Speculation: Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread II (NHL rumors/trades talk in here as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Well, I wanted them last year and they got traded. Obviously, if they both resigned, that would mean they weren't available. As far as me not understanding hockey at all, if you really believe that, then go right ahead and believe that. I'm not going to argue with you about a statement like that at all.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I'm guessing Saad+ would be the asking price and Bowman isn't going to give that up.

They may be asking for Saad, but at the end of the day they will take what they can get. Look at what teams were offering for Iggy, certainly not their best prospects.

A 1st and some stuff would get him.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
coldsteel...so your only two options that you want that you wont rip bowman apart is to get either ROY or Ribeiro?

what happens if ribeiro is resigning in washington like he hinted at

What is Roy is only available for Saad+

Is bowman such an idiot for not doing that? I dont think u understand hockey at ALL

It's not that he doesn't understand hockey, he just has no idea (like the rest of us) what goes into making a significant trade and what the terms/players wanted to get good players are.

The difference between most of us and coldsteel is that, most of us can rationally break down what the other team wanted vs. the potential impact of said player and come to a resonable conclusion as to whether it was a good thing or bad thing not to make a trade - If Bowman could have even made the trade at all.

If coldsteel's world, Chicago should be a favourite for every player and should have no problem attaining any player they want. It's simply not the case.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
According to Eklund (I know I know...) we are on Derek Roy... what do you guys think about that??

If they're only focusing on Saad they're being silly, we have a lot of good things in the pipeline and Roy is a RENTAL.

Roy would be a fantastic addition though if we rolled Sharp/Roy/Kane or Hossa. Everything he lacks in flashy play he makes up for in his responsibility on both ends of the ice. I think he'd add a lot of balance which would make our top 6, as offensively talented as they are, harder to score on and that's the most important thing come playoff time.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
They may be asking for Saad, but at the end of the day they will take what they can get. Look at what teams were offering for Iggy, certainly not their best prospects.

Yeah, I definitely lean toward this view. If he is moved, that will probably be what he gets moved for.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If coldsteel's world, Chicago should be a favourite for every player and should have no problem attaining any player they want. It's simply not the case.

Just give me 1! Not too much to ask, and no, I'm not talking about a 4/5 D-man. Let us be the ones who catch the big fish.

But yeah, you are right. When I see a guy moved that I like, I look at what we have and logically top that offer significantly and if it still looks good, yeah, I'm pissed we didn't do it.

If it is true, as a lot of you seem to believe, that a team would take significantly less to trade a guy to a different team or because of whatever reason, no, I cannot understand that and never will. I will assume we just simply did not want to pay the price.

SLarmer28*

According to Eklund (I know I know...) we are on Derek Roy... what do you guys think about that??
Forget it!

GMJN wanted Brandon Saad for Nicklas Grossman last year. Imagine what the ransom will be this year for Derek Roy!

I would rather make a call to Dale Tallon and see what is available from the Florida LOLthers.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

Not necessarily, they may be like Washington and Ribeiro....don't trade him, try to make the playoffs, then try to resign him in the off season. Its not like Iginla who is at the end of his career.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Just give me 1! Not too much to ask, and no, I'm not talking about a 4/5 D-man. Let us be the ones who catch the big fish.

They don't need a big fish. They aren't lean on wingers like the Pens. They don't need anymore Dmen, certainly not a big-name one and while another centre would be nice, it's not going to make or break their playoff run, as it hasn't made or broken their season.

Oh, I know folks, Bolland's the worstest player in the world.

SLarmer28*

You don't think the Anaheim Ducks or the Vancouver Canucks won't be on the Derek Roy sweepstakes?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Anaheim or Vancouver just might be willing to give up a 2013 first round draft pick plus a "B" level prospect.

Yep, that's why they'll probably get him (if he is moved), either that, or someone else willing to pay the same price.

You don't go into Best Buy and see a TV for $1000 and say "I'm not paying that, $850" Well, some other guy is walking out with the TV.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Roy just doesn't help that much, if we are trading a 1st, I want a difference maker or a hard nosed player.

Roy just adds to the list of soft forwards we already have. He's a bit better offensively than Bolland, but not near as good defensively.

I would trade McNeill and Smith for him, but not a 2013 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad