Speculation: Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread II (NHL rumors/trades talk in here as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
This draft is deep, that doesn't mean it's deep in high-end offensive players though. You're looking at more Danault's, McNeill's, Johns', etc where Chicago will be picking. Good prospects, projectably good Pros, but no real standout offensive players that project to be big-time producers in the NHL.

That's why I'm saying, with having already take a few years to develope McNeill, Morin and Clendening, there's no sense in trading them over trading Chicago's 1st round pick.
Disagree again, there will be a player like a Giroux, or Getzlaf or Perry later in the 1st round. They may not be quite as good as them, but there are players with that type of potential late in the 1st round. Danault, McNeill etc, project more as bottom 6/4 players than top 6.

You can get a future top 6/4 guy late in the 1st round this year.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Hossa's concussion plus Crawford's inexcusable goaltending were also factors in last season's NHL playoffs against the Coyotes.

Right, it wasn't anyone but Crawford's fault that the Coyotes scored a game winner on a puck that slid in untouched from the blue line and one that was shot from the corner.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
No he doesn't.

LOUI ERIKSSON

DEREK ROY

JAROMIR JAGR

4.21%

Roy has played mostly with those guys.

He is not that responsible, and he's a vanilla forward on this team.

Wrong:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_time..._s&f2=5v5&f5=DAL&c=0+1+3+5+8+9+11+13+15+17+19

DEREKROY: DAL 372.62 LOUIERIKSSON STEPHANEROBIDAS ALEXGOLIGOSKI BRENDENDILLON TREVORDALEY ERIKCOLE

JAROMIRJAGR: DAL 439.92 JAMIEBENN BRENDENMORROW LOUIERIKSSON BRENDENDILLON STEPHANEROBIDAS ALEXGOLIGOSK

Jagr hasn't been anywhere near Roy.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Disagree again, there will be a player like a Giroux, or Getzlaf or Perry later in the 1st round. They may not be quite as good as them, but there are players with that type of potential late in the 1st round. Danault, McNeill etc, project more as bottom 6/4 players than top 6.

You can get a future top 6/4 guy late in the 1st round this year.

No there won't be. I mean, in any draft, guys can play above and beyond their draft ranking/selection and turn out to be steals, but the hype surronding this draft has significantly died down. You're looking at Bo Horvat, Ryan Hartman, JT Compher, Mirco Mueller, Jacob De la Rose, etc in 20s+ of this draft. Where't the Ryan Getzlaf in that group? The Perry? The Giroux? It's not there.

There's some boom/bust guys like Petan, but other than that, you're looking at good, not great prospects.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Hossa's concussion plus Crawford's inexcusable goaltending were also factors in last season's NHL playoffs against the Coyotes.

Yep, a lot went into Chicago losng that series. But, at the end of the day, it was more on the coaches/players than it was on Bowman.

SLarmer28*

We've agreed before. I'm a pariah to the group think because I have my own ideas about trades and such but when it comes to the team, my thoughts aren't much different than anyone else.
I'll take Marcel Goc from Florida. Dale Tallon can have two or possibly three of the following:

Jimmy Hayes
Kevin Hayes
Kyle Beach
Dylan Olsen
Shawn Lalonde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad