setting up Hossa/Sharp shots :amazed:

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

Yeah I think I prefer that option too. And then of course it sets up lines 3 & 4 very nicely too. The only question there would be whether to keep 29-65-25 together and put Bolland with Kruger and Frolik in a more traditional checking line. That would give the Hawks two #1 lines and two #3 lines. There won't be enough ice time :laugh:

Lines 3 & 4 options:

Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg
Kruger-Bolland-Frolik

or

Bickell-Bolland-Stalberg
Shaw-Kruger-Frolik

I think I like option #1 best. Q can use either line as the checking line depending which line is playing best that particular game.

Saad-Toews-Kane - Line1A
Sharp-Ribiero-Hossa - Line1b
Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg - Line3A
Kruger-Bolland-Frolik - Line3B

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Yeah I think I prefer that option too. And then of course it sets up lines 3 & 4 very nicely too. The only question there would be whether to keep 29-65-25 together and put Bolland with Kruger and Frolik in a more traditional checking line. That would give the Hawks two #1 lines and two #3 lines. There won't be enough ice time :laugh:

Lines 3 & 4 options:

Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg
Kruger-Bolland-Frolik

or

Bickell-Bolland-Stalberg
Shaw-Kruger-Frolik

I think I like option #1 best. Q can use either line as the checking line depending which line is playing best that particular game.

Saad-Toews-Kane - Line1A

Wow, talk about depth.

Kane At Mifflin

Jan 24, 2012

Ribby is one of the players I would give up a decent amount for with intention to resign long term. We slot him in at 2C for the next few years, trade bolly in offseason to clear out the cap space to pay Ribby an extension and slot in Shaw in bolly spot. He is just one of them guys that comes in year in and year out and puts up big time points on bad teams. I think he'd fit like a glove in at 2C with two snipers in Sharp and Hossa and let Kane move back with Toews, which has always been a money line.

LarmerSavardSecord

Jun 12, 2010
Wicker Park
Ribero is a nice fit and the hawks should pursue it. We have to believe that Bolland is a much player at this point than Shaw on the 3rd line, so he slots back there. Shaw’s style is well-suited for 4th line duty – even if he’s capable of doing more - so no problem there. Better team.

It would be a defendable go-for-it move. But know he’s a rental. It’s a paradox where if he does well here he’ll want money the Hawks can’t give, and if he doesn’t it was a bad trade. And it's really hard to outbid every other team - and #2Cs are in high demand - when you're not desperate and don't see the player fitting into your future.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
It would be a defendable go-for-it move.

That's exactly right. In fact "going for it" should mean "really going for it" - no half measures. Using that philosophy, here are the moves I would make if I were Stan. The proposed acquisitions are rentals - both players have expiring contracts so there would be no impact on the salary cap going into next season. They would fit under the salary cap based on pro-rating when the acquisitions happen. Both acquisitions would cost prospects only, but the details are left to your imagination.

Acquisition #1: Mike Ribiero. Washington will be in sell mode before most of the other teams. Get this trade done within the week so Ribiero can get in and get comfortable and start serving up assists.

Acquisition #2: Lubomir Visnovsky. The Islander still have a shot at the playoffs so they may wait another couple weeks before they pull the plug on the season and try to save a few bucks. Visnovsky will pair with Leddy on the 3rd pairing and be the PP QB the Hawks need.

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Ribiero-Hossa
Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg
Kruger-Bolland-Frolik
Carcillo

Keith-Seabrook
Oduya-Hjalmarsson
Leddy-Visnovsky
Roszival/Brookbank

Crawford
Enery

KanetoToews2883

Sep 14, 2011
I think the guy I want most is Sam Gagner. I know it's been a while but Kane and Gagner played together in London. So there's some familiarity there.

Gagner is making 3.25 mil and is a RFA next year... so acquiring him means either bye bye Hammer or bye bye Bolly.

The Oilers supposedly might be entertaining moving him... maybe it works out here.

DCSemi

Jan 6, 2012
I think the guy I want most is Sam Gagner. I know it's been a while but Kane and Gagner played together in London. So there's some familiarity there.

Gagner is making 3.25 mil and is a RFA next year... so acquiring him means either bye bye Hammer or bye bye Bolly.

The Oilers supposedly might be entertaining moving him... maybe it works out here.

I'm not sure if I'd like to say "Bye Bye" to Hammer...

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Lines 3 & 4 options:

Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg
Kruger-Bolland-Frolik

or

Bickell-Bolland-Stalberg
Shaw-Kruger-Frolik

Saad-Toews-Kane - Line1A
Yeah, option 1 is pretty much what I suggested in the player usage chart thread. Didn't think about flipping Kane and Hossa, but I really like that idea. Holy crap would this team be insane! My biggest worry would be finding enough ice time for 3B. Great problem to have!

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I like that idea of getting Visnovsky as a PP QB.

Visnovsky and Leddy at the point with Kane, Toews, and Hossa on the first unit has the potential to be insane.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Gagner instead of those 2? No thanks.

KanetoToews2883

Sep 14, 2011
Gagner instead of those 2? No thanks.

Bolland is going to want to make more than the 3.5 he's making right now... And the Hawks can't afford him anyway....His skill set has proven to be best on a non scoring line, he can't be our 2nd C.... it might be time for us to part ways with him

We're going to have to lose one of them anyway...or lose Stalberg...Bickell...etc.. another mini cap crisis is coming...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Bolland is going to want to make more than the 3.5 he's making right now... And the Hawks can't afford him anyway....His skill set has proven to be best on a non scoring line, he can't be our 2nd C.... it might be time for us to part ways with him

We're going to have to lose one of them anyway...or lose Stalberg...Bickell...etc.. another mini cap crisis is coming...

..and Gagner is going to want 4+ probably...at least.

Hawks can afford him, and can't afford to lose him unless it's a clear upgrade. Gagner isn't an upgrade. Hes better offensively, but his D is miles away from Bollands.

I would rather lose both Stalberg and Bickell than Bolland.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Gagner at 4 could end up better than Bolland at 4

Gagner is a #2 Center. Shaw can take Bollands #3 spot (or Krüger, who knows.) One of them will be our #3 C of the future.

I wouldn't be against adding Gagner within the next 2-3 weeks and trade Bolland in the summer if needed.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Gagner at 4 could end up better than Bolland at 4

Gagner is a #2 Center. Shaw can take Bollands #3 spot (or Krüger, who knows.) One of them will be our #3 C of the future.

I wouldn't be against adding Gagner within the next 2-3 weeks and trade Bolland in the summer if needed.

Say goodbye to having a C that can shut down the opposing teams top line. If you think Shaw or Kruger can do that, you're crazy.

No thanks to Gagner, especially at $4mil/year.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Say goodbye to having a C that can shut down the opposing teams top line. If you think Shaw or Kruger can do that, you're crazy.

No thanks to Gagner, especially at $4mil/year.

Agreed. Gagne is talented offensively but at this point in time, this team does not need a one-dimensional forward with little or no grit / physicality to their game…. and especially so at that price tag. Stan needs to be careful as to how he spends the relatively small cap space we have. I still like Iginla as a rental.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Ribiero and Visnovsky wouldn't be bad choices all.

Visnovsky would finally be on a team worth playing for, maybe that would help his game.

sunsoutgunsout

#redacted
Jan 14, 2013
Ribiero and Visnovsky wouldn't be bad choices all.

Visnovsky would finally be on a team worth playing for, maybe that would help his game.

I have no idea what NYI would even want for him. Would they be absolutely set on getting back the pick they gave up for him?

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
no wonder Bobby would want Iginla :laugh:

bye bye 1st + much more without having a chance to keep that player after the POs

I'd take Gagner over Bolland after this season tbh
Younger, fast and fits the team and does not have that injury history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad